LiveFight
October 23, 2017, 04:21:31 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ward vs Kovalev 2  (Read 4073 times)
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2017, 10:51:37 PM »

If I'm completely honest, I think Ward got away with one in the last fight. I am a massive fan of Ward and his skillset, so I was happy that it was at least arguable. I've debated if I feel this way because it was essentially the only close fight that he has ever had as a professional. Even so, I think he nicked it at best.

Going to buy this PPV, but not sure what each man can do differently. If we take Kovalev at his word, he gassed because of his training. That seems insanely suspect this late in his career. Think Ward had something to do with him gassing. If he can replicate the first five rounds over twelve, Ward is cooked. I just don't think it is possible. I imagine Ward might be a bit more cute and clever in this one, but he'll ultimately be dodging cement hands all night. A real pick 'em fight. Not sure how to call it, but obviously pulling for Ward.

Bit of an off topic here, but if there are other betting people on this forum, I have a hot tip that Kovalev's racist aggression may put him over the edge and cause him to make mistakes.
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2017, 10:51:37 PM »

mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2017, 11:13:57 PM »

What's all this Kovalev racism stuff about!?? Is it fact or is it just an easy thing to talk rubbish about

He's fought plenty of black fighters without this issue, he also has a black trainer.....
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2017, 12:06:33 AM »

What's all this Kovalev racism stuff about!?? Is it fact or is it just an easy thing to talk rubbish about

He's fought plenty of black fighters without this issue, he also has a black trainer.....

It's complete bollocks
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2017, 12:08:36 AM »

Can someone send me a link for this ? Had to take the missis to f***ing Blackpool for a night out as I had to go a strip joint (work related) last night so she's had fuckig face on..

Blackpool hotels surprisingly  don't have sky
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2017, 01:05:06 AM »

And Americans get a bad rub for not undestanding dry humor. It was a joke. Found motoriser's statement insanely ridiculous. Indicated how much I laughed in my previous post. Do not get a sun tan and lose your passport on holiday folks, no visa official in the world believe you are British.
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2017, 01:05:06 AM »

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2017, 01:39:43 AM »

And Americans get a bad rub for not undestanding dry humor. It was a joke. Found motoriser's statement insanely ridiculous. Indicated how much I laughed in my previous post. Do not get a sun tan and lose your passport on holiday folks, no visa official in the world believe you are British.

The post could is easy to read wrong to be fair.

And he's Irish not British as far as I'm aware   Wink
mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2017, 01:57:17 AM »

The post could is easy to read wrong to be fair.

And he's Irish not British as far as I'm aware   Wink

I think he got confused!! I just wanted to know where the racism tag was coming from...

That Bivol fella on the Undercard looks terrifying
mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2017, 03:51:29 AM »

Kov looked like he was having that but.... Weeks made a complete bollox of that.

Definitely a few low blows, but even if they weren't it shouldn't have been stopped.

Weird weird stuff
dmp
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2017, 03:51:40 AM »

brilliant the krusher crushed
glad the bully got beat
motoriser
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2017, 04:08:47 AM »

I take you have not heard of his numerous Racist tweets to Adonis Stevenson,Lenox Lewis and Ward himself.He tends to call them Monkeys.If that is not Racist then what is?

Southern Storm
Chris
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2017, 04:10:58 AM »

Terrible stoppage. Agree with Paulie completely. I thought ref was stopping it briefly for a low blow! Very poor refereeing on the biggest stage and in a huge rematch.
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2017, 04:12:36 AM »

The punches were low. I cannot understand why the fight was stopped.

Though ward still the p4p no.1 for me. The big right hand he landed on kovalev was class. Kovalev was hurt although he didn't admit it.

Not sure where ward goes from here... but i think they should do a third fight. Dissapointing referee throughout the fight.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
motoriser
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2017, 04:13:01 AM »

Like I said,Ward was going to put on a Virtuoso performance in this one and have his Sugar Ray Leonard moment by making his opponent do a No Mas.We saw that tonight. I had Ward up by a 2 points going into the 8th round,2 judges had him up by 1 point,while the other had Kovalev up by 2.But a stoppage win is the most Conclusive.What about that right hand? not bad for a Guy who is a natural left handed fighter.
Kudos to Ward,he has now closed this Kovalev Chapter and is now P4P KING,love him or hate him.

Southern Storm
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2017, 04:13:29 AM »

brilliant the krusher crushed
glad the bully got beat

Fair to say his balls are probably 'krushed'

motoriser
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2017, 04:15:57 AM »

The punches were low. I cannot understand why the fight was stopped.

Though ward still the p4p no.1 for me. The big right hand he landed on kovalev was class. Kovalev was hurt although he didn't admit it.

Not sure where ward goes from here... but i think they should do a third fight. Dissapointing referee throughout the fight.
The body shots were bordeline,so the angle Toy Weeks was at,made it hard to see.In the previous round Kovalev was starting to turn his back and was told not to do so.So it was a bad sign as he was also tiring.The stoppage can create debate understandably so,but Ward was much more sharper and like you said,that right hand was Class.

Southern Storm
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: