LiveFight
April 23, 2018, 11:21:08 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World Boxing Super Series  (Read 10471 times)
bigbibbs

« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2018, 09:35:30 AM »

Who think Eubank can go back to school bow his head and learn how to box.
He says he shows no emotion in the ring but perhaps that loses him the fight.
In thinking single minded that he can blow anyone out he shuts down his own passion to switch the plan and method.
I think he shows too much emotion and ties himself up which in turn shuts down his capability.
LiveFight
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2018, 09:35:30 AM »

SteveR
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2018, 10:05:08 AM »

Who think Eubank can go back to school bow his head and learn how to box.
He says he shows no emotion in the ring but perhaps that loses him the fight.
In thinking single minded that he can blow anyone out he shuts down his own passion to switch the plan and method.
I think he shows too much emotion and ties himself up which in turn shuts down his capability.

I was shocked to find out he's 28 - one year younger than Groves. It's too late for him. His (unearned) arrogance has ruined it for him IMO
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2018, 10:08:06 AM »

I think the fact that Jr got ‘old manned’ by a guy a year older than him shows how far behind in training and in ring experience he actually is.
SteveR
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2018, 10:10:44 AM »

I think the fact that Jr got ‘old manned’ by a guy a year older than him shows how far behind in training and in ring experience he actually is.

Too busy giving it the big time Charlie.

Like him or loathe him, at least his dad was actually good administration earned the right to quote literally lord it up.

Which is the biggest father son gap, Chavez or Eubank?
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2018, 11:08:38 AM »

Too busy giving it the big time Charlie.

Like him or loathe him, at least his dad was actually good administration earned the right to quote literally lord it up.

Which is the biggest father son gap, Chavez or Eubank?

That’s a tough one as Chavez was just lazy and never lived the life. Eubank is clearly dedicated but has just refused to apply himself correctly due to his arrogance.
LiveFight
« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2018, 11:08:38 AM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2018, 11:04:39 AM »

I think the worst cut of his career happening during his biggest ever fight had a big part to play in Jr's performance.

I said earlier that I didn't know if he could beat Groves, but I think that hole in his temple which was bleeding solid for half an hour definitely affected his stamina / vision. Blood was everywhere and then adrenaline leaking into your eyes and mixing around didn't help either.

Many have taken that fat lard ass Naz's drunken scathing rant a bit too far myself and we have got a pigeon mentality developing.

Eubank aint that good, but he's not a completely useless either. He hasn't figured out how to put all his gifts together and smooth over the flaws. That is because of the arrogance surrounding them. They don't wish to pay a 'bucket holder' - but some trainers are worth their weight in gold at this level where small adjustments are the difference between winning & losing.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 11:06:35 AM by Red » Logged
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2018, 11:37:14 AM »

He has looked lost against the 2 competently skilled boxers he has faced at a higher level. The cut won't have helped of course but he was doing nothing even before that happened. This idea of doing nothing early doors and hoping to come on strong later in the fight is such a flawed plan especially when you don't have the brain to set up your attacks properly against a guy that's not prepared to just meet you head on.

Eubank has got some gifts but his lack of IQ has been exposed badly twice now. This nonsense attitude that he can do it all himself will kill his career if he doesn't have a serious rethink soon.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2018, 01:33:20 PM »

Is anyone going to bother with the Smith v Brähmer PPV? I think they’ve done the right thing by setting it at a lower price but it still doesn’t hold enough interest for me to spend another tenner on it after last weekend. As there’s a card on BN, I’ll probably just watch FW’s prospects bash people up on that instead.
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2018, 01:38:45 PM »

Eubank... surprised me in that he was not his usual composed self. He fought desperately from the beginning of the fight. As though he was already behind on the score cards.

He also went into the fight with the mindset that he could only win by knock out. Usually he showboats to goad the opponent into opening up and then he counters... but this was completly the opposite. He just went in with Plan A - to blast groves out.

Then the cut happend and that just made him fight even more desperately. The corner man was shaking/trembling trying his best to stop the bleeding but he looked lost and a bag of nerves too.

Groves did very well. The only criticism I had of his performance was the holding - something khan gets slack for. Apart from that he did what he had to do and registered a knock down that went against him. Good performance and he still has a lot to offer.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
legs

« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2018, 03:32:39 PM »

Is anyone going to bother with the Smith v Brähmer PPV? I think they’ve done the right thing by setting it at a lower price but it still doesn’t hold enough interest for me to spend another tenner on it after last weekend. As there’s a card on BN, I’ll probably just watch FW’s prospects bash people up on that instead.

I'll probably try and find a link for Smith v Brahmer also watch a few BN fights too before.

The fight is abit more interesting with it being in Germany I expect Smith to win but you never know out of his comfort zone and if it goes to the cards anything could happen.

I hope Callum wins it and I think it would be better if it is Groves V Smith final.
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2018, 03:34:07 PM »

that was awful to watch. im suprised how bad eubank was, those windmills were something to behold. he doesnt seem well disciplined enough to box tidily when hes under presure he just opens up and flails away. a lot of people were expecting a lot more from him than that. groves did nothing wrong, won easily, punished him at times for being so sloppy. its a testament to eubanks conditioning and mentality that he was still in the fight at the end, because his boxing was not good.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2018, 07:00:51 PM »

I think the worst cut of his career happening during his biggest ever fight had a big part to play in Jr's performance.

I said earlier that I didn't know if he could beat Groves, but I think that hole in his temple which was bleeding solid for half an hour definitely affected his stamina / vision. Blood was everywhere and then adrenaline leaking into your eyes and mixing around didn't help either.

Many have taken that fat lard ass Naz's drunken scathing rant a bit too far myself and we have got a pigeon mentality developing.

Eubank aint that good, but he's not a completely useless either. He hasn't figured out how to put all his gifts together and smooth over the flaws. That is because of the arrogance surrounding them. They don't wish to pay a 'bucket holder' - but some trainers are worth their weight in gold at this level where small adjustments are the difference between winning & losing.

Naz was definitely going too far with what he said...

I think Eubank Jr has a future in the fight game, but he needs to be matched right...he just needs to be kept away from quality boxers, as was the case with his Father staying clear of the likes of Jones, Toney and Hopkins...

Jr needs to drop back down to 160, and avoid the likes of Canelo, GGG, Saunders, and Charlo like the plague...

He MUST be matched against the likes of Martin Murray, David Lemieux et al...he will look a million dollars against guys like that
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2018, 07:46:45 PM »

The Day After:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ZptrpfbkHBM

Good to see the WBSS keeping the 360 type content from the Super Six going for this.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2018, 10:09:06 PM »

Agree with this.
Just because Naz wrapped as soon as he got involved with someone who didn’t fall for his circus flailing arms it doesn’t mean every fighter has to.
Not a fan of Eubank, but he is a decent fighter and has some real attributes... he does need the right person to show him how to use them. He may never be elite, but losing to a world champion fighter and the number 1 ranked fighter in the competition doesn’t make you shit.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #134 on: February 20, 2018, 08:56:56 AM »

Gareth Davis is reporting that Braehmer is out of the fight on Saturday and that a replacement will be announced.

Smith to fight Nieky Holzken 13-0 now.  I imagine that ITV will have to pull this as a PPV now.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 10:12:06 AM by The Hurricane » Logged
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: