LiveFight
September 20, 2018, 05:32:17 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World Boxing Super Series  (Read 15281 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2018, 10:59:13 AM »

Gareth Davis is reporting that Braehmer is out of the fight on Saturday and that a replacement will be announced.

Smith to fight Nieky Holzken 13-0 now.  I imagine that ITV will have to pull this as a PPV now.

I bought the "2 fights for £19.95" offer from ITV for this fight and last Saturday's...

I bet a raft of folk will want their money back (Im not bothered really) and that will possibly hit Callum in the pocket if PPV sales are a factor of his purse.
LiveFight
« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2018, 10:59:13 AM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2018, 11:39:44 AM »

I bought the "2 fights for £19.95" offer from ITV for this fight and last Saturday's...

I bet a raft of folk will want their money back (Im not bothered really) and that will possibly hit Callum in the pocket if PPV sales are a factor of his purse.

I bought mine thorough Sky and didn't see that as an option or I'd have done that as well.  It will be a tough sell to keep it a PPV as I imagine there are very few that have heard of the guy he is fighting now.

Hopefully Groves recovers to be fit for the final as it would be a shame for the 168 edition to end up falling over the line when the WBSS as a whole has been so good to date.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2018, 05:52:33 PM »

Gareth Davis is reporting that Braehmer is out of the fight on Saturday and that a replacement will be announced.

Smith to fight Nieky Holzken 13-0 now.  I imagine that ITV will have to pull this as a PPV now.

This is WONDERFUL news...this other guy will be easy work for Callum, he poses no threat at all...we NEED a guaranteed all-British final in order for this tournament to survive given the shoulder injury to Groves...Eubank Jr can step in for Groves if his shoulder is fooked for the long-term...Eubank jr Vs Callum is actually a fun fight so a a great back-up option if Groves can't make it...the point is that, with Braehmer pulling out, it will put more pressure on the WBSS board to have an all-British final if Groves cannot make it, because they will need it for commercial sustainability...
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2018, 07:48:16 PM »

Has the extent of Groves injury been confirmed yet?
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #139 on: February 21, 2018, 01:10:31 PM »

Has the extent of Groves injury been confirmed yet?
I read somewhere it wasn't too serious (for a dislocation) and no surgery was needed. I still think June 2nd would be too soon after that injury though
LiveFight
« Reply #139 on: February 21, 2018, 01:10:31 PM »

legs

« Reply #140 on: February 21, 2018, 08:07:34 PM »

The sensible thing to do is to push the final back a few months so we get to see the boxers ranked 1 and 2 in the final.

If a replacement is called up Iíd guess they would look at Braehmer or someone like Degale as a replacement maybe as Braehmer could say he wasnít beaten and Degale is well known in the UK.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #141 on: February 21, 2018, 09:36:34 PM »

They wonít push it back. I imagine they will look tonstart the new Series in September so wonít want the final of this one overshadowing the build up to the next edition or overlapping with it.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2018, 08:07:44 PM »

They wonít push it back. I imagine they will look tonstart the new Series in September so wonít want the final of this one overshadowing the build up to the next edition or overlapping with it.

I think if they donít push back the final given the circumstances then the WBSS concept loses credibility and interest.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2018, 09:41:54 PM »

I think if they donít push back the final given the circumstances then the WBSS concept loses credibility and interest.

As long as the Cruiser editition goes off without a hitch I donít think there will be much of an impact.  A Groves v Smith final would be great domestically but they canít let one fight compromise what looks  to be a longer term concept.  There would be huge demand for Groves v the winner anyway if he wasnít in the final.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2018, 11:04:37 AM »

When Smith wins this weekend I think Eubank v Smith will be the final. Smith has still fought absolutely nobody of any note so I think would make for an intriguing fight. The only problem is if Eubank wins nobody will want to see Groves v Eubank again

The only way that changes is if the get Degale to come in and fight Smith instead
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2018, 09:05:30 PM »

When Smith wins this weekend I think Eubank v Smith will be the final. Smith has still fought absolutely nobody of any note so I think would make for an intriguing fight. The only problem is if Eubank wins nobody will want to see Groves v Eubank again

The only way that changes is if the get Degale to come in and fight Smith instead

Surely groves has to fight in the final? Literally no point otherwise imo.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2018, 09:28:54 PM »

As long as the Cruiser editition goes off without a hitch I donít think there will be much of an impact.  A Groves v Smith final would be great domestically but they canít let one fight compromise what looks  to be a longer term concept.  There would be huge demand for Groves v the winner anyway if he wasnít in the final.

I disagree mate. Leading up to the final you can accept it but the way the competitions played out you canít. Groves at the moment is a world champion and is arguably the man to beat in the division. You replace him in the final with someone he beat against a man thatís not fought anyone of note in his whole career, got a semi buy to the final and no world title whoíd be interested in that?

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2018, 12:00:55 PM »

Kalle said in Boxing News that the end of June would be as far as they would be willing to put it back. They are still charging a tenner for Smith v Holzken so it certainly doesnít look like they are letting withdrawals take them off plan.
jorg21
Executive Member

« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2018, 09:19:47 PM »

any streams going for tonight? A PM if so please lads.
legs

« Reply #149 on: February 24, 2018, 09:43:40 PM »

Abit of a shock Zelfa Barrett lost on points to Ronnie Clark
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: