LiveFight
April 21, 2018, 10:01:15 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World Boxing Super Series  (Read 10378 times)
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #150 on: February 25, 2018, 12:11:37 AM »

This competition has sadly failed to change the rather dull tone of Callum Smiths career. Hes fought nobody even now yet gets a final spot. Nothing against the guy but hes just done very little and now gets a final spot and world title shot.

Team Groves
LiveFight
« Reply #150 on: February 25, 2018, 12:11:37 AM »

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #151 on: February 25, 2018, 02:02:05 PM »

This competition has sadly failed to change the rather dull tone of Callum Smiths career. Hes fought nobody even now yet gets a final spot. Nothing against the guy but hes just done very little and now gets a final spot and world title shot.

Its true that Smith's career hasn't caught fire like it was expected it would, its been painfully slow burning but there's still time. The Groves fight will be built into a big event. There will be a lot on the line and some big lucrative options after. Hopefully it will capture the imagination.

Its strange how Smith's power has seemed to be on the wane in recent fights. Not sure whether that's a case of him fighting genuinely tough fighters lately, whether he's not quite a massive hitter on the world stage, or whether he's drained at the weight and its depleting him. Perhaps a bit of everything.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #152 on: February 26, 2018, 10:58:33 AM »

Groves has said hes having a minor operation on his shoulder this morning and should be ready to fight in July. Hopefully this can be accommodated as it should mean the final being done and dusted before any of the new series commence.
legs

« Reply #153 on: February 26, 2018, 07:42:38 PM »

Makes sense to put it back for a month its the final fans want to see.
bigbibbs

« Reply #154 on: February 27, 2018, 06:55:05 PM »

I agree that it hasn't quite set the world alight. But you have to ask yourself why?
The best fighting the best but still it doesn't ignite.
If this competition hadn't happened who would each of these guys have fought if not each other.
LiveFight
« Reply #154 on: February 27, 2018, 06:55:05 PM »

AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #155 on: February 27, 2018, 08:53:26 PM »

I agree that it hasn't quite set the world alight. But you have to ask yourself why?
The best fighting the best but still it doesn't ignite.
If this competition hadn't happened who would each of these guys have fought if not each other.

To be honest the only decent fighters in this are those from the UK.

I think Groves and maybe eubank would of faced each other or decent opponents. Smith may of fought another 3 or 4 number one contender fights while waiting for a world champion willing to set up a ring in Kirkby market.

Team Groves
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #156 on: April 11, 2018, 08:55:36 PM »

Groves has said hell be ready to fight in the final if an extension is granted to push it back until 7th July.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #157 on: April 16, 2018, 06:36:43 PM »

Usyk has suffered an elbow injury so the Cruiserweight final now needs to be postponed. Its a real shame that both editions have run into injury problems just before the conclusion.  Although the Cruiser was starting to be touted for other destinations last week.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 06:54:31 PM by The Hurricane » Logged
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: