LiveFight
October 24, 2017, 07:53:38 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Broner-Mikey Garcia this weekend.  (Read 1372 times)
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: July 23, 2017, 05:30:47 PM »

Who we picking?

I kinda want to see a big performance from Broner as he can look super impressive when switched on. Seems to be a significant outsider in this one though..

LiveFight
« on: July 23, 2017, 05:30:47 PM »

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 05:47:25 PM »

This is really Broner's last chance to make an impression and still be considered a top level operator. He's been competing at 147 and he's undersized there because he doesn't live the life, but for this fight he's at a proper weight and he's worked hard. The question is....is it all too late?

In Garcia he's facing a very dedicated professional whose a quality fighter in his own right and one with a load of ambition. Garcia has lived the life and has looked impressive in recent fights and so he's the heavy favourite really.

But Broner does have talent, he's at a good weight for him and he'll be the bigger man in this fight which hasn't been the case for a long time. If and its a big 'if' Broner turns up and delivers his best, then this has the potential to be a great fight.

Garcia's real breakout moment and Broners last chance to remain a star. Quality crossroads fight.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 06:20:39 PM »

This is really Broner's last chance to make an impression and still be considered a top level operator. He's been competing at 147 and he's undersized there because he doesn't live the life, but for this fight he's at a proper weight and he's worked hard. The question is....is it all too late?

In Garcia he's facing a very dedicated professional whose a quality fighter in his own right and one with a load of ambition. Garcia has lived the life and has looked impressive in recent fights and so he's the heavy favourite really.

But Broner does have talent, he's at a good weight for him and he'll be the bigger man in this fight which hasn't been the case for a long time. If and its a big 'if' Broner turns up and delivers his best, then this has the potential to be a great fight.

Garcia's real breakout moment and Broners last chance to remain a star. Quality crossroads fight.

Yeah top analysis that mate.
Broner as much as he's a grade A knob, is talented. However he's never fulfilled his potential, mainly due to the fact he's not quiet as good as he thinks he is... he thinks he can get away with being a fat f**ker between fights etc. Garcia on the other hand knows how good he is and puts in the miles.
I can only see Garcia being too much for broner for these reasons.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 06:34:38 PM »

Broner looks like he's done the weight for this by doing crystal meth.  I fancy Garcia to stop him.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 07:53:05 PM »

Broner looks like he's done the weight for this by doing crystal meth.  I fancy Garcia to stop him.

Looks terrible
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 07:53:05 PM »

legs

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 08:17:32 PM »

Hopefully its Garcia by KO.

I think Broner got sucked into the Floyd II hype and thought all he had to do was turn up to win fights & it looks to me he has wasted his prime years.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 01:10:42 PM »

Good night what with Frmapton on as well
Vlad The Impaler
V.I.P

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 05:55:12 PM »

Yeah definitely looking forward to this fight. Should be on at a decent time since its in New York, might be stay up job after Frampton.

Is there any build-up programmes/documentaries for this one?
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 02:29:29 PM »

So glad this fight is happening (subject to Broner making weight) Mikey to win by stoppage. Dont want Broner to win at all...

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 02:42:17 PM »

Just seen that Frampton has missed weight for his fight on Saturday so it will no longer be a WBC eliminator for him.
tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 03:30:07 PM »

Just seen that Frampton has missed weight for his fight on Saturday so it will no longer be a WBC eliminator for him.

You think he's not really bothered to try as the money fight for him is either selby or the Santa Cruz rematch, Russel Jr isn't really a retirement fund fight.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 03:38:55 PM »

You think he's not really bothered to try as the money fight for him is either selby or the Santa Cruz rematch, Russel Jr isn't really a retirement fund fight.

All the signs certainly seem to be pointing to Selby being next.  Russell Jr is one of those guys that has been so anonymous with PBC that his own mother would struggle to pick him out of a line-up at this stage of his career.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 09:17:15 PM »

Frampton fight now off apparently as his opponent has had an accident. Sounds a bit weird for an unspecified accident to happen between the weigh in and now.
jorg21
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 03:01:21 AM »

***************spoilers***********************

I've been saying it since he was at 130 Broner cannot fight on the back foot, Mikey fought the perfect fight pushing Broner back and keeping it simple with straight punches.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2017, 08:20:16 AM »

***************spoilers***********************

I've been saying it since he was at 130 Broner cannot fight on the back foot, Mikey fought the perfect fight pushing Broner back and keeping it simple with straight punches.

Garcia did fight a very astute fight....but he was assisted greatly in Broner showing no real desire to win once it became clear he wasn't going to be able to front run his way to a win.

There was plenty of things that Broner could have done or tried to do to turn the tide in his favor, but he didn't show the urgency or hunger to do it. Sad to say but it was a lack of real fighting heart and pride in the win.

Broner just stayed there chatting sh*t to Garcia, but he didn't do anything to alter the fights flow...and sadly we didn't get to see if it was beyond his physical capabilities, more because he wasn't prepared to dig deep in an attempt to change things. He accepted defeat with very little objection.

Maybe even if he'd fired on all cylinders he'd have still come up short....but to not even give of his best, well that was very disappointing and he'll have to live with the knowledge of that.

He spoke afterwards like he's still one of the sports attractions....but he can forget that! Broner we know was undersized in his previous defeats so could latch onto that as an excuse. But he was at a correct weight and simply didn't give his best effort last night and that's not good enough. People will be interested to see a fighter who gives their best even in defeat, but not someone who can't be bothered to deliver a true effort. His ego has got a bit shock coming because I think he'll find out now that he'll just be considered a name opponent, and his purses offers will drop like a stone in a pond. And with his ego I think we'll see him now sat idle waiting for a big offer which might never come.

I'm sure he can get another biggish name opponent or a title fight, but he'll have to take a shitty end of the stick and I'm not sure he'll be prepared to do that in a hurry.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 08:28:13 AM by lurkyshaka » Logged
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: