LiveFight
October 20, 2017, 08:48:25 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brook wants Cotto fight  (Read 1260 times)
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 11:26:23 AM »

The more he loses the bigger names Kell calls out it seems.

Cotto is very much on the decline now days. He's more a reminder of the previous generation of great light welter and welterweight fighters.

Team Groves
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 11:26:23 AM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 12:12:44 PM »

The more he loses the bigger names Kell calls out it seems.

Cotto is very much on the decline now days. He's more a reminder of the previous generation of great light welter and welterweight fighters.

It seems strange now to think back to a time when he and Hatton were contemporaries and could have met and made for a huge fight.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 12:42:47 PM »

Brook has fallen so far in such a short space of time. Probably made a decent few quid but it cost him his career/legacy. He could've fought a Bradley, Garcia, a current PAC made just as much money and still been undefeated still with huge earning potential.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2017, 03:01:37 PM »

It seems strange now to think back to a time when he and Hatton were contemporaries and could have met and made for a huge fight.

Those for where the days for boxing. Sadly as like always some great fights never got made.

Team Groves
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2017, 04:48:29 PM »

Brook has fallen so far in such a short space of time. Probably made a decent few quid but it cost him his career/legacy. He could've fought a Bradley, Garcia, a current PAC made just as much money and still been undefeated still with huge earning potential.

I don't think he would have made as much fighting Bradley could have potentially lost which would have cost him as mentioned. I just get the impression his heart isn't in the sport anymore if it was he'd be rebuilding and looking to get back in contention rather than this sort of fight.

A Slice of Life
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2017, 04:48:29 PM »

Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2017, 03:18:21 PM »

Cotto announced today his next fight is his last and he retires from boxing.

A Slice of Life
wbamitch

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2017, 04:01:56 PM »

I think it's a more winnable fight than the Spence fight but still a very risky one coming back off the 2 defeats. Cotto's fight with Canelo showed me he still has enough to offer to challenge most, I still rate Brook highly and probably just behind Spence in welterweights but he has to rebuild in my opinion, as mentioned previously in hindsight a fight against the recent version of Pac, Garcia, Bradley probably would have fared better for him, although he has a bit of work to do I am glad we got to see what I perceive as the 2 current best.

I'd like to see Cotto end on a big fight but I'm not sure about a Brook fight for both.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2017, 06:08:14 PM »

Both looking to cash out let's be honest here
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: