LiveFight
October 22, 2017, 10:03:22 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boxing Retirements  (Read 426 times)
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: August 06, 2017, 03:37:44 PM »

This week has seen Cotto announce his next fight is his last, Wlad Klitchko confirmed his retirement and today sees Tim Bradley confirm he to is retiring. We have lost some really great fighters to retirement over the course of the last couple of years, does everyone think we have the fighters and characters to fill the void?

A Slice of Life
LiveFight
« on: August 06, 2017, 03:37:44 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 03:55:37 PM »

JM Marquez is on that list too. All of the guys mentioned have faded away as opposed to burning out really so whilst the sport will miss them to a degree, I don't see them particularly leaving a void. Even when Floyd went and with Manny as a shadow of himself there was still plenty of talent out there albeit possibly lacking in true superstars at present.
big al

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 05:57:40 PM »

You can never judge a new bunch of fighters or a character to early I think we can only really judge them when they retire. Years ago when Marquez burst on the scene he was very good little did I think in time he would go on to be considerd a great of his era but that's the way I feel now. The same applies to cotto as well but I can't say the same for Bradley whilst he was good/ok I think he falls into the category of good fighters in the mix in his particular era. I do feel at present there is some excellent talents out there now in lomachenko,Crawford,spence,Joshua and also we could be seeing greats at present in GGG,canelo,mikey Garcia,rigondoux. I personally feel boxing is a great place at the moment and exciting times and fights lie ahead
bigbibbs

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 05:30:27 PM »

There has been and always will be talent and characters.
What makes them is good competition and 50/50 fights.  It is also more importantly wide coverage of such talent so that as many of you see it. All of this ppv is cornering off exposure to turn none or casual fans into real fans.
Exposure not just come fight time but limelight in the full media arena.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: