LiveFight
October 22, 2017, 10:04:23 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crolla Vs Burns  (Read 730 times)
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: August 07, 2017, 05:49:41 PM »

Fight confirmed 7th of October Manchester Arena

A Slice of Life
LiveFight
« on: August 07, 2017, 05:49:41 PM »

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 07:20:35 PM »

Crolla with ease.
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 07:23:36 PM »

Probably be quite an even match up but not that excited about it. Burns was never that good and has certainly slipped since he lost his world titles apart from a better than expected showing against Figueroa. Crolla has lost decisively back to back against the same guy so this is more of a British level fight now as far as I see it. May be worth a watch though.
wheaty

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 09:48:47 PM »

It will be the most respectful press conference in boxing history! Decent fight though.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 01:49:17 PM »

Probably be quite an even match up but not that excited about it. Burns was never that good and has certainly slipped since he lost his world titles apart from a better than expected showing against Figueroa. Crolla has lost decisively back to back against the same guy so this is more of a British level fight now as far as I see it. May be worth a watch though.

Its potentially a cracking fight, but I think your lack of excitement is probably due to the feeling that this is a sort of fringe world level fight at this point. Both overachieved to win world title, but neither managed to become the top dog at whatever weight they were competing at.

But on paper its a very even match up......

I think Burns holds an edge stylewise.....in that I think his style is well suited to get the better of Crolla's. Crolla has struggled at times with opposition who move well and can box effectively on the back foot.

But on the other hand....Crolla probably has more left in the tank and will have home advantage too. If it gets attritional then his gas tank should last better especially with Burns having to boil down to lightweight for this one.

I think a strong case can be made for either really. My hope is the fight delivers and we see both men turn up capable of delivering a performance they can be proud of. It'll be sad if one finds that the well has run dry and loses heavily when by rights this fight has always had the potential to be very competitive if both men are at or around their best.

Its a trade type fight. Will probably fly under the radar but it could be a good one.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 01:49:17 PM »

Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 02:30:53 PM »

I really feel I ought to be well up for this fight but it just doesn't have the excitement factor, which is unfortunate.  Not sure if it will be the top of the bill?  Might not sell well if it is.  One of those fights I will no doubt watch if I'm not otherwise engaged but if I miss it, what the heck.  But then I cannot profess to be anywhere near as enthusiastic as I was with boxing in general so maybe I'm under-selling it?
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 02:56:34 PM »

More importantly who from the Scottish are coming down for it?

Jorg? Alba?

I am dying to meet you guys as I hold the Scots in high regard  Kiss
jorg21
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 04:55:51 PM »

More importantly who from the Scottish are coming down for it?

Jorg? Alba?

I am dying to meet you guys as I hold the Scots in high regard  Kiss

Would love to come down for this 1 I might make it down.

Cracking fight though 2 decent guys and its potentially a great fight, I think Ricky in the days where he fought Katsidis and Mitchell he would have held the edge but recently i'd have to say Crolla is the favourite but it's a great fight.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 07:23:39 PM »

I really feel I ought to be well up for this fight but it just doesn't have the excitement factor, which is unfortunate.  Not sure if it will be the top of the bill?  Might not sell well if it is.  One of those fights I will no doubt watch if I'm not otherwise engaged but if I miss it, what the heck.  But then I cannot profess to be anywhere near as enthusiastic as I was with boxing in general so maybe I'm under-selling it?

No I think you're feelings on the fight are similar to many fans. If this match were being made when both were riding high then the interest would be there. But its now got the feeling of a cash out fight only being made now because neither have many other options.

Having said that it could still prove to be a quality fight. Both are ultra respectful men, but both are extremely proud and will be desperate to win.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 09:46:25 AM »

No I think you're feelings on the fight are similar to many fans. If this match were being made when both were riding high then the interest would be there. But its now got the feeling of a cash out fight only being made now because neither have many other options.

Having said that it could still prove to be a quality fight. Both are ultra respectful men, but both are extremely proud and will be desperate to win.

Agree, as someone who's been to a lot of Crollas fights it just doesn't seem to energise me into going. Saying that i'll probably go, if nothing else just to see Burns splattered  Wink

Ive given Ricky a fair amount of crap over the years but to be fair to the lad he got where he is by hard graft and good promotion so cant kncok him for that.

Crolla is similar, neither belong at the top but good promotion did them well. Both nice honest guys out the ring as well. I'd not of travelled accross the DMZ to Glasgow to see it but as its on my doorstep then not really much excuse.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 10:52:04 AM »

Hard to get too excited for this when Crolla was well beaten in his last two (albeit to a top drawer fighter in Linares) and Burns in his last as well as a debatable win against Relikh before that.  I've no doubt both will put in 100% effort but it seems like the England v Scotland angle is being relied upon to justify this topping the bill on a card.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2017, 11:16:04 AM »

Hard to get too excited for this when Crolla was well beaten in his last two (albeit to a top drawer fighter in Linares) and Burns in his last as well as a debatable win against Relikh before that.  I've no doubt both will put in 100% effort but it seems like the England v Scotland angle is being relied upon to justify this topping the bill on a card.

PPV material for Eddie this
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2017, 01:46:50 PM »

Agree, as someone who's been to a lot of Crollas fights it just doesn't seem to energise me into going. Saying that i'll probably go, if nothing else just to see Burns splattered  Wink

Ive given Ricky a fair amount of crap over the years but to be fair to the lad he got where he is by hard graft and good promotion so cant kncok him for that.

Crolla is similar, neither belong at the top but good promotion did them well. Both nice honest guys out the ring as well. I'd not of travelled accross the DMZ to Glasgow to see it but as its on my doorstep then not really much excuse.

In fairness it'll probably deliver good action and the ticket prices shouldn't be too expensive. Its just not a fight that'll really ignite the fans. It'd help if they at least were nasty, but these pair will be chatting amicably all the way uptil the fight.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: