LiveFight
October 23, 2017, 03:08:33 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mayweather v McGregor  (Read 30224 times)
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #570 on: September 08, 2017, 08:02:18 PM »

Lands more punches on Mayweather than Pacquiao in his first ever boxing contest yet he should be "ashamed".

Enjoy your super series tournament opener this weekend.. first fight up Usyk 1/100 to beat Huck. Thank goodness the circus is out the way with and we can get back to the "real" contests.

That says it all though mate.
The fact that mayweather let him hit him shows the massive gulf between them.
If you think for a second those shots that he threw would have landed if floyd didn't know he had zero power and zero chance of hurting him, then you're mad.
The whole thing was awful.
LiveFight
« Reply #570 on: September 08, 2017, 08:02:18 PM »

The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #571 on: September 08, 2017, 08:40:53 PM »

That says it all though mate.
The fact that mayweather let him hit him shows the massive gulf between them.
If you think for a second those shots that he threw would have landed if floyd didn't know he had zero power and zero chance of hurting him, then you're mad.
The whole thing was awful.

Massive gulf between one of the greatest boxers of all time and a first timer? Yes I would hope so.

I realise now on this thread I'm always going to fall on deaf ears when to predominantly boxing fans McGregor was seen as some kind of alien invader. Every punch he slipped was because he was allowed to slip it, every punch he landed he was allowed to land it, everything he did was awful, he has no power, zero technique and apparently he even trod on some baby birds on the way to the arena..

The impartial unbiased review of course is that in his first professional boxing contest against the best this generation has to offer he did much better than any knowledgeable fan thought he was capable of, certainly much better than two other so called world title contenders that night.

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #572 on: September 08, 2017, 10:24:38 PM »

Massive gulf between one of the greatest boxers of all time and a first timer? Yes I would hope so.

I realise now on this thread I'm always going to fall on deaf ears when to predominantly boxing fans McGregor was seen as some kind of alien invader. Every punch he slipped was because he was allowed to slip it, every punch he landed he was allowed to land it, everything he did was awful, he has no power, zero technique and apparently he even trod on some baby birds on the way to the arena..

The impartial unbiased review of course is that in his first professional boxing contest against the best this generation has to offer he did much better than any knowledgeable fan thought he was capable of, certainly much better than two other so called world title contenders that night.

I personally give McGregor credit for what he did do and for giving it a whirl.....but there was a reason why Mayweather did a Joe Frazier impression for the first time ever. Put simply he knew he could. He didn't do a tap for 3-4 rounds whilst McGregor had a go and blew himself out, and then he just walked straight ahead happy to absorb a few arm punches content in the knowledge that Connor would soon be fighting on fumes.

It was like a sparring session where an experienced fighter takes liberties against an inexperienced one just because they can.....which is exactly the crux of what we saw really.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #573 on: September 09, 2017, 11:09:21 AM »

The idea that Mayweather would let McGregor hit him is pretty special. Why would he ever consider taking shots from this unknown quantity when his entire legacy was on the line. Ridiclious verging on retarded opinion.
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #574 on: September 09, 2017, 11:13:05 AM »

The idea that Mayweather would let McGregor hit him is pretty special. Why would he ever consider taking shots from this unknown quantity when his entire legacy was on the line. Ridiclious verging on retarded opinion.

We're not talking about him allowing clean shots to the head. He didn't turn into margarito all of a sudden. His defence was solid enough still just a lot more basic because he knew he didn't have to do anything out of the ordinary to allow McGregor to blow himself out while sustaining little damage himself.

Not that retarded really...
LiveFight
« Reply #574 on: September 09, 2017, 11:13:05 AM »

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #575 on: September 09, 2017, 11:59:01 AM »

We're not talking about him allowing clean shots to the head. He didn't turn into margarito all of a sudden. His defence was solid enough still just a lot more basic because he knew he didn't have to do anything out of the ordinary to allow McGregor to blow himself out while sustaining little damage himself.

Not that retarded really...

Or he just got caught a few times as he'd been out of the ring for two years and wasn't as sharp as in his pre retirement fights.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #576 on: September 09, 2017, 02:33:40 PM »

Not let him hit him, but not give his defense anywhere near as much regard as if Alvarez was pitching at him. So rather than making a punch miss completely, he was happy to take the sting out of shots, nullify and deflect. He didn't sit in front of Alvarez, but he was more than happy to walk right up to McGregor. You don't allow a banger to knock you about cus even half hits can hurt and start adding up, but against a guy whose power you feel you can handle you'll allow him to land some scuffing shots on arms and gloves if you feel its taking more out of him than you.....as was clearly the case with Mayweather/McGregor.

He had an idea what McGregor was or more to the point wasn't bringing to the table going in....confirmed it in the first couple of rounds and then used subtle pressure tactics to wear him down as it progressed. McGregor did well against the version of Mayweather that turned up to fight him, but that's not saying much. Mayweather didn't need nor did he bother getting out of second gear.

End of the day Floyd is one of most decorated boxers of all time, and he was up against a novice.
Saying this isn't a slight on McGregor....its just the plain straight forward truth.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #577 on: September 09, 2017, 07:46:55 PM »

Please stop now.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #578 on: September 09, 2017, 09:51:41 PM »

Grin Grin Grin hilarious stuff.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member