LiveFight
December 18, 2017, 10:28:32 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Poll
Question: Outcome of the fight
Canelo stoppage
Canelo decision
GGG stoppage
GGG decision
Draw

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canelo vs GGG Poll  (Read 4783 times)
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2017, 12:16:41 PM »

I think like I have said on other posts that GGG is coming alive this fight.
This is at last his acid test. He has a very good chance of being beaten. That brings the best out of him I don't think we will see the same face forward slugging. He can't be patient as canelo will start to run away on points.
But I think he will force the pace, intelligent pressure and hit home going had and body.
On the other hand he may do the unexpected and box canelo like mayweather did.
Either way I think he wins in dramatic fashion.

I have watched a lot of GGG over the years and the above is fine but I don't think he has that sort of ability at elite level. The peak years of his career he fought no one whilst the best avoided him. I always believe in his defence you can only beat who is put in front of you and in most cases he has done that in style. However at 35 I just believe it is now Canelos times who will win fairly comfortable.

A Slice of Life
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2017, 12:16:41 PM »

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2017, 05:47:07 PM »

Ginger round 9 K/o

20 55/1

Lobbed 20 on

Adams
Bjs
Smith
Ginge

wbamitch

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2017, 07:54:54 PM »

I'm not confident at all in a prediction, I haven't really decided until I end this post. First few rounds are key to see how Golovkin's jab works for him, if that frustrates Canelo and subdues him a bit, allowing Golovkin to walk him backwards I think that spells trouble for Canelo. My feeling at the moment if one of them can't afford to have a slow start it is Canelo, I feel GGG's constant pressure and jab can still get him back into the fight even he didn't get going straight away.

Of course I have watched enough of both over the years and had another look at GGG's toughest and most imporantly, his last fight, earlier on this week. It was mighty close and I give him a bit more credit looking back than I did at the time while I still commend Jacobs effort. I think Canelo is one of the most impressive offensive fighters in the sport with an arsenal of shots and very quick hands, he has certainly improved since his sole defeat and had some tough close fights since then which will benefit him, none of them similar to what GGG brings though which is another key aspect of this fight, it's definately a new beast.

I expect a cautious start to the fight and I don't believe either are high paced relentless 3 minute fighters with both guilty of taking breaks. I just feel GGG may be slightly more educated in this approach and a couple of key issues which I always feel can bring him back in a fight and better conditioned for a 12 round fight (although there has not been many) are his jab and purely his presence in front of his opponent. I will add that I'm not swaying too much towards the size argument in his favour in terms of being too big and overwhelming Canelo, I always felt Canelo was ready to make the transition to middleweight and I didn't see anything jump out at me at the weigh in and I don't expect to on fight night but we will see.

We have all seen Golovkin hit cleanly in a bit of a face first approach by smooth boxers, perhaps a bit more fleeter footed than Canelo but Canelo has an offensive to match and probably extend past what Golovkin has been caught with before, Brook, Jacobs and even Munroe had a fair amount of success against GGG. I definately give Canelo the edge in defence and a more varied offense which could see him land some eye catching shots on Golovkin and spells of dominance in the fight. Is it enough to do damage? I don't like to base a fighters chin on if they can succeed in a fight, particular against a guy as skilled as Canelo but Golovkin's is SOLID, Jacobs nailed Golovkin a few times and I don't think Canelo punches as hard. I think we would be looking more at a corner stoppage if Canelo was to get on top in that kind of fashion. Canelo is solid in that department as well.

I've mentioned it a few times I think it would be Golovkins jab and constant pressure on Canelo that would be his method of success in this fight, Canelo is great and will have success but Golovkin will just keep on coming and I believe take what Canelo dishes out, both big punchers but I'm thinking like a lot of the media in their predictions that this is a distance fight.

I edged towards Canelo at the start of the week and I don't think this post particularly cements me being more in favour of either guy but I'm going to stick to it and say Canelo is the better boxer and will take a points decision, perhaps holding on at the end with maybe Golovkin hurting him in the championship rounds. It could be controversial.

I've enjoyed the build up to this, like both guys, not particularly rooting for anyone yet. I hope the fight delivers what it promises.

I've got to add as well, taken from a tweet by journalist Douglass Fischer, you can't be calling the loser of this fight "Overated"  a "Bum" "Hype Job". After a fair amount of build up I think this fight is happening at the right time and both are right at the top of the sport.

dmp
Executive Member

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2017, 10:09:46 PM »

Ginger round 9 K/o

20 55/1

Lobbed 20 on

Adams
Bjs
Smith
Ginge

my mrs made me bet r9 canelo
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2017, 10:21:35 PM »

I've got a few on.

Took him on ud and  10 as well

Ggg round 1 as a wild card.

Probably end up a sd in ggg favour  Grin
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2017, 10:21:35 PM »

jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2017, 10:33:28 PM »

my mrs made me bet r9 canelo

Gaylord
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2017, 10:33:41 PM »

Anyone know what time the ring walks are?

A Slice of Life
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2017, 10:37:06 PM »

Meant to be around 3.50 if I remember correctly.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2017, 11:41:33 PM »

Can someone PM me a slow running river later. After the dire BJS fight I am going to head to my bed and get back up.

A Slice of Life
dmp
Executive Member

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2017, 01:34:26 AM »

Anyone know what time the ring walks are?

11pm vagas time
unknown
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2017, 02:01:58 AM »

before the fight starts...

What is the take on triple G being past this best, IE he has peaked some time in the past...

Any merit to that or is GGG in his prime as much as Cenelo..

Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2017, 02:23:42 AM »

Every chance this might be the case. Every chance we have never seen the real best of GGG due to lack of proper stellar opposition. If there's a single defining fight for GGG and a fight to tell us everything we need to know about him and his true pedigree, it's this one.
Tappers

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2017, 02:27:00 AM »

Ok ive not posted on this forum for ages.
When I saw this thread 5 mins ago I did not read anything cos wanted to give my opinion. GGG 10th or 12th. He will walk down Canelo all fight. Anyone who cant see this is deluded.....De La Hoya cashing out...He knows its put up or shut up. If I'm wrong I will admit it tomorrow. God bless the both of them. Very hard fight.
Tappers

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2017, 02:29:53 AM »

BTW got a great stream if anyone is interested. PM only
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2017, 02:57:27 AM »

Getting Goosebumps.

This fight is going to come down to who has the best chin.

Here's hoping for the fight of the year.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: