LiveFight
October 19, 2017, 12:40:35 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Poll
Question: Outcome of the fight
Canelo stoppage
Canelo decision
GGG stoppage
GGG decision
Draw

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canelo vs GGG Poll  (Read 3332 times)
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2017, 11:42:40 AM »

No. I think that was CJ Ross.

Yep you're right...CJ Ross got struck off after that fight, so hopefully the same will happen to Bryd brain
LiveFight
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2017, 11:42:40 AM »

Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2017, 12:33:42 PM »

Robert Byrds wife... adelaide.

The numpty that stopped Mcrgregor.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
unknown
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2017, 12:34:38 PM »

I found the perfect way to deal with that judge that gave it 118 - 110 canelo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZx8JYXLuJI

has some thing to do with putting her in that.... maybe have to switch off the cameras.....
tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2017, 01:17:26 PM »

I know punch stats don't necessarily give the whole picture but looking at them there wasn't anything other than the 8th and 9th round for GGG where there was massive daylight between punches landed.

With a pro Canelo crowd and perhaps the more eye catching punches landed coming from him at times in the uppercuts and a few body shots which I felt the commentators seem to ignore on both sides, it can perhaps be justified where Canelo stole some rounds which many of us thought he lost. Need to rewatch the fight to pick them out though.
big al

« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2017, 04:15:35 PM »

Turned off the sound and scored it round by round and had canelo winning by 2 rounds. I actually had canelo 4 rounds to 2 up through the 1st 6 rounds. I just thought the much cleaner work was coming from canelo I feel ggg was throwing a lot and coming forward more but he was missing an awful lot. How ggg took them shots I will never know he just seems to stop punches with his face rather than slip them! Il admit it was a close hard fight to try and score and can understand how people could give it either way but for me canelo won 7-5
LiveFight
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2017, 04:15:35 PM »

mattbaker1510

« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2017, 05:08:31 PM »

Given how Canelo came out for the last round I don't think he thought he was winning.  He was going for the ko
Tappers

« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2017, 06:03:24 PM »

What a disgrace
GGG did what I said.....ok he did not stop Canelo but put pressure on all the time.
That's the last time I'm interested in a Golden boy Oscar de la Hoya promotion. WBC godson decision.
GGG won by 6 or 7 rounds
This was supposed to be the proper fight after the shit a few weeks ago but what a load of shit. They should all be embarrassed about what happened.#
How are we gonna get new young fans interested in this wonderful sport when you get results like this.......SAD
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2017, 06:59:48 PM »

No doubt about the winner. Difficult one to score some of the rounds because Canelo was landing clean even when he was on the back foot. He was backpeddling for a reason though. All the while he was 'trying' to out box GGG in that second half, landing the flashier cleaner shots it wasn't working because he was still being tagged himself and couldn't really deal with the insane pressure and work rate Golovkin put on him. Canelo just wasn't consistent enough in most of the rounds. He would land big then go into his shell.

You could arguably give it to GGG by 6 rounds....at worst by 2/3. Either way Golovkin was the clear winner for me. And it's how most professional fighters saw it too. Those in attendance and those watching it on the box.

Never mind Tim.  Grin
Getting tired of educating you clowns. Be nice to be wrong for a change.

Unlikely though. The I told you so line has been loaded and ready to fire. Prepare your excuses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfGDrJpy73U
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2017, 08:03:13 PM »

Watched it again with the sound off and still scored it the same. Even looking for rounds that could be given to Canelo. It was competitive but that doesn't mean close. GGG clear winner.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2017, 09:08:19 PM »

Watched it again with the sound off and still scored it the same. Even looking for rounds that could be given to Canelo. It was competitive but that doesn't mean close. GGG clear winner.

Completely agree. I think people now are searching for a reason to not claim this as a robbery.
Look at it the other way, how many people could call that a win for canelo... certainly not 50/50.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2017, 09:23:13 PM »

No doubt about the winner. Difficult one to score some of the rounds because Canelo was landing clean even when he was on the back foot. He was backpeddling for a reason though. All the while he was 'trying' to out box GGG in that second half, landing the flashier cleaner shots it wasn't working because he was still being tagged himself and couldn't really deal with the insane pressure and work rate Golovkin put on him. Canelo just wasn't consistent enough in most of the rounds. He would land big then go into his shell.

You could arguably give it to GGG by 6 rounds....at worst by 2/3. Either way Golovkin was the clear winner for me. And it's how most professional fighters saw it too. Those in attendance and those watching it on the box.

Never mind Tim.  Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfGDrJpy73U

Who gives a ahi what Kevin Kelley thinks...that lil dwarf couldn't see shit without a booster seat.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2017, 09:35:08 PM »

Who gives a ahi what Kevin Kelley thinks...that lil dwarf couldn't see shit without a booster seat.

Teddy atlas' reaction is ace. He nearly has a heart attack he ferscsonoissed off.😀
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2017, 09:43:27 PM »

Teddy atlas' reaction is ace. He nearly has a heart attack he ferscsonoissed off.😀

Joking aside everyone who doesn't score boxing matches would give that fight to Golovkin because he was on the front foot but when you score that fight based on shots landed then a draw or couple points either way were very possible outcomes.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2017, 09:47:23 PM »

Joking aside everyone who doesn't score boxing matches would give that fight to Golovkin because he was on the front foot but when you score that fight based on shots landed then a draw or couple points either way were very possible outcomes.

Scoring by Rd it was closer than it looked on the night. That said I've watched it twice and can't give canelo 6 rds when I'm trying to.
Close fight, and a top draw fight too. Shame we're talking about the judges.
Daft thing is it wouldn't have been anything like this issue has that card been closer.
Oh well, I liked the fight,
liamo

« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2017, 02:24:03 AM »

Byrd should be shot with balls of her own shit and never be let judge a fight a again.

Moving on-

Going forward decisions like this have to stop for the sake and integrity of the sport but how??

I know a fight can look different from different angles; punches looking like they landed but didn't and vice versa and so on and so forth so I think they should be made wear head cams and then be interviewed post fight and explain why they gave the red corner this round for these reasons because this is what  they saw.

Another idea but maybe a bit out there:

There is a pool of say 1k that register their interest to judge bouts. Now to make sure u just haven't got fan boys jumping on the big fight bandwagon to judge a fight like last night, they have to be committed to judging 100 non title bouts over a 6 month period.

After this period they select from the original number the best 500 judges, based on their ability to communitively select the correct winner.

And  they call on these people to judge bigger fights and randomly pick 30 score cards out, average them out and that's how we decide a winner on points; not some clearly blind dope that has a face you'd love to 🥊🥊🥊🥊

Could work but probably will never happen as vegas won't be able to keep their cash cows as easily as they'd like!
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: