LiveFight
October 24, 2017, 07:51:03 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Poll
Question: Outcome of the fight
Canelo stoppage
Canelo decision
GGG stoppage
GGG decision
Draw

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canelo vs GGG Poll  (Read 3454 times)
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2017, 07:31:43 AM »

I watched it back yesterday and after four rounds its 2-2 for me. Its at that point GGG really ups the pace and Canelo can't match it for a full three mins a round I had him then winning four in a row taking my score to 6-2 going into the last four. I have one clear Canelo round there after and even giving him two rounds take my scoring to 8-4 GGG.

I picked Canelo before hand however GGG won the fight he clearly wins, at times his boxing is brilliant his tactics spot on and his movement fantastic he cuts the ring down so well and forces Canelo to work at all times. The sad thing here is its a terrific fight yet we are spending most of the time talking about the scoring rather than the quality of boxing on show.

A Slice of Life
LiveFight
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2017, 07:31:43 AM »

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2017, 08:20:30 AM »

Byrd should be shot with balls of her own shit and never be let judge a fight a again.

Moving on-

Going forward decisions like this have to stop for the sake and integrity of the sport but how??

I know a fight can look different from different angles; punches looking like they landed but didn't and vice versa and so on and so forth so I think they should be made wear head cams and then be interviewed post fight and explain why they gave the red corner this round for these reasons because this is what  they saw.

Another idea but maybe a bit out there:

There is a pool of say 1k that register their interest to judge bouts. Now to make sure u just haven't got fan boys jumping on the big fight bandwagon to judge a fight like last night, they have to be committed to judging 100 non title bouts over a 6 month period.

After this period they select from the original number the best 500 judges, based on their ability to communitively select the correct winner.

And  they call on these people to judge bigger fights and randomly pick 30 score cards out, average them out and that's how we decide a winner on points; not some clearly blind dope that has a face you'd love to 🥊🥊🥊🥊

Could work but probably will never happen as vegas won't be able to keep their cash cows as easily as they'd like!

I read somewhere this morning she has been stood down
TC

« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2017, 09:14:04 AM »

I feel like GGG has been in second gear for the last couple of years. This is the first fight he's had in ages that will genuinely motivate him and I'm confident he'll outclass Alvarez. I can see it actually being quite cagey fight as I think GGG will respect Canelo's power, but he'll wear ginger bollocks out later in the fight and run out a comfortable winner on everyone's cards apart from the judges.

Pretty much called it!

Canelo did much better than I expected in fairness and I was impressed by how much he made Golovkin miss. If he'd just worked a little bit more in some of the rounds I could legimately have seen him as the winner. As it was I had GG by two rounds, but Canelo lost a couple of rounds by needlessly showboating when he hadn't really earned the right to, taking a breather and allowing GGG to nick them.

This is one of those fights that's really tricky to score. I can see why people liked Canelo landing with cleaner punches and don't have a massive problem a close verdict in his favour. Coming forward on its own isn't enough but GGG did have a fair bit of success and actually hurt Canelo a couple of times I thought.

One thought on the Adelaide Byrd card for those crying corruption. If you're on the take and know you've got to score a close fight one way, why would you score it so wide? You'd give GGG a few more rounds to avoid this kind of criticism. I'm certain this ludicrous scorecard is a result of ineptitude. Ignorant, arrogant ineptitude.

Going forward, let's have five judges in title fights, three around the right and two watching on closed circuit TV, and ignore the two widest scores. Also, allow the scores to have a greater grading based on the dominance of how each round is won (although that wouldn't have helped in this case as the rounds were pretty close).

"Me: We"
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2017, 11:37:23 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-4894330/Gennady-Golovkin-Canelo-Alvarez-judge-disciplined.html

If you scroll down each judges score card is in the article.

A Slice of Life
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2017, 10:48:13 PM »

Scoring by Rd it was closer than it looked on the night. That said I've watched it twice and can't give canelo 6 rds when I'm trying to.
Close fight, and a top draw fight too. Shame we're talking about the judges.
Daft thing is it wouldn't have been anything like this issue has that card been closer.
Oh well, I liked the fight,

The rematch has to happen imo. No issues with them both having a fight each before hand but this time next year we need part two.
LiveFight
« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2017, 10:48:13 PM »

Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2017, 06:25:27 PM »

Who gives a ahi what Kevin Kelley thinks...that lil dwarf couldn't see shit without a booster seat.
Grin
I value Kevin Kelley's UNBIASED opinion (exworld champ) way more than yours amigo.

DANIEL JACOBS, GGG's arch rival even had it for Golovkin!

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2017, 07:25:19 PM »

Grin
I value Kevin Kelley's UNBIASED opinion (exworld champ) way more than yours amigo.

DANIEL JACOBS, GGG's arch rival even had it for Golovkin!

Do you even have an opinion.

I heard Golovkins mum had Canelo winning.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2017, 07:54:29 PM »

The rematch has to happen imo. No issues with them both having a fight each before hand but this time next year we need part two.

Apparently Canelo camp (not necessarily Canelo himself though) are "non-committal" when it comes to a rematch...
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2017, 08:04:19 PM »

Apparently Canelo camp (not necessarily Canelo himself though) are "non-committal" when it comes to a rematch...

Not much left for either of them at middleweight.
Vlad The Impaler
V.I.P

« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2017, 08:08:22 PM »

Hard to see the rematch happening in May, get the feeling they'll want it same time next September and hope GGG has finally aged by then  Roll Eyes
Tuco
Executive Member

« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2017, 01:56:00 PM »

Do you even have an opinion.

I heard Golovkins mum had Canelo winning.

I've given my opinion. I don't need to obsessively go on and on like some people hey. You've been completely wrong on this, you're clutching onto tiny straws and massive excuses. I value the opinions of non biased professionals. It's called perspective.

I doubt Canelo even wants a rematch after this. Took him years to pluck up the courage to make the first fight. Maybe he'll do the mayweather thing and wait until GGG gets old. A couple of years should do it.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2017, 02:27:25 PM »

I've given my opinion. I don't need to obsessively go on and on like some people hey. You've been completely wrong on this, you're clutching onto tiny straws and massive excuses. I value the opinions of non biased professionals. It's called perspective.

I doubt Canelo even wants a rematch after this. Took him years to pluck up the courage to make the first fight. Maybe he'll do the mayweather thing and wait until GGG gets old. A couple of years should do it.

Hardly, I picked the under dog to win and he got a draw....however you just made the same prediction as every casual going(the favourite will win) and you were also wrong.
Tuco
Executive Member

« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2017, 02:37:16 PM »

Hardly, I picked the under dog to win and he got a draw....however you just made the same prediction as every casual going(the favourite will win) and you were also wrong.
Clear winner and most professionals, even those wanting Canelo to win agreed he lost the fight.
Only a moron, hater or casual would have this a draw. Take your pick.

Have you any more excuses for your fighter turning into a rabbit losing?
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2017, 08:02:03 PM »

Does not surprise me in the slightest.....I don't think they'll want it. Certainly not anytime soon!
They waited a couple years to let GGG age and only took the fight after he looked human against Jacobs, but he showed their was some life left in the old dog.....so now I anticipate Alvarez just swerve Golovkin again for as long as possible.

Any fighter who truly believed they'd won as Alvarez claimed afterwards would be desperate for a rematch ASAP....but truth be told Alvarez was found wanting and he didn't like the pressure that Golovkin put him under. Alvarez got away with a draw in a fight he should have been handed another loss, and to be honest I think in an immediate rematch there is more scope for improvement for Golovkin.

Alvarez landed some big punches and boxed as well as his dodgy stamina allowed him too. He won't fight any better than that. He was in serious shape, but he just has fundamental and I think inherent stamina issues. He NEEDS to take breathers and against opposition he can hurt, then he can get away with that no problem because they daren't pressure him too hard for fear of the counters. But against an opponent he can't deter it became a struggle. I don't really see many areas where Alvarez can ramp up his performance, but Golovkin on the other hand could have gone to the body more and could have exploited Alvarez signature defensive move much more than he did. You time that right you can walk Alvarez right onto a sweeping right hand.....and Golovkin despite being a bomber, is an astute technical fighter and I think he'll have learned a lot from the 12 rounds against Alvarez.

I've heard rumours about an Alvarez/McGregor fight and that would not shock me in the slightest. McGregor is ballsy and foolish enough to go in with Alvarez and Alvarez is snidey enough to take that fight to avoid the GGG rematch.
bigbibbs

« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2017, 08:18:02 PM »

Just watched up to round ten with the volume off and no drama tension second time around.
And to be honest I can't give canelo a clean round.

When you watch it all he has done is run, run and run. Then on occasion thrown mostly don't hit me punches.
He definitely was worried to death about getting hit and was in survival mode up to this point.
It's remarkable how having the sound off can give you another dimension
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: