LiveFight
December 18, 2017, 12:56:34 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Poll
Question: Outcome of the fight
Canelo stoppage
Canelo decision
GGG stoppage
GGG decision
Draw

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canelo vs GGG Poll  (Read 4762 times)
Laney
V.I.P
Executive Member

Eddie Hearn fanclub

« on: August 30, 2017, 06:14:05 AM »

Now that the circus is out the way, we all have this to look forward too.

Intrigued to see who everyone is going to go for.

I was always in favour of GGG by late stoppage or points, but GGG decline in his last few outings coupled with the youth and style of Canelo (and the fact he is the draw) mean I am now edging towards Canelo on points.

Entered the stadium on a bus, left looking like he'd just been hit by one.
LiveFight
« on: August 30, 2017, 06:14:05 AM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 07:11:37 AM »

Considering they're both hitters, I fancy this will be a points decision.

I'm more confident in Canelo than I was a couple of years ago. GGG doesn't seem as youthful but he still might be good enough to win.
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 09:31:36 AM »

I'm going for two scenarios in no particular order.

1) Canelo win by point's... (Judges love Canelo especially when he is being outboxed - khan/Mayweather).

2) GGG win by stoppage. (This is what i hope will be the outcome)

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 09:48:40 AM »

Canelo hits like a truck ad Golovkin blocks with his face. Only one outcome. Should have stuck to fighting European level.
legs

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 09:50:56 AM »

i'm in agreement with all of you on this.

I think Canelo might be getting GGG at a good time if it goes to points i'm pretty sure he is going to get the decision regardless.

I hope GGG wins this fight I was very confident 18 months ago but now i'm not so confident its great for boxing as it is a 50/50 fight and it is the number 1 & 2 middleweights fighting each other.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 09:50:56 AM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 10:13:10 AM »

Canelo hits like a truck ad Golovkin blocks with his face. Only one outcome. Should have stuck to fighting European level.

Can currently get 10/1 on a Canelo KO/TKO on Sky Bet (9/1 with the DQ also).
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 10:21:48 AM »

Can currently get 10/1 on a Canelo KO/TKO on Sky Bet (9/1 with the DQ also).

I seen the same at 8/1 on Ladbrokes....pretty surprised with those odds. Think Canelo will find his range and then throw some real leather once he notices how easy Golovkin is to hit.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 10:29:20 AM »

I seen the same at 8/1 on Ladbrokes....pretty surprised with those odds. Think Canelo will find his range and then throw some real leather once he notices how easy Golovkin is to hit.

It does make me interested at that price.  I know that there was the precedent with Andrade when Froch fought Bute but the same price was being offered there and Canelo has always looked solid enough to be able to afford to go looking for GGG.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 10:35:41 AM »

It does make me interested at that price.  I know that there was the precedent with Andrade when Froch fought Bute but the same price was being offered there and Canelo has always looked solid enough to be able to afford to go looking for GGG.

Only thing that put me of is the Lemieux fight where Golovkin looked pretty elusive. Maybe he does have a second gear when it comes to the harder hitters. If he's half as open as he was v Brook he'll lose his head.
Laney
V.I.P
Executive Member

Eddie Hearn fanclub

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 10:53:24 AM »

I think im going to back the Canelo win at 6/4 and then have circa 20% of the stake on at the 9/1 price too...

Just cant get away from the feeling that Canelo is taking this on his terms when its right for him.

And just cant see GGG getting the decision if it goes that far.

Entered the stadium on a bus, left looking like he'd just been hit by one.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2017, 10:53:59 AM »

He was certainly much more circumspect against Lemieux, although I'd say Canelo is a much more nuanced fighter coming forward.
TC

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 01:55:41 PM »

I feel like GGG has been in second gear for the last couple of years. This is the first fight he's had in ages that will genuinely motivate him and I'm confident he'll outclass Alvarez. I can see it actually being quite cagey fight as I think GGG will respect Canelo's power, but he'll wear ginger bollocks out later in the fight and run out a comfortable winner on everyone's cards apart from the judges.

"Me: We"
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2017, 03:03:35 PM »

Now that the circus is out the way, we all have this to look forward too.

Intrigued to see who everyone is going to go for.

I was always in favour of GGG by late stoppage or points, but GGG decline in his last few outings coupled with the youth and style of Canelo (and the fact he is the draw) mean I am now edging towards Canelo on points.

Great post and poll Laney...honest truth is I haven't made my mind up yet, but will poll and give my thoughts before the fight, that's for sure!!!
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2017, 05:14:45 PM »

GGG is there for the taking and I believe Canelo will stop him late on. I believe Canelo will force the pace will find angles and will also find GGG very easy to hit. Canelo has really filled out into the weight. The only way I see a GGG win is if Canelo gets careless on the way in and walks onto a massive shot.

A Slice of Life
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2017, 05:56:29 PM »

Close fight with GGG getting the decision thanks to a couple of knock downs.
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: