LiveFight
October 23, 2017, 03:09:54 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Poll
Question: Outcome of the fight
Canelo stoppage
Canelo decision
GGG stoppage
GGG decision
Draw

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canelo vs GGG Poll  (Read 3438 times)
unknown
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2017, 08:22:04 PM »

https://youtu.be/HFe293-Qsm0
LiveFight
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2017, 08:22:04 PM »

jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2017, 08:56:54 PM »

Does not surprise me in the slightest.....I don't think they'll want it. Certainly not anytime soon!
They waited a couple years to let GGG age and only took the fight after he looked human against Jacobs, but he showed their was some life left in the old dog.....so now I anticipate Alvarez just swerve Golovkin again for as long as possible.

Any fighter who truly believed they'd won as Alvarez claimed afterwards would be desperate for a rematch ASAP....but truth be told Alvarez was found wanting and he didn't like the pressure that Golovkin put him under. Alvarez got away with a draw in a fight he should have been handed another loss, and to be honest I think in an immediate rematch there is more scope for improvement for Golovkin.

Alvarez landed some big punches and boxed as well as his dodgy stamina allowed him too. He won't fight any better than that. He was in serious shape, but he just has fundamental and I think inherent stamina issues. He NEEDS to take breathers and against opposition he can hurt, then he can get away with that no problem because they daren't pressure him too hard for fear of the counters. But against an opponent he can't deter it became a struggle. I don't really see many areas where Alvarez can ramp up his performance, but Golovkin on the other hand could have gone to the body more and could have exploited Alvarez signature defensive move much more than he did. You time that right you can walk Alvarez right onto a sweeping right hand.....and Golovkin despite being a bomber, is an astute technical fighter and I think he'll have learned a lot from the 12 rounds against Alvarez.

I've heard rumours about an Alvarez/McGregor fight and that would not shock me in the slightest. McGregor is ballsy and foolish enough to go in with Alvarez and Alvarez is snidey enough to take that fight to avoid the GGG rematch.

great post.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2017, 10:50:52 PM »

Clear winner and most professionals, even those wanting Canelo to win agreed he lost the fight.
Only a moron, hater or casual would have this a draw. Take your pick.

Have you any more excuses for your fighter turning into a rabbit losing?

He didn't win, you ggg fan Bois are a common breed....moaning about one judge when the other two had it a draw and GGG by two points. Don't tell me Canelo paid off the other two judges but they didn't score him the fight....bravo....stupid award goes to.....you.

A draw was a fair result for all but bitter Golovkin fans.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2017, 07:40:34 AM »

I'm not sure that I've seen Don Trella's card mentioned on here.  Whilst he scored the draw, he gave the seventh to Canelo which was clearly a GGG round.  If he'd scored that correctly it would have been a 115-113 card and GGG would have won a majority decision.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2017, 07:56:21 AM »

I'm not sure that I've seen Don Trella's card mentioned on here.  Whilst he scored the draw, he gave the seventh to Canelo which was clearly a GGG round.  If he'd scored that correctly it would have been a 115-113 card and GGG would have won a majority decision.

Trella's a corrupt f*cker too.

We saw Byrd under instruction to find it for Alvarez.....but she went overboard probably thinking that Golovkin would sweep the championship rounds and so tighten it up near the end giving Alvarez a 2-3 point win on her card.

Then Trella was supposed to find the draw....but his scoring of the 7th to Alvarez was absurd and flags him.

One card for Alvarez, one for the draw and Alvarez's record is safe. He can't lose......then depending on how the actual fight goes, the 3rd judges card is either redundant or it confirms a win for Alvarez.....I believe only the 3rd judge was scoring the fight with no interference or corruption at play.

Byrd and Trella were in the bag. Golovkin had to KO Alvarez to get the win.
LiveFight
« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2017, 07:56:21 AM »

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2017, 07:59:05 AM »

Trella's a corrupt f*cker too.

We saw Byrd under instruction to find it for Alvarez.....but she went overboard probably thinking that Golovkin would sweep the championship rounds and so tighten it up near the end giving Alvarez a 2-3 point win on her card.

Then Trella was supposed to find the draw....but his scoring of the 7th to Alvarez was absurd and flags him.

One card for Alvarez, one for the draw and Alvarez's record is safe. He can't lose......then depending on how the actual fight goes, the 3rd judges card is either redundant or it confirms a win for Alvarez.....I believe only the 3rd judge was scoring the fight with no interference or corruption at play.

Byrd and Trella were in the bag. Golovkin had to KO Alvarez to get the win.

Grin Grin Grin yes you pay of the judges to score you a draw  Grin Grin Grin marvellous tactic. Was the third judge also paid off by Canelo to score it to GGG?
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2017, 09:59:32 AM »

Prior to the fight I thought GGG would be exposed because of the quality of his opponents was questionable and his performance against Brook and Jacobs. I also factored in his age and how fluid Canelo has looked. I called it wrongly GGG is a far better boxer than I gave him credit for. I was really impressed with his ring work and ability to keep moving Canelo.

The only thing GGG got wrong was not committing to really putting it on Canelo sitting down on his shots when he was backed up to the ropes by round 8 I don't think Canelo had the ability to stop GGG and he should have went for the knockout. It was a clear or should have been a clear majority win for GGG. Instead we are talking about judging rather than the terrific boxing spectacle we all witnessed.

A Slice of Life
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2017, 12:11:25 PM »

Grin Grin Grin yes you pay of the judges to score you a draw  Grin Grin Grin marvellous tactic. Was the third judge also paid off by Canelo to score it to GGG?

Tim it was no surprise prior to the fight that GGG would have to win by way of KO or TKO. He was never going to win on the scorecards as we have seen evidence of this in previous Canelo fights.

It is a similar situation now with Canelo as what it was many years ago with Julio Cesar Chavez - everyone knew you was never going to get the decision.

A bit like Swen Ottke in Germany.

This result was no surprise - and I think Canelo fought in a way that he had never fought before... to survive the 12 rounds.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2017, 04:35:47 PM »

Tim it was no surprise prior to the fight that GGG would have to win by way of KO or TKO. He was never going to win on the scorecards as we have seen evidence of this in previous Canelo fights.

It is a similar situation now with Canelo as what it was many years ago with Julio Cesar Chavez - everyone knew you was never going to get the decision.

A bit like Swen Ottke in Germany.

This result was no surprise - and I think Canelo fought in a way that he had never fought before... to survive the 12 rounds.

i agree with everyone that one judge handed it a totally corrupt scorecard and was probably paid off, however anyone that suggest the other two judges were also paid off is an idiot. Why the hell would you pay a judge to score it a draw or even worse give the fight to your opponent.

It was a close fight that I had GGG edging but hardly a robbery.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2017, 06:15:00 PM »

i agree with everyone that one judge handed it a totally corrupt scorecard and was probably paid off, however anyone that suggest the other two judges were also paid off is an idiot. Why the hell would you pay a judge to score it a draw or even worse give the fight to your opponent.

It was a close fight that I had GGG edging but hardly a robbery.

Trella's scoring of the 7th reeked of corruption.

If you got a win on one card and draw on another....you can't lose.
And preserving Alvarez's status as linear and Ring champ was the main priority for GB. I'm not one for conspiracy theories on judges generally, I think many are just sh*t at the job. But Byrd's card was outrageous and Trella's scoring of the 7th was highly suspect.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2017, 07:49:26 PM »

Trella's scoring of the 7th reeked of corruption.

If you got a win on one card and draw on another....you can't lose.
And preserving Alvarez's status as linear and Ring champ was the main priority for GB. I'm not one for conspiracy theories on judges generally, I think many are just sh*t at the job. But Byrd's card was outrageous and Trella's scoring of the 7th was highly suspect.

No logic. Why give the 7th intentionally wrong. The first 4 rounds were easy to award to Canelo and any judge paid off would have done so with little criticism.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2017, 08:32:10 PM »

No logic. Why give the 7th intentionally wrong. The first 4 rounds were easy to award to Canelo and any judge paid off would have done so with little criticism.

Since I'm not a corrupt judge so I don't have all the answers as to the exact plan and plot....but I'm certain the judging on that fight was not on the level. Byrd's card was demented and Trella's scoring of the 7th equally as mad.

Whats your theory on the 7th round then.....Perhaps Trella nipped for a p*ss and asked Byrd to take over his card for a few minutes?
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2017, 08:47:57 PM »

Since I'm not a corrupt judge so I don't have all the answers as to the exact plan and plot....but I'm certain the judging on that fight was not on the level. Byrd's card was demented and Trella's scoring of the 7th equally as mad.

Whats your theory on the 7th round then.....Perhaps Trella nipped for a p*ss and asked Byrd to take over his card for a few minutes?

So your claiming a judge to be corrupt but then you dont have all the answers because you're not a corrupt judge.

I haven't watched the fight back and am in no rush to do so, it was close and so were the two scorecards...hopefully we get a rematch within the year.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2017, 07:57:20 AM »

So your claiming a judge to be corrupt but then you dont have all the answers because you're not a corrupt judge.

I haven't watched the fight back and am in no rush to do so, it was close and so were the two scorecards...hopefully we get a rematch within the year.

Since I'm not a corrupt judge on Oscar's payroll....obviously I don't have all the answers on how exactly they go about screwing fighters like GGG over to protect their ginger goose. But it was clear as day looking at the scoring that something stinks. I've watched the fight back 3 times, Alvarez had some impressive bursts but then did an awful lot of f*ck all. It was 'competitive' but it wasn't close. It was an 8-4 type of fight and the judges cards were ridiculous to the point of being highly suspect.

In polls on various websites its currently about 85% that Golovkin was ripped off, 10% for a draw and 5% for Alvarez....if the boot was on the other foot Oscar would be going mental.

Why should we have a rematch within a year? It could and should happen far sooner than that.....but of course Oscar and the ginger goose are currently in the process of trying to hamstring Golovkin and keep him inactive until next May.
legs

« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2017, 09:48:46 AM »

I must admit the first thing I looked at on the scorecards was the 7th round as that was clearly GGG best round.

I was shocked to see Byrd had given it GGG to be honest.

I think the fight was very close 115-113 seems right to me so can't really argue with the drawn card if Byrd had scored it 115-113 to Canelo most people would go fair enough etc the fact she scored it 10-2 to Canelo is very very suspect.

I hope we get to see a rematch as they are clearly numbers one & two in the middleweight division.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: