LiveFight
December 16, 2017, 01:41:09 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Margarito: Rivalry with Cotto isn't over  (Read 1157 times)
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« on: September 02, 2017, 02:02:48 PM »

http://fightnews.com/margarito-rivalry-cotto-isnt/4051

Margarito: Rivalry with Cotto isn't over

At Friday’s weigh-in in Chihuahua, Mexico, the “Tijuana Tornado” Antonio Margarito again stated that his goal is a rubber match with WBO jr middleweight world champion and archrival Miguel Cotto.

Antonio Margarito: “I reiterate: I will win Saturday. It will be a great fight and then I’ll force Miguel Cotto to retire in December. That rivalry isn’t over. He hits like a girl and knows that he was helped in the second fight, but right now my focus is Jones.”

LiveFight
« on: September 02, 2017, 02:02:48 PM »

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 02:04:37 PM »

http://fightnews.com/margarito-seeks-3rd-fight-cotto/3979

AUGUST 31, 2017

Margarito seeks 3rd fight with Cotto

Thursday in Chihuahua, Mexico, the “Tijuana Tornado” Antonio Margarito (40-8-0, 27 KOs) and Carson Jones (40-11-3, 30 KOs) faced off in advance of their clash on Saturday night. The 39-year-old Margarito is aiming at a rubber match with archival Miguel Cotto, who just reclaimed the vacant WBO jr middleweight world title last Saturday. Cotto stated he will retire at the end of the year after one more big fight in December. Margarito wants that fight.

Photo: Zanfer
Antonio Margarito: “I’m at my best level in years and in condition to fight ten strong rounds. This fight is important for my plan to again become world champion. I want to fight Miguel Cotto in a third and final fight and Jones will not stop me.

“We are going to win in a clear way. The fans are going to see the best version of Margarito and we are going to give you a great fight…I had a great preparation without any problems. I feel like I’m at my best. Power, speed and rhythm are like when I was world champion. I hope Jones comes to fight and not to run, and the fans will see a great fight that I’ll win overwhelmingly.”

Carson Jones: “I’m a better boxer, more speed, better rhythm and youth compared to Margarito. I not only come to win, I come to get into the world rankings and to retire an icon of Mexican boxing.”

Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 03:58:08 PM »

Must admit if Margarito has come back to a sufficient level to make this in any way a credible fight, then I would love it as Cotto's finale if he were to get the win. Margarito is a horrible bastard though so I'd be 100% behind Cotto if the fight were to happen.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 06:23:24 PM »

Must admit if Margarito has come back to a sufficient level to make this in any way a credible fight, then I would love it as Cotto's finale if he were to get the win. Margarito is a horrible bastard though so I'd be 100% behind Cotto if the fight were to happen.

Yeah but on the other hand I would hate to see Cotto lose to the cheating bastard!
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 06:54:17 PM »

Feeling guilty about winning a bet isn't a things that happens other than the time I won a load on the Margarito KO in their first fight.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 06:54:17 PM »

dmp
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 08:06:19 PM »

cotto should not give the bastard a chance to earn money,thats all the bastard is after
he knows itll be a good payday 
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 08:09:13 PM »

Hope they fight.
Cotto fucks him up based on the last few years.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 08:49:26 PM »

Cotto is minted, should completely ignore it.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 09:55:02 AM »

Jones beat Margarito last night

A Slice of Life
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 04:50:04 PM »

Jones beat Margarito last night

Good...Margascumbag
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2017, 05:03:34 PM »

Margarito got the technical decision didn't he? Think he was just ahead on the scorecards after the fight was stopped in round 7..

Or has the decision been reversed since?
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 05:05:37 PM »

Yeah, it was a Margarito TD.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2017, 08:42:11 AM »

Margarito got the technical decision didn't he? Think he was just ahead on the scorecards after the fight was stopped in round 7..

He was ahead but dead on his feet when the fight was stopped from what I've been reading. In typical Margarito fashion he was shopping lots of shots.

Team Groves
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2017, 08:46:38 AM »

Seen the last few minutes of the fight, wouldn't say he was dead on his feet but was definitely eating shots for fun in true Margarito style. Looked dire as well. Not seen enough of the fight to know whether he was really up on points at the time it was called, and bailing out of the fight when he did probably suggests he knew he didn't have much more left in the tank.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2017, 04:28:46 PM »

Did he for what reason? I had a foreign stream and simply thought Margarito had been stopped due to the eye.

A Slice of Life
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: