LiveFight
November 20, 2017, 07:01:13 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AJ V PULUEV - POTENTIAL BANANA SKIN OR EASY NIGHT  (Read 4001 times)
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2017, 08:25:53 AM »

Nothing to do with his attitude, he currently has the attributes to run the division based on the current crop(not that itís a bad division)

Iím pointing out that the concerns over his muscle mass and the impact it has on him during a fight should not necessarily be addressed when itís 1. Working for him and 2. Unlikely going to prevent him from cleaning house.

No Tim, you're wrong mate. Why be less than he can be? What you're basically saying is he doesn't need to give 100% because in your opinion its just not needed for him to dominate.

But that'd be a terrible attitude for a fighter to have (though its one that many do have) but Joshua thankfully seems to be focused on improving as indeed he should be.

He's unbeaten but we've seen him looked vulnerable thanks in large part to lugging unnecessary mass around. He'd be a fool not to heed the warning signs, thankfully it seems he apparently has. The aim of every fighter 'should' be to maximise themselves. To become the best version of themselves they can be. Joshua was carrying excess muscle and it wasn't helpful. He'll be better for shedding it and that's a good thing for him.
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2017, 08:25:53 AM »

Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2017, 05:13:36 PM »

Biggest single problem with Cŗllum is he has a record of pulling out for no particular reason! If he shows up it's got potential but don't hold yer breath!

It gives me no comfort at all to say I told you so!  Johnson just pulled out yet again!  Massive local interest in this fight, he's sold tickets himself and loads of pubs are showing it in support of him.  The bloke's become worse than a joke for a boxer.  Health/injury problems is all he's specified.  Same old, same old for Callum I'm afraid.  Seriously do not know why he doesn't just throw the towel in altogether.   Angry
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2017, 06:51:17 PM »

It gives me no comfort at all to say I told you so!  Johnson just pulled out yet again!  Massive local interest in this fight, he's sold tickets himself and loads of pubs are showing it in support of him.  The bloke's become worse than a joke for a boxer.  Health/injury problems is all he's specified.  Same old, same old for Callum I'm afraid.  Seriously do not know why he doesn't just throw the towel in altogether.   Angry

Years ago you were bangin on about this kid what's wrong with him ? Same
Lifestyle as me out the ring ?
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2017, 07:22:55 PM »

No Tim, you're wrong mate. Why be less than he can be? What you're basically saying is he doesn't need to give 100% because in your opinion its just not needed for him to dominate.

But that'd be a terrible attitude for a fighter to have (though its one that many do have) but Joshua thankfully seems to be focused on improving as indeed he should be.

He's unbeaten but we've seen him looked vulnerable thanks in large part to lugging unnecessary mass around. He'd be a fool not to heed the warning signs, thankfully it seems he apparently has. The aim of every fighter 'should' be to maximise themselves. To become the best version of themselves they can be. Joshua was carrying excess muscle and it wasn't helpful. He'll be better for shedding it and that's a good thing for him.

Youíre just assuming the mass drop will improve him but really that idea is based on hypotheticals. Fact is whatever heís doing at this moment in time works and looking at the current heavyweights I see no reason as to why AJ should consider improving his endurance at the risk of potentially damaging whatís working.

Either way heís a heavyweight and therefore could find himself on the end of a loss regardless of what he weight in at so thereís genuinely nothing to say if this will be better for his career or worse.
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2017, 06:41:30 AM »

Years ago you were bangin on about this kid what's wrong with him ? Same
Lifestyle as me out the ring ?

It's a job to make anything of it mate but I have pretty much concluded that the bloke just doesn't have the minerals. Pulls out more often than he fights
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2017, 06:41:30 AM »

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2017, 08:00:38 AM »

Youíre just assuming the mass drop will improve him but really that idea is based on hypotheticals. Fact is whatever heís doing at this moment in time works and looking at the current heavyweights I see no reason as to why AJ should consider improving his endurance at the risk of potentially damaging whatís working.

Either way heís a heavyweight and therefore could find himself on the end of a loss regardless of what he weight in at so thereís genuinely nothing to say if this will be better for his career or worse.

Look mate....It's not an assumption. I'ts fact based, and in all fairness I'm a health professional so I'm coming at this from both a boxing and a scientific point of view. More muscle requires more oxygen so as a boxer you want the most bang for buck. So as strong as possible whilst being as lean as possible. 'Excess' muscle mass is not required and is scientifically a hindrance to a boxer. We know this from a scientific point of view and we've also seen it proven over the years from the boxing point of view.

What Joshua has been doing has worked in that he's beaten everyone thus far. But he's overly developed muscularly. And that will have an impact on his endurance, fluidity and speed. So of course he'll be a better fighter if he loses a little of that unnecessary bulk. He's a naturally big man, he's always going to have KO power in his fists, he simply doesn't need all that muscle as a 'boxer' which is obviously what he is first and foremost.

You say that you "don't see any reason why he should consider improving his endurance at the risk of potentially damaging whats working" .....But nobody is talking about damaging what works. This is about improving him as a force, not lessening him.

Maybe explain why you think Joshua losing some unnecessary muscle mass would damage what works for him? How so?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 08:13:43 AM by lurkyshaka » Logged
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2017, 08:20:40 AM »

It's a job to make anything of it mate but I have pretty much concluded that the bloke just doesn't have the minerals. Pulls out more often than he fights

I read that heís suffering with mental health issues. Needs to get help if true.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2017, 11:45:25 AM »

Look mate....It's not an assumption. I'ts fact based, and in all fairness I'm a health professional so I'm coming at this from both a boxing and a scientific point of view. More muscle requires more oxygen so as a boxer you want the most bang for buck. So as strong as possible whilst being as lean as possible. 'Excess' muscle mass is not required and is scientifically a hindrance to a boxer. We know this from a scientific point of view and we've also seen it proven over the years from the boxing point of view.

What Joshua has been doing has worked in that he's beaten everyone thus far. But he's overly developed muscularly. And that will have an impact on his endurance, fluidity and speed. So of course he'll be a better fighter if he loses a little of that unnecessary bulk. He's a naturally big man, he's always going to have KO power in his fists, he simply doesn't need all that muscle as a 'boxer' which is obviously what he is first and foremost.

You say that you "don't see any reason why he should consider improving his endurance at the risk of potentially damaging whats working" .....But nobody is talking about damaging what works. This is about improving him as a force, not lessening him.

Maybe explain why you think Joshua losing some unnecessary muscle mass would damage what works for him? How so?

You going off here, Iím well aware that extra muscle causes the body to work harder but thatís not the case Iím making. Iím pointing out that what AJ does right now has been tried and tested and works just fine and youíre going on asif this mass drop can only be a good thing but not understanding that it could actually work out worse.

So hereís some hypotheticals seeing as youíre assumptions are clearly not fact.

AJ looses mass and increases his stamina but with his confidence down the stretch doesnít go for the stoppage as early and yet still finds himself struggling in the later rounds.

Or perhaps with the weight loss he developes quicker feet but walks onto one.

Maybe he struggles to wear down his opponents as he now has less weight to lean on them.

Tbh if AJ gets sparked next time out Iím not going to say it was down to the mass drop as thereís no way of proving that just like thereís no way of saying the change will improve his ability in the ring.

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2017, 12:14:45 PM »

You going off here, Iím well aware that extra muscle causes the body to work harder but thatís not the case Iím making. Iím pointing out that what AJ does right now has been tried and tested and works just fine and youíre going on asif this mass drop can only be a good thing but not understanding that it could actually work out worse.

So hereís some hypotheticals seeing as youíre assumptions are clearly not fact.

AJ looses mass and increases his stamina but with his confidence down the stretch doesnít go for the stoppage as early and yet still finds himself struggling in the later rounds.

Or perhaps with the weight loss he developes quicker feet but walks onto one.

Maybe he struggles to wear down his opponents as he now has less weight to lean on them.

Tbh if AJ gets sparked next time out Iím not going to say it was down to the mass drop as thereís no way of proving that just like thereís no way of saying the change will improve his ability in the ring.

In all fairness you are just talking out of your arse matey....lol.....Have you really just tried to say that improving footspeed could be a bad thing as he might walk onto punches...I mean seriously WTF?? At times Tim I swear you're just on a wind up Grin

Shedding unnecessary muscle mass and there's the key word 'UNNECESSARY'.....would obviously make Joshua a better boxer for several quite obvious reasons that are actually just basic facts.

Joshua is a big heavyweight, he's not a small man whose had to bulk up to become a heavyweight and to add power or strength. He's a genuine big heavyweight as opposed to a built up small one like a Holyfield for example. His power, strength and killer instinct will always be there regardless of how muscular he is.

Shedding unnecessary muscle can only be a good thing for him. It'll make him an improved fighter end of.

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2017, 12:30:48 PM »

In all fairness you are just talking out of your arse matey....lol.....Have you really just tried to say that improving footspeed could be a bad thing as he might walk onto punches...I mean seriously WTF?? At times Tim I swear you're just on a wind up Grin

Shedding unnecessary muscle mass and there's the key word 'UNNECESSARY'.....would obviously make Joshua a better boxer for several quite obvious reasons that are actually just basic facts.

Joshua is a big heavyweight, he's not a small man whose had to bulk up to become a heavyweight and to add power or strength. He's a genuine big heavyweight as opposed to a built up small one like a Holyfield for example. His power, strength and killer instinct will always be there regardless of how muscular he is.

Shedding unnecessary muscle can only be a good thing for him. It'll make him an improved fighter end of.

Tbf I just get tired of reading your tripe all the time....every topic itís stand aside the oracle Lurkyburky is here. Youíre critiquing a fighter whose undefeated, unified champion with 19 wins and 19 k.oís and then claim Iím on a wind up.

What a clown.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 01:29:09 PM by Tim2366 » Logged
The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2017, 04:13:14 PM »

To be honest his physical presence and power is what has brought him to the dance in the first place, more so than any boxing skills. Losing muscle mass will no doubt give him the better engine but it comes at a risk of dampening what's worked really well so far and I think that's Tim's point. He isn't going to turn into Sugay Ray by shedding mass but he may lose strength, physicality and presence.

Like with any world level fighter I think the key is to adapt accordingly to each opponent. Takam certainly won't need any special new regime to flatten in a few short rounds.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 04:18:11 PM by The_Answer » Logged

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2017, 04:44:35 PM »

I dont see who the threat was at what he was.

I can see both sides of the argument but If it isnt broke and all that.

Perhaps he needed to run from the CSA hence the weight loss, or drug dealers
ScottMillwall
V.I.P
Executive Member

El Chocolatito

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2017, 05:58:24 PM »

I dont see who the threat was at what he was.

I can see both sides of the argument but If it isnt broke and all that.

Perhaps he needed to run from the CSA hence the weight loss, or drug dealers

Or VADA
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2017, 07:44:16 PM »

Tbf I just get tired of reading your tripe all the time....every topic itís stand aside the oracle Lurkyburky is here. Youíre critiquing a fighter whose undefeated, unified champion with 19 wins and 19 k.oís and then claim Iím on a wind up.

What a clown.

Yet you're the f*cking fool who thinks it isn't wise for a fighter to try and improve himself.

I mentioned post Klitschko that Joshua was carrying too much muscle mass and needed to streamline. That was hardly rocket science as many people felt the same.....and so it seems Rob McCracken feels the same way so I'm in decent company Cool

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2017, 09:14:40 PM »

Yet you're the f*cking fool who thinks it isn't wise for a fighter to try and improve himself.

I mentioned post Klitschko that Joshua was carrying too much muscle mass and needed to streamline. That was hardly rocket science as many people felt the same.....and so it seems Rob McCracken feels the same way so I'm in decent company Cool

Yawn
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: