LiveFight
November 24, 2017, 04:42:04 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AJ V PULUEV - POTENTIAL BANANA SKIN OR EASY NIGHT  (Read 4080 times)
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 07:11:34 PM »

Rumours doing the rounds that Pulev is injured. Whos ready for the AJ v Whyte 2 PPV?

Yip heard this as well. I have also heard it will be Chisora replacing him.

A Slice of Life
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 07:11:34 PM »

jorg21
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 08:52:27 PM »

Carlos Takam been announced as the replacement.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 08:57:25 PM »

Not the worst late notice replacement but you know this is still going to be PPV.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 09:03:25 PM »

Takam's w*nk in the big scheme of things, lost to Parker, KO'd by Povetkin, drew with Perez etc.......we all know he doesn't pose any kind of threat and is getting smashed to bits. But I suppose on late notice it is what it is, he's next in line as the mandatory. Just a body to be battered and got out of the way.

Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2017, 01:01:46 PM »

The ring walks will probably last longer than the PPV. If its still PPV I won't be buying it.

A Slice of Life
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2017, 01:01:46 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2017, 01:04:44 PM »

The ring walks will probably last longer than the PPV. If its still PPV I won't be buying it.

I only realised last night when I was watching the American cards from the weekend that the PPV for the Pulev fight was 19.95.  Presumably is will stay as was for Takam.  I know it's not American PPV bad but 20 for this card is a joke.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2017, 09:45:24 PM »

AJ will knock him out in 3-4 rounds
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2017, 09:02:16 AM »

AJ will knock him out in 3-4 rounds

Yeah agreed......Takam has to come forward to be effective, but he hasn't the speed to get at Joshua effectively. He'll ship big punishment on the way in and it'll be punishment he won't be able to absorb for very long. This will a routine win for AJ but one where he'll look particularly destructive and get to show the gulf between himself and Parker.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2017, 01:33:53 PM »

I was reading today and won't be long until we find out, AJ is supposed to be a good bit lighter for this fight. Its been mentioned on here a few times he's over muscled and needs a bit more flexibility in his movement. Like has been said this won't go past four rounds.

If its still PPV I won't be watching there is nothing saying they have scrapped the PPV.

A Slice of Life
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 11:14:25 AM »

I was reading today and won't be long until we find out, AJ is supposed to be a good bit lighter for this fight. Its been mentioned on here a few times he's over muscled and needs a bit more flexibility in his movement. Like has been said this won't go past four rounds.

If its still PPV I won't be watching there is nothing saying they have scrapped the PPV.

His weight will be interesting to see......I was critical of him post Klitschko, because that fight could have been easy if he'd been lighter and more fluid and just jumped on Klitschko who does not/cannot counter punch. As it was he was far too lumbering and slow, and fought at Klitschko'd preferred range. It was certainly entertaining and the extremely competitive nature of the fight probably did more for his profile than a one sided win would have done. But AJ's actual performance wasn't great and the ever increasing size and muscles were very worrying and needed to be addressed rapidly.

If he is lighter and sleeker, then all credit to him for taking heed of the clear warning signs there for him and acting accordingly. He'll be much better for losing some of that unnecessary bulk.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2017, 11:40:31 AM »

His weight will be interesting to see......I was critical of him post Klitschko, because that fight could have been easy if he'd been lighter and more fluid and just jumped on Klitschko who does not/cannot counter punch. As it was he was far too lumbering and slow, and fought at Klitschko'd preferred range. It was certainly entertaining and the extremely competitive nature of the fight probably did more for his profile than a one sided win would have done. But AJ's actual performance wasn't great and the ever increasing size and muscles were very worrying and needed to be addressed rapidly.

If he is lighter and sleeker, then all credit to him for taking heed of the clear warning signs there for him and acting accordingly. He'll be much better for losing some of that unnecessary bulk.

Surprised he bothered tbh, the heavyweight is hardly full of endurance fighters these days...we saw AJ having issues in the later rounds v Klitschko but the other heavyweights seem to struggle to stand past 6.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2017, 06:09:10 PM »

Surprised he bothered tbh, the heavyweight is hardly full of endurance fighters these days...we saw AJ having issues in the later rounds v Klitschko but the other heavyweights seem to struggle to stand past 6.

Bloody hell Tim....he'd not be much of a champion if he had that kind of attitude. He should strive to be the best version of himself irrespective of the state of the heavyweight division on the whole. But I actually think the division is fairly strong and certainly has the potential to get even stronger with plenty of rising talent.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2017, 06:47:04 PM »

Bloody hell Tim....he'd not be much of a champion if he had that kind of attitude. He should strive to be the best version of himself irrespective of the state of the heavyweight division on the whole. But I actually think the division is fairly strong and certainly has the potential to get even stronger with plenty of rising talent.

If wilder is his bigger threat I'd say not . It's better tha. It's be but a long long way from glory days

If it's wasn't for AJ I'm not sure anyone would watch the HW's
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2017, 08:38:39 PM »

If wilder is his bigger threat I'd say not . It's better tha. It's be but a long long way from glory days

If it's wasn't for AJ I'm not sure anyone would watch the HW's

F*ck Wilder mate.....he's just a loud mouth who doesn't actually fight anyone with a pulse.

But there is plenty of very watchable heavyweights out there....Whyte, Miller, Chisora, Parker, Jennings, Breazeale...
Then you've got the likes of Fury and Haye who could both still feature in big things.....
Then we've got plenty of rising talent with the likes of Dubois, Joyce, Hughie Fury, and that's just talking about the Brits....

There is definitely a lot of heavyweight potential floating around and Joshua will not be short of interesting opposition. Some of those mentioned will fade away and not mount to much, but others will become major players....Put it this way I think the heavyweight division is far more interesting and deeper than it has been for quite some time, certainly since the Lewis, Holy, Bowe era.....I'm optimistic about it.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2017, 11:02:06 PM »

Nothing to do with his attitude, he currently has the attributes to run the division based on the current crop(not that its a bad division)

Im pointing out that the concerns over his muscle mass and the impact it has on him during a fight should not necessarily be addressed when its 1. Working for him and 2. Unlikely going to prevent him from cleaning house.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: