LiveFight
November 18, 2017, 11:35:58 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AJ V PULUEV - POTENTIAL BANANA SKIN OR EASY NIGHT  (Read 3959 times)
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2017, 09:56:35 AM »

Dillian whyte looked poor. I always thought wobbling aj made people think of him being a lot better than he actually is

Katie Taylor may appeal to some but doesn't get my interest

Kal  yafai I don't tend to watch as you know it is likely to be a relatively dull 12 rounder. He is always going to be used to pad out cards like this

Aj looked ok to me. Not at his devasting best but takam is a very hard man. It will certainly have given some potential opponents confidence. My only concern is the stoppage and how unnecessary it was. I said after the Burnett score cards last week this country is becoming very dodgy. I'm not saying takam was going to pull off a comeback but it seemed to be more about protecting aj's 100 per cent ko record. No wonder wilder wants 7 million to fight whyte over here as he probably knows there is a chance he will get screwed
LiveFight
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2017, 09:56:35 AM »

legs

« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2017, 11:54:39 AM »

Sounds like AJ would’ve benefited from coming in a few pounds lighter to me Lurky...

It looked that way maybe he came in heavy as he was due to fight Pulev someone who was going to be the same size weight and height wise ?

Joshua won’t admit it he may have thought Takam would not put up such a fight and all fighters have off nights regardless how good they are.

Put it this way it wasn’t a card where we will be getting the DVD’s ready to watch again 😂
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2017, 12:23:12 PM »

Yeah I would say so......but please whisper that cus the topic apparently really upsets little Timmy  Wink

Bloody AJ and McCracken not listening to you...how dare they. To think AJ only won every round last night...disgraceful performance. Can’t wait until they hire you...lurkyburky.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2017, 12:25:42 PM »

Was a laboured sort of performance from AJ, looked a bit sluggish and lacking snap. He landed some hefty punches, but more on the occasions when he could set his feet. But he needed more flow and fluidity to surprise Takam with punches he wasn't braced to absorb. He was fairly one paced when he needed injections of pace to get Takam out of rhythm.

Having said that he did well to remain composed after getting nutted in the nose so early on and while Takam was tough and came with ambition, he never really threatened.

Joshua's rivals will feel emboldened after watching that. So plenty of stuff to work on and lessons that need to be heeded.

Whyte also didn't look impressive, but Helenius after a bright start made his mind up to just survive and it became a boring fight. Hard to get rid of an opponent who does have ability and whose only goal became seeing out 12 rounds, but this is where Dillian needed to go through gears, to raise the pace without warning to keep Helenius uncomfortable and under the cosh.

As it was Helenius grew fairly comfortable under steady predictable pressure and never really looked like being stopped. Again its a fight that can be a good learning type thing for Whyte. Quickening, slowing, pace....going up and down, and sharpening up his technique. I hope he does have the inate ability to make these changes because he's so ambitious and really wants to succeed.

The rest of the card was predictable fare......Solid but unspectacular. Wasn't the most entertaining PPV in all honesty.

Drivel.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2017, 01:04:29 PM »

F'Kin hell ...... Obsessed much Timmy....LOL

Get a grip little man  joker
LiveFight
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2017, 01:04:29 PM »

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2017, 01:55:51 PM »

F'Kin hell ...... Obsessed much Timmy....LOL

Get a grip little man  joker

O dear....are you ok? Was only joking....don’t want to upset you.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2017, 05:31:55 PM »

Was a laboured sort of performance from AJ, looked a bit sluggish and lacking snap. He landed some hefty punches, but more on the occasions when he could set his feet. But he needed more flow and fluidity to surprise Takam with punches he wasn't braced to absorb. He was fairly one paced when he needed injections of pace to get Takam out of rhythm.

Having said that he did well to remain composed after getting nutted in the nose so early on and while Takam was tough and came with ambition, he never really threatened.

Joshua's rivals will feel emboldened after watching that. So plenty of stuff to work on and lessons that need to be heeded.

Whyte also didn't look impressive, but Helenius after a bright start made his mind up to just survive and it became a boring fight. Hard to get rid of an opponent who does have ability and whose only goal became seeing out 12 rounds, but this is where Dillian needed to go through gears, to raise the pace without warning to keep Helenius uncomfortable and under the cosh.

As it was Helenius grew fairly comfortable under steady predictable pressure and never really looked like being stopped. Again its a fight that can be a good learning type thing for Whyte. Quickening, slowing, pace....going up and down, and sharpening up his technique. I hope he does have the inate ability to make these changes because he's so ambitious and really wants to succeed.

The rest of the card was predictable fare......Solid but unspectacular. Wasn't the most entertaining PPV in all honesty.

I think the most noticeable thing from last night was just how easy Joshua is to hit and on more than one occasion his legs looked to have stiffened. If I was Wilder I wouldn't now be shying away from that fight. If the Tyson Fury who boxed Klit turns up then he'd give Joshua a lot of problems with hit and move. It was an unimpressive performance, and YES he was to heavy.

Earlier in the week I read Holmes saying Joshua would have beaten Mike Tyson not a chance Tyson would have beaten fairly comfortably all four heavyweight fighters last night. It seems over the years heavy weight boxing has become about giant big guys who fight very upright.

The card overall was dire and I am glad I found a decent stream for the event.

A Slice of Life
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2017, 06:09:27 PM »

Interesting one in terms of Tyson. I’d give AJ a fair chance purely because he wouldn’t be beaten before he got in the ring like a lot of Tyson’s opposition was. Also, when he’s been hurt, he’s always continued fighting and Mike always struggled with guys that wouldn’t go away.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2017, 08:02:48 PM »

Interesting one in terms of Tyson. I’d give AJ a fair chance purely because he wouldn’t be beaten before he got in the ring like a lot of Tyson’s opposition was. Also, when he’s been hurt, he’s always continued fighting and Mike always struggled with guys that wouldn’t go away.

Think they meant Fury mate.
With regards to Mike Tyson he would be too quick inside for AJ I think.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2017, 08:19:16 PM »

I think the most noticeable thing from last night was just how easy Joshua is to hit and on more than one occasion his legs looked to have stiffened. If I was Wilder I wouldn't now be shying away from that fight. If the Tyson Fury who boxed Klit turns up then he'd give Joshua a lot of problems with hit and move. It was an unimpressive performance, and YES he was to heavy.

Earlier in the week I read Holmes saying Joshua would have beaten Mike Tyson not a chance Tyson would have beaten fairly comfortably all four heavyweight fighters last night. It seems over the years heavy weight boxing has become about giant big guys who fight very upright.

The card overall was dire and I am glad I found a decent stream for the event.

Yeah the lack of general speed/snap means he's stiffer, more upright and can't evade the counters as easily. I think he took the punches off Takam well enough, but could see others enjoying much more success. As you say the Fury of the Klitschko fight would have ran rings around him last night and left him looking like he was fighting in concrete boots.

To be honest all the sarky comments that Fury made a couple years ago are now starting to ring true.....stiff, flex...etc.
Its just a shame that Fury himself can't get his sh*t together so he'd be relevant himself.

And as much as I don't really rate Wilder, he's extremely crude and ungainly. He is fast and extremely powerful. Joshua/Wilder would be a shoot and whilst before I fancied Joshua too be far too polished, after his last couple of performances and weight gain its starting to even up.

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2017, 08:32:48 PM »

Think they meant Fury mate.
With regards to Mike Tyson he would be too quick inside for AJ I think.

Dexter above my post was talking about Larry Holmes saying AJ would beat Mike.

Slightly OT but did you see any of the polls mostly from the bookies on twitter asking if AJ was the greatest post 90’s HW? It had AJ, Tyson, Lewis and Klitschko (didn’t say which one, I presume Wlad). No mention of Holyfield, Bowe, Vitali.
legs

« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2017, 08:44:26 PM »

Dexter above my post was talking about Larry Holmes saying AJ would beat Mike.

Slightly OT but did you see any of the polls mostly from the bookies on twitter asking if AJ was the greatest post 90’s HW? It had AJ, Tyson, Lewis and Klitschko (didn’t say which one, I presume Wlad). No mention of Holyfield, Bowe, Vitali.

Bookies will do anything to make money, younger people will lap it up and believe all they see and read.

Joshua is good and at least he is in shape but you could argue all of them on the above list would beat him in their prime.

Lennox is the best on that list he’d take Josh apart within 4-5 rounds.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2017, 08:59:10 PM »

It’d be Rahman 2 repeated.
bigbibbs

« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2017, 12:53:09 PM »

Ive nly paid for one of AJ's fights and that was against Vlad.

No other has raised even a slight interest to pay out for.  It looks like there won't be anything else on the horizon worth paying for either.

Unless he makes a fight with Wylder than there is nobody else out there yet.  Not his fault its just a dull era for the HW boxer.

But to think he is making millions and looking like a legend fighting chumps is not good for us the paying - or not paying public.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2017, 03:27:49 PM »

Joking aside I think Takam did a decent job....he was game but also seemed content with lasting the distance rather then winning anyone round, Hearing AJs nose was broken which gives a decent excuse for him blowing down the stretch. Wouldn’t mind seeing the rematch unless the Wilder fight can be made.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: