LiveFight
December 16, 2017, 11:10:20 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: parker v fury  (Read 2583 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 12:41:54 PM »

its an odd situation, i think they knew hughie had the beating of him but still didnt want to go down there even after signing the contract. its possible he is injured, but it all doesnt look or sit right. then they are claiming they spent 30k on immigration lawyers because they wanted the fight so much (but wanted the venue changed a few weeks before the fight). i cant even imagine how you could spend that amount on a visa issue, esp since it was solved with one letter from duco (parkers promoters).

'what david haye did to tyson was disgusting'. what theyve done to klitschko and now parker is basically the same if not arguably worse.

Maybe Parker & Fury's teams are in cahoots with a bigger UK show planned for it.

Who knows...
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 12:41:54 PM »

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2017, 02:55:12 PM »

Maybe Parker & Fury's teams are in cahoots with a bigger UK show planned for it.

Who knows...

W*****/Hearn  i n cahoots cant see it but id trust neither
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2017, 04:16:19 PM »

I think people are going overboard and that Parker is not as bad as they say. That guy the other day hardly did anything so for Parker who doesn't carry huge power it would always be a struggle.

But he does have fast hands and decent stamina. The way sky or talking up the likes of Bellew and White, neither who have a really significant win at heavy themselves is pretty laughable. I mean Tony beat a guy with one leg and only late on, a fight he'd have lost without the injury without doubt. Dillian beats Chisora who has been faded for years and not only that but goes life and death with him.

I hope Bellew doesn't get it, he already thinks he's a box office draw imagine if he gets titles at two different weights? The fact he won't even talk of a Joshua fight says a lot about his motives and intentions of being the matchroom yes man basically.

Team Groves
Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2017, 04:17:58 PM »

The guy has been Parker's sparring partner in this camp. No wonder it looked like a spar.

Dillian Whyte is muck and Bellew is a fat slugger. Parker would mince the pair of them.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2017, 06:09:14 PM »

Is Parker even relevant? After what we witnessed the weekend before last I don't see what a guy going the distance with a Romanian taxi driver brings to the table. Parker has looked average for a while now and is just holding the belt for as long as he can hide it in NZ.

LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2017, 06:09:14 PM »

glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2017, 07:32:41 PM »

Who knows...

possible i guess, but it would have made more sense to just go and win the belt then they would have been looking at some huge money fights in the uk very soon. i guess we'll see.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2017, 08:29:18 AM »

Seeing talk that this hasn't even sold 3000 tickets yet.  Not a huge surprise given the promotion but there seems to be a huge gulf between the Matchroom and the rest when it comes to flogging tickets for even mid-size events.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2017, 10:52:02 AM »

Seeing talk that this hasn't even sold 3000 tickets yet.  Not a huge surprise given the promotion but there seems to be a huge gulf between the Matchroom and the rest when it comes to flogging tickets for even mid-size events.

There is a massive difference in overall quality of event also. Every single Waqrren card  I have been to there has been trouble, real trouble as well not one drunken yob banging another, full on mini riots! the security is wank at W***** cards.

It has an edgy feel about it, One i dont like taking the girl to.

You never know if the main event will actually go ahead either.

I bash Hearn for his bullshit and spin but overall the quality of matchroom shows is head and shoulders above anything W***** serves up
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: