LiveFight
October 22, 2017, 09:52:00 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saturday Night Fights: Linares Vs Campbell Parker Vs Fury  (Read 2110 times)
legs

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2017, 10:41:27 PM »

Think Fury will nick this but both are bang average Joshua will wipe them both out
LiveFight
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2017, 10:41:27 PM »

stinka

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2017, 10:48:51 PM »

I'm done with boxing after that decision
jorg21
Executive Member

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2017, 10:51:32 PM »

2 more wide cards I thought Fury nicked it but I wouldn't have complained about Parker narrowly.
legs

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2017, 10:53:32 PM »

Can't even call it a home decision 115-113 probably right either way anyway Joshua would destroy Parker
dmp
Executive Member

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2017, 11:05:47 PM »

fury ran and ran how could anyonegive it to fury
the runner fury i hope we see the last of the furys and the pikeys in boxing  they nearly kicked off in the ring after the result
despicable people
LiveFight
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2017, 11:05:47 PM »

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2017, 04:13:40 AM »

That was a decent scrap to watch . No complaints
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2017, 04:18:31 AM »

That was a decent scrap to watch . No complaints

You know Eddies already after the rematch at Hull city
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2017, 06:26:26 AM »

You know Eddies already after the rematch at Hull city

That doesn't surprise me  Grin

PPV?
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2017, 06:39:45 AM »

I got up to watch the Campbell fight after checking the result on twitter. I personally didn't think it was as close as is being made out. It was a spirited performance from Luke Campbell and I admire him and his boxing skills however Lineras as was always that level above and if in trouble he looked as if he had plenty in reserve.

I believe Campbell can come again he needs to fight at tempo and he needs to lose that upright amateur stance towards the end of the fight he looked as if he'd learned from the contest. I will watch his next fight with interest to see if he's progressed.

A Slice of Life
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2017, 08:26:53 AM »

Campbell started slowly and the KD obviously set him back, but he showed his quality as the fight progressed an he settled in and realised he belonged. If Eddie can lure Linares into a rematch then Campbell could perhaps go one better.....but I don't think Linares will be interested. I expect he'll breathe a sigh of relief at just negotiating a tricky defense successfully and move on. But suppose it depends how big a carrot Hearn is prepared to dangle.
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2017, 09:31:08 AM »

Didn't watch the Fury fight intently for the full 12 but every time I looked up at the TV it seemed like Parker was throwing bombs at Fury, missing the majority of them and falling into Fury while he was back on the ropes. Fury landed a few nice looking shots but never with any power, suppose it's whether you preferred that shoeshine stuff or Parker's aggression. Neither are great fighters though.

I thought Campbell did very well to overcome was was frankly a shit first 3 rounds, and he certainly made an argument of the middle portion of the fight. Linares seemed to be a bit flat for spells in the fight but had enough class and experience to score well early and late in the fight to take it by a wider margin than seems to be reflected on the scorecards. If a rematch happened I suspect both fighters would be better for this experience. Campbell knows now he can be competitive at world class and Linares will have more respect for his skills and be more switched on for the full 12 rounds. Decent fight, high quality but Linares a fairly clear winner IMO.
legs

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2017, 10:23:54 AM »

I thought Campbell did well after first 3 rounds it looked like he would get blown away.

I think it was a win for Linares probably 115-112 how many times did Macklin bring up the 10-8 can't stand him annoys me !!

I think Linares will fight Garcia now it's one I want to see.

Campbell will be a world champion next year I think.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2017, 10:28:44 AM »

Liniares and his shots looked crisper but credit to Campbell for not lettin his head go down after the KD
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2017, 11:49:16 AM »

I think if Campbell had actually gone for it he'd have took it....but he seemed a bit too concerned with not making mistakes himself, rather than looking to his own offense to open Linares up. But the KD and the swelling to his eye was an early sickener so understandable he'd take some time to settle back down and regain confidence. That start could have finished many fighters mentally before they'd got going, but Campbell showed superb composure to stay poised and work his way back.

Linares's experience was the difference but not by much. Those little bits of showboating were bullsh*t designed to kid the judges/audience and Campbell that Linares wasn't troubled, but truth be told he was having some issues getting at Campbell but was trying to mask it.

If Campbell had gone after Linares with a little more spite I think he'd be the new champion, but he'll be better for the experience and chomping at the bit for another go. I think Campbell's stock probably rises even in defeat.

The Fury fight was actually a similar story. I thought he nicked it, but I wasn't shocked he didn't get it....though I was shocked at two of the cards! Fury controlled the fight technically, but just needed to cement himself and put some mustard in the right hand and then follow up with something. He nullified Parker with movement and the flicking jab, but he didn't seize the day and control of the fight. Very frustrating because that fight was there for him to take with no argument.

Regarding Parker....while I appreciate that Hughie is very awkward to fight, Joe has looked very pedestrian in his last 3 fights and is not the big time threat he was built up to be. He'd not last 5 rounds with AJ and I can imagine Dillian Whyte will be dying to get his hands on him. That fight would suit Parker better stylistically, but its a fight that Dillian would really fancy and could potentially set up the rematch with Joshua in unification. Eddie's probably already been on the blower.
legs

« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2017, 06:48:39 PM »

Campbell has just said to the press his dad died two weeks ago and he didn't want anybody to know I have huge respect for him carrying on as he did he could easily have pulled out the fight.

He is a really nice guy and I would love to see him become world champion which I think he will do next year.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: