LiveFight
October 21, 2017, 05:41:25 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saturday Night Fights: Linares Vs Campbell Parker Vs Fury  (Read 2101 times)
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2017, 09:56:11 AM »

That doesn't surprise me  Grin

PPV?

Has to be.
LiveFight
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2017, 09:56:11 AM »

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2017, 09:59:30 AM »

Campbell has just said to the press his dad died two weeks ago and he didn't want anybody to know I have huge respect for him carrying on as he did he could easily have pulled out the fight.

He is a really nice guy and I would love to see him become world champion which I think he will do next year.

That's pretty much secured the rematch, respect.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2017, 10:00:47 AM »

Also how many time did we hear them say Linares looked a million dollars...was like Groundhog Day.
wbamitch

« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2017, 05:20:32 PM »

Nearly caught up with all the fights, just got to catch the WBO title fights on boxnation.

The Fury fight, again it's the 118-110 cards which really tarnish the result, I thought it seemed pretty close and could have gone either way, neither guy swept and I don't think did enough to certify the victory so I could see a close score either way or even the draw. Parker has not impressed of late and is hanging onto the belt, a bit of the hand speed has gone and he looked very clumsy, Hughie missed a great chance there.

Linares/Campbell, I had Linares wide, Campbell competed well, sunk some nice body shots in there and did land a few good shots. Linares just looked more explosive and although it was competitive, more so than I thought it would be, I only gave Campbell a few rounds. Personally I felt the scorecards were harsh on Linares, a solid defence there though, Luke stepped up and you have to commend him after what he has gone through. Bring on Linares vs Garcia.

Without giving away the result, check out Dorticos/Kudryashov, it won't take too much of your time.
legs

« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2017, 06:20:12 PM »

That's pretty much secured the rematch, respect.

Do you think that will happen ? I hope Garcia is next.

I see Flanagan is calling out Linares knowing damn well it won't happen I reckon him and Campbell should happen but it will be hard to make with W***** & Hearn although it shouldn't be.
LiveFight
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2017, 06:20:12 PM »

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2017, 07:54:49 PM »

Do you think that will happen ? I hope Garcia is next.

I see Flanagan is calling out Linares knowing damn well it won't happen I reckon him and Campbell should happen but it will be hard to make with W***** & Hearn although it shouldn't be.

I think it can be sold well now, we know Hearn can sell a fight and with the football ground line or here casuals plus them saying Luke wasn't at his best due to his dad passing(fair point) then the rematch would start to make sense. Flanagan needs to leave W***** and open up fights with Crolla and Campbell. Garcia v Linares is a great fight mind and has to happen.
legs

« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2017, 09:32:27 PM »

I think it can be sold well now, we know Hearn can sell a fight and with the football ground line or here casuals plus them saying Luke wasn't at his best due to his dad passing(fair point) then the rematch would start to make sense. Flanagan needs to leave W***** and open up fights with Crolla and Campbell. Garcia v Linares is a great fight mind and has to happen.

I agree I'd have no problem if Campbell got a rematch I think he showed a lot of heart in the fight fighting overseas with a start like that against the heavy favourite most would crumble he was miles better second half of the fight.

Flanagan does need to leave W***** but doubt he will he isn't going anywhere with him and he is boring as hell too which doesn't help.

Not seen too much of the other champ Easter Jnr is he any good ?

Garcia is the man I think he'd beat Linares
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2017, 10:03:30 PM »

I agree I'd have no problem if Campbell got a rematch I think he showed a lot of heart in the fight fighting overseas with a start like that against the heavy favourite most would crumble he was miles better second half of the fight.

Flanagan does need to leave W***** but doubt he will he isn't going anywhere with him and he is boring as hell too which doesn't help.

Not seen too much of the other champ Easter Jnr is he any good ?

Garcia is the man I think he'd beat Linares

Seen zero of Easter Jr. Garcia v Linares could be a great scrap. Both will be trying to take heads off.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2017, 07:34:00 AM »

I've only seen a couple of Easter Jr fights but he's about 6ft tall with a massive reach so he would be capable of causing problems for any of the other guys in the division.

Even reading Flanagan's name makes me bored he's that dull.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: