LiveFight
November 18, 2017, 02:54:28 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haye -v- Bellew II  (Read 3028 times)
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2017, 10:21:23 AM »

Haye looked pissed off and focused. If his body holds in camp,I think he will spark Bellew.

Bellew is part of the establishment now. Fast cars buddy, Sky "analyst" along with Coldwell who is also an "analyst". He can do no wrong.
Bellew is making the most of his situation......and why shouldn't he. He's arguably going to retire after this fight, we all know how hard it is for some fighters when they retire. Very few fighters make it big, especially guys like him. He's entitled to the cars......The boobs, bums and depravity. I don't begrudge him reaping the rewards of his success, I don't get why people would.

Bellew is being smart by setting up a potential career as a boxing analyst. What else is he going to do?
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2017, 10:21:23 AM »

mattbaker1510

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2017, 10:52:37 AM »

Spot on.  He gets hit in the head for a living and people are offering him lots of money to do it and then work after that as a commentator.  Given he has no other skills to generate money I say go for it. Can you imagine being told you have to retire from your job at 35 and having no ability to do anything else?

Would give me sleepless nights.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2017, 12:58:13 PM »

If Bellew beat Haye again then he's looking at another PPV against Parker win and he'll be boxing AJ on another PPV this time next year. He'll certainly be comfortably well off should that plan come through. I would imagine he would have made 3 million for his last fight and probably 5 million for this one.

A Slice of Life
tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2017, 02:08:57 PM »

Yeah can't begrudge Bellew making a living out of this he's always said his motivation is to set his family up for life, Hayes is to fund his lifestyle, and divorce.

Not a fight I'm really interested in though as Haye in shape without injuries destroys Bellew. This whole fight is based on whether Hayes body can survive a camp and the fight,
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2017, 02:36:12 PM »

Haye beats Bellew then takes the world title from Parker to setup the AJ PPV at Wembley?

All seems too easy and possibly why the Parker v Fury fight was so wide previous to make sure Parker stays as champ for easy pickings
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2017, 02:36:12 PM »

GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2017, 05:53:51 AM »

If Bellew beat Haye again then he's looking at another PPV against Parker win and he'll be boxing AJ on another PPV this time next year. He'll certainly be comfortably well off should that plan come through. I would imagine he would have made 3 million for his last fight and probably 5 million for this one.

I can't see Bellew ever fighting AJ to be honest...I think he's sensible enough to know his limits; he knows he has no chance in that fight and his safety would be in SERIOUS jeopardy, and he wouldn't put his family through that especially given what happened to his brother in-law...he'll max out against Haye and then retire I reckon, or have one last shot vs Parker and retire either way after that
tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2017, 07:56:07 PM »

£1000-£3500 from inner ringside seats!!!

Are they f***ing mental!? Fast Eddie must be on Spice!

Tuco
Executive Member

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2017, 10:42:53 PM »

Haye beats Bellew then takes the world title from Parker to setup the AJ PPV at Wembley?

All seems too easy and possibly why the Parker v Fury fight was so wide previous to make sure Parker stays as champ for easy pickings
Do u think his body will be able to hold up without breaking down again?

This could be Hayes last fight win or lose. Say he beats bellew,  he then has to put the weight back on to compete with a real heavyweight. The odds of him staying healthy?

Don't want to be a killjoy but it wouldn't surprise me if this is Hayes last fight regardless of the result.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2017, 11:23:11 PM »

£1000-£3500 from inner ringside seats!!!

Are they f***ing mental!? Fast Eddie must be on Spice!

People pay it though. Idiotic people.
tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2017, 12:15:56 AM »

People pay it though. Idiotic people.

I could probably fly to New York, awesome hotel, awesome tickets to Lomanchenko v Rigo and cover my food and drink for much less than that!

Eddie Hearn is criminal
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2017, 12:21:03 PM »

Do u think his body will be able to hold up without breaking down again?

This could be Hayes last fight win or lose. Say he beats bellew,  he then has to put the weight back on to compete with a real heavyweight. The odds of him staying healthy?

Don't want to be a killjoy but it wouldn't surprise me if this is Hayes last fight regardless of the result.

I know I'm no fan of Haye, but he's seriously past it now anyway.  However, he has shown several times that he's desperate for money and seems to have been involved in all sorts of dodgy dealing in the past, not to mention an expensive divorce.  His body is shot and cannot hold up to the rigours any more, no matter how he kids himself.  He is an accident waiting to happen.  He is not, never was, and never will be a Heavyweight.  Bit like Bellew really!  I'm astonished that tickets for this have flown off the shelves, but apparently so.  Maybe I'm just too old for this game.   Roll Eyes
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2017, 12:40:21 PM »

I know I'm no fan of Haye, but he's seriously past it now anyway.  However, he has shown several times that he's desperate for money and seems to have been involved in all sorts of dodgy dealing in the past, not to mention an expensive divorce.  His body is shot and cannot hold up to the rigours any more, no matter how he kids himself.  He is an accident waiting to happen.  He is not, never was, and never will be a Heavyweight.  Bit like Bellew really!  I'm astonished that tickets for this have flown off the shelves, but apparently so.  Maybe I'm just too old for this game.   Roll Eyes

First one was entertaining due to the injury. Easy sell
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2017, 01:22:38 PM »

I could probably fly to New York, awesome hotel, awesome tickets to Lomanchenko v Rigo and cover my food and drink for much less than that!

Eddie Hearn is criminal

He’s taken the football model to a new level....if people keep paying the daft prices then you can bet they’ll keep charging them.
Tuco
Executive Member

« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2017, 02:33:02 PM »

Im not paying for it, it was a cracking fight first time round though. I can see why the casuals would be going for it. It's almost a freak show fight. Haye gets injured opening his front door, he's essentially an invalid dressed up to look like an adonis and Bellew as a heavyweight is laughable. With Eddie Hearns Motto being "ENTERTAINMENT! " freak show or not he's delivering on fan friendly fights.

Assuming Haye is all but done, Im not sure what kind of a career he's had looking back. Multiple world champion, yes but When you see who he's fought,  who he's beaten. It isn't exactly a who's who is it.
tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2017, 04:51:49 PM »

He’s taken the football model to a new level....if people keep paying the daft prices then you can bet they’ll keep charging them.

And it'll probably kill off any progress the sport has made in the past few years. If I was involved in the UFC/MMA scene in the UK I'd be aiming to put free to air shows at decent ticket prices up against this sort of show. Imagine Bisping v GSP was on in London on the same night on BT sport it'd definitely have N IMPACT ON THE PPV at the very least.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: