LiveFight
October 19, 2017, 07:17:56 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haye -v- Bellew II  (Read 2094 times)
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: September 20, 2017, 05:13:20 AM »

Now come on, chaps. I was amazed when I came on here and there was no thread already about this fight!  I mean, it's massive isn't it?  PPV or what!  On a Sunday evening as well, so rumour has it.  Maybe on BBC straight after Songs of Praise or something?  Is Haye serious with his all revealing tweet on this, or has he finally become entirely unhinged?  I mean, seriously, would anyone at all buy tickets for this?  Just when you thought Mayweather had the monopoly on pantomime, along comes the Hayemaker!  Hilarious!   Grin
LiveFight
« on: September 20, 2017, 05:13:20 AM »

Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 10:18:44 AM »

I was talking about this yesterday. I enjoyed the first fight plenty of drama and excitement. The first two rounds Haye was missing badly however he started to grow into the fight and his timing was coming. There was little evidence of stamina issues and he appeared to have plenty left in the tank. Its interesting to see since this fight he appears leaner ( on social media ) and if he can get a good camp with plenty of sparring and his body doesn't give out on him then I would expect to see him stop Bellew at some point. I'll be watching.

A Slice of Life
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 11:02:10 AM »

I thought the first one was a good fight to be honest. Entertainment value at least.

Would look forward to a second one.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 11:02:45 AM »

The build up will be excruciating though.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 11:05:22 AM »

The build up will be excruciating though.

I think there will be a lot more resect in this one.

All for show mind so yeah excruciating
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 11:05:22 AM »

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 12:08:46 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/bet365uk/videos/1516827761745089/

And it begins....not sure Bellew understands the difference between getting tired and ones leg falling off.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 01:46:10 PM »

I think there will be a lot more resect in this one.

All for show mind so yeah excruciating

Doubt it Haye all ready tweeted about Bellew being the face of Papa Joes pizza :-)

A Slice of Life
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 02:31:20 PM »

It was a good fight first time around. Look forward to seeing the rematch. I saw Haye do an interview recently, he looks very lean. He'll come in light and no doubt do a job on Bellew inside 7.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 03:50:51 PM »

It was a good fight first time around. Look forward to seeing the rematch. I saw Haye do an interview recently, he looks very lean. He'll come in light and no doubt do a job on Bellew inside 7.

I made this comment earlier and have noticed it myself he has probably come to the conclusion his body can't handle the extra weight and since the injury and rehabilitation he's been looking a lot trimmer. I tend to agree with you he'll train heavily come in at 15 stone or so and it will be a different fight.

A Slice of Life
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 08:10:29 PM »

Haye will come in with a totally different attitude....last time he was looking to land one shot and end it with a single bomb, he was the aggressor and looked clumsy and obvious in his approach. A blind man on a galloping horse could see his loaded up bombs coming from a mile off. He wasn't comfortable leading off against Bellew, he was too heavy and with a poor mindset where he just expected to walk in and smash Bellew up.

But Haye has always been a counter puncher, who entices his opposition to come at and reach for him....and then he pounces. In a rematch he'll be lighter and will assume his more natural posture of counter puncher and this is where he's more likely to catch Bellew with a sneak bomb. How his body holds up to the rigours of a camp and fight are a genuine concern, but so far so good I guess. 
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 05:43:32 AM »

Haye will come in with a totally different attitude....last time he was looking to land one shot and end it with a single bomb, he was the aggressor and looked clumsy and obvious in his approach. A blind man on a galloping horse could see his loaded up bombs coming from a mile off. He wasn't comfortable leading off against Bellew, he was too heavy and with a poor mindset where he just expected to walk in and smash Bellew up.

But Haye has always been a counter puncher, who entices his opposition to come at and reach for him....and then he pounces. In a rematch he'll be lighter and will assume his more natural posture of counter puncher and this is where he's more likely to catch Bellew with a sneak bomb. How his body holds up to the rigours of a camp and fight are a genuine concern, but so far so good I guess. 

Good post. I just don't think the additional weight suits his body personal opinion. I know he's not in camp and he's not training hard and eating correctly for the fight but it's very noticeable across social media how much leaner he's looking physically I can only assume this is to add in recovery from the injury, I suspect its also because he knew he was to heavy and to slow the last time out. He's fairly shrewd in his approach and will completely change for the rematch. 

A Slice of Life
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 07:50:32 AM »

Good post. I just don't think the additional weight suits his body personal opinion. I know he's not in camp and he's not training hard and eating correctly for the fight but it's very noticeable across social media how much leaner he's looking physically I can only assume this is to add in recovery from the injury, I suspect its also because he knew he was to heavy and to slow the last time out. He's fairly shrewd in his approach and will completely change for the rematch. 

Yes agreed......when he's motivated and taking it seriously, Haye is very calculated in his approach.
Bellew is going for the payday in part 2, but I'm fairly sure the tables will be turned.

The asterix in this is Haye's body holding up....I think it will.
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 05:14:20 PM »

I made this comment earlier and have noticed it myself he has probably come to the conclusion his body can't handle the extra weight and since the injury and rehabilitation he's been looking a lot trimmer. I tend to agree with you he'll train heavily come in at 15 stone or so and it will be a different fight.

Exactly that. First time round Haye arrogantly believed he could just show up, injury or no injury and spark Bellew with his sheer size and power. I've never seen him so sloppy with his shots. Coming in light means he's less likely to get an injury in training and more likely to perform at a higher level. It's a good move. Bellews time in the spotlight will be short lived.

I'm not a fan of either fighter, im not bothered who wins. Think it would be better for the heavyweight division as a whole if Haye gets the victory. It makes the division that more interesting.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2017, 12:43:12 PM »

now confirmed.

A Slice of Life
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2017, 03:47:13 PM »

I am moderately interested in this fight, on account of how bizzare the first fight panned out.

Previously I was very cynical, but shall definitely tune in.
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: