LiveFight
November 15, 2018, 07:41:02 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haye -v- Bellew II  (Read 10622 times)
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2017, 06:43:29 AM »

A torn bicep is unfortunate and can happen however part of me thinks this was some sort off marketing plan I have never known a main event to be so close to Christmas and on a Sunday night. It leads me to believe its been done to hype the fight massively, no idea why. The Sunday night main event always left me wondering about this fight.

I seriously don't think it needed any hype.  As pathetic as it has become with Haye, he can still sell tickets and sell a fight.  Maybe only because there are so many morons out there, but the fact remains he is still marketable.  God knows how.  I was one who thought tickets for this would never sell but they flew off the shelf!  And for a Sunday just before Christmas.  I think the last thing this fight needed was another Haye injury in training.  But you can bet that if they re-schedule it for next year, it'll sell like hot cakes!   Roll Eyes
LiveFight
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2017, 06:43:29 AM »

Vlad The Impaler
V.I.P

« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2017, 09:44:23 PM »

A torn bicep is unfortunate and can happen however part of me thinks this was some sort off marketing plan I have never known a main event to be so close to Christmas and on a Sunday night. It leads me to believe its been done to hype the fight massively, no idea why. The Sunday night main event always left me wondering about this fight.

The fight was only on a Sunday night because they couldn't get the O2 on a Saturday night and Sky obviously wanted to get another PPV in before end of year.

I really don't understand why Sky keep investing time and money in fights involving Haye; he's now pulled out of fights with Charr, Fury (twice) and Bellew. And Haye was the reason why Sky binned PPV fights for best part of 2 years after people got pissed off with the Harrison and Klitshcko debacles.

I wonder what the demand will be like if it does get re-arranged, be surprised if it's anywhere near the December date.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2018, 11:49:14 AM »

Ryder v Cox has just been confirmed for the undercard.  Decent fight in fairness but regardless, the only way Sky get PPV money from me for this is if they end up getting GGG v Canelo 2 and doubling it with this.
Goldenboy87
Executive Member

« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2018, 07:30:17 AM »

What are peopleís predictions for this Saturday?

Couldnít see Haye losing the first fight in a million years (still think he would have won comfortably if his Achilles didnít go), but can definitely see he has aged and not the same fighter he once was.

Seems a lot more people are picking Bellew this time, I am still gonna go with Haye but not convinced at all.

Pretty good undercard to be fair as well:
Paul Butler vs. Emmanuel Rodriguez (IBF Bantamweight title)
Martin Joseph Ward vs. James Tennyson (European Super Featherweight Title)
John Ryder vs. Jamie Cox
Joe Joyce vs. Lenroy Thomas (Commonwealth Heavyweight title)
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2018, 08:37:19 AM »

I'd favour Haye again as well, assuming his body holds up.  His timing seemed very off last time but I'd imagine he'd be much more focused this time around and won't just be aiming to bomb Bellew out early. 

It would be quite a sad end to his career if he were to lose to Bellew again, especially by stoppage, whether due to injury or otherwise.  To think that a decade ago he'd fought Mormeck in France and then Enzo back to back in the space of a few months to hold three of the titles at Cruiser.  Now he's rematching a guy who wouldn't have been able to lace his boots at 200lbs, at heavyweight, desperately trying to regain some respect.
LiveFight
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2018, 08:37:19 AM »

jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2018, 09:13:35 AM »

Haye in emphatic fashion this time around. He seems focused and determined and just can't see Bellew being able to cope. I would imagine Tony will pick himself up off the canvas a couple of times whilst taking a fair bit of punishment. Haye looks leaner and I think his attitude in the buildup last time might have been as he knew his body wasn't right. This time he looks extremely calm and confident
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2018, 01:28:16 PM »

Haye comes in at 15st 10 and Bellew 15st. 
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2018, 06:12:52 PM »

Providing Haye is fit then heís miles above Bellew and knocks him out cold. It remains to be seen if his body can take it anymore though.

Where would either of them go from here if they won? Would have chase Joshua or Wilder. Bellies already said he wouldnít fight AJ. I could see him pursuing a fight with Tyson Fury.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2018, 06:20:41 PM »

The obvious fight for either if they win is Tyson fury I think
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2018, 02:31:03 PM »

I personally believe Haye will stop Bellew fairly convincingly this time around, He had one leg the last time and lasted 11 rounds. Haye just looks very focused looks much more athletic body composition wise and I expect him to really put on a show if he can't then it really is finished for him.

I would suspect the future could hold a fight with Dillian Whyte in some sort of Eddie Hearn eliminator for AJ.

A Slice of Life
wbamitch

« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2018, 05:33:42 PM »

*Spoilers*

Has the makings of a good card tonight and certainly started well, big shock for me there. Was looking at Ward those first few rounds thinking Iíd like to see him move on from this level, despite there being a few mistakes he was levels above. Didnít prove that in the end.
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2018, 06:33:57 PM »

A shock already!!
 Haye for me by rsf or ko in 8. I was gonna say haye in 3 but he says he wants to take his time and hurt Tony and then chop him down.

Juggernaught time.....Is he as good as they all say?

spoiler alert.......

The juggernaugt won it but i have to say......he is so cumbersome, i personally think he is an accident waiting to happen.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 06:42:37 PM by Kevan2 » Logged

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
legs

« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2018, 07:18:14 PM »

Does anyone have any streams please ?
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2018, 07:30:45 PM »

Does anyone have any streams please ?

I had one but then it went doolally.....ive ended up buying it.....i know i know, im a muppet.

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2018, 10:53:24 PM »

Needless to say, I wouldn't have paid good money to watch this meaningless debacle, but went down to my son's to watch it.  Strange watching a fight actually when you really do not give a flying fart who wins or loses because it holds no significance whatsoever to the sport.  I have long since voiced my severe doubts about Haye's ability/speed/power since the numerous pull-outs, career ending surgery etc etc.  I have also been one of his fiercest critics in modern times and I would be expecting to gloat over his demise to a man unworthy of lacing Haye's boots in his heyday.  But I just thought he cut a very sad figure indeed and actually felt a bit sorry for him.  He has forever severely tarnished his legacy and was once a magnificent cruiserweight, and a proper nice geezer to boot.  His venture into the HW scene saw him overcome a dodgy shrek-like figure to become world champion and his attitude towards fans became dreadful.  Nonetheless, it is always awkward viewing to see a fighter carry on way too long, which is exactly what we saw tonight.  I think even David Price fancies a crack at Haye now, but with any luck, that will be his final foray between the ropes.  It's certainly been a rollercoaster and he has divided opinion along the way.  Goodnight Haye.   Wink
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: