LiveFight
November 24, 2017, 12:21:53 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frampton signs with W***** and BT Sport!  (Read 2363 times)
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2017, 03:35:41 PM »

It doesn't make great reading.  And then after this weekend it is the Monaco card and then the Haye v Bellew 2 PPV to finish the year off.  If AJ keeps winning, I wouldn't be surprised if he went it alone rather than look at any US promoters.  It's not like Eddie has to do much in the way of work to flog tickets and PPV's for his fights against whoever now.
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2017, 03:35:41 PM »

tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2017, 04:29:10 PM »

Yeah or A Haymon as manager deal puts him in with the big US networks and that moves his £10m pay checks from matchroom up towards 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s.

On a side not I was predicting Dorian Darch for Dubois next opponent and looks like I may have called it right. Not a bad choice seeing as he was Ajs 4th fight and he was technically never put down by AJ so if DD can do that it'll be a marketing tool for W*****
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2017, 04:29:56 PM »

I donít think Joshua necessarily has to go to America for the money. The only decent fight there for him is Wilder and Hearn can deliver that for him. The big fight that everyone wants to see is Fury and if that come off it wouldnít be in the US.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2017, 06:49:09 PM »

Looks like Flanagan is moving up to 140. Some going that to manage to avoid having a single big fight at 135. And to think he was telling Garcia he couldnít fight him as the Linares fight was basically done a couple of days ago.
Goldenboy87
Executive Member

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2017, 10:16:11 AM »

Looks like Flanagan is moving up to 140. Some going that to manage to avoid having a single big fight at 135. And to think he was telling Garcia he couldnít fight him as the Linares fight was basically done a couple of days ago.

Seems a little out of his hands if W***** can't get anything signed up for him. Not as though he was overjoyed at having to face the fighters he has so far.

He would walk through Burns and Crolla but they are making alot more money than Flanagan.

Lets hope he can get a fight now he is up at 140.
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2017, 10:16:11 AM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2017, 03:53:38 PM »

Hard to believe that it would be that difficult to make the Linares fight though, even more so now he is based over here.

Based on who Flanagan has fought so far, I'm not convinced he walks through anyone.  His WBO reign has been almost as uninspiring as Cleverly's.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2017, 05:55:28 PM »

Hard to believe that it would be that difficult to make the Linares fight though, even more so now he is based over here.

Based on who Flanagan has fought so far, I'm not convinced he walks through anyone.  His WBO reign has been almost as uninspiring as Cleverly's.

Yeah his time as a lightweight titlist has been beyond disappointing. He looked good winning the title and he is a genuinely talented fighter who had the potential to mix it with anyone at the weight.

If weight issues have brought this move about then fair enough....but its ridiculous some of the matches that haven't been made at 135 for Flanagan. Him and Crolla was an absolute natural and absolutely should have been made. Crolla has at least been in with the likes of Linares and rolled the dice at 135, Turbo has yet to have anything close to a defining fight.

Not sure whose to blame for this or whether its just circumstances, but things need to improve at 140 in terms of his opposition or he'll go down as one of the most obscure world champs we've had and that'd be such a shame given the ability that he's got.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2017, 06:05:59 PM »

I can only imagine that if heís going to fight Mo Hooker as slated then they will be aiming for the vacant IBF title. But with Crawford at the top of the tree and the likes of Taylor and Catterall domestically Iím not sure heís going to make much of a dent in the division.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2017, 06:13:19 PM »

I can only imagine that if heís going to fight Mo Hooker as slated then they will be aiming for the vacant IBF title. But with Crawford at the top of the tree and the likes of Taylor and Catterall domestically Iím not sure heís going to make much of a dent in the division.

Crawford has relinquished his title and said he's now competing at welter....so I'm thinking picking up the vacant WBO strap in a fight against Hooker is the plan. He'll fit in at the weight I suppose and he should be able to beat Hooker, but its disappointing the fights he didn't compete in at 135. Really it must be weight issues bringing this about though because its not like 140 is an easy division.

If he can pick up the vacant strap then I'd imagine W***** will try make a Catterall fight as he's got them both.

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2017, 06:25:11 PM »

Ah, of course, Iíd forgotten that Crawford had vacated the WBO.
Goldenboy87
Executive Member

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2017, 10:51:50 AM »

I appreciate certain fighters do dodge the big fights but they tend to be the guys raking in the cash or maybe a Stevenson who gets a good following in Canada so happy to just keep fighting mandatory fights and handpicked voluntary defences.

Flanagan is the complete opposite, he has been dodged all the way up to being a World Champion because unfortunately for him he brings bugger all to the table in terms of money.

Not sure what people are expecting from Flanagan he doesn't want to be fighting Petrov for little money, he's spoken about his frustrations plenty of times.

In my opinion at least he beats Crolla and Burns with ease, but looks like we won't find out unfortunately.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2017, 12:01:54 PM »

Iíd favour Crolla to beat him and wouldnít write a past his best Burns off against him. Both have been competitive with elite fighters and beaten very good ones whereas we donít know how Flanagan fairs against above average opposition.

He had the title long enough to engineer a decent fight with it but in typical W***** fighter fashion seemed happy to do his talking from the sidelines rather than in the ring to make it happen. Although it doesnít help that he has less personality than my right boot.
Goldenboy87
Executive Member

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2017, 05:36:59 PM »

Iíd favour Crolla to beat him and wouldnít write a past his best Burns off against him. Both have been competitive with elite fighters and beaten very good ones whereas we donít know how Flanagan fairs against above average opposition.

He had the title long enough to engineer a decent fight with it but in typical W***** fighter fashion seemed happy to do his talking from the sidelines rather than in the ring to make it happen. Although it doesnít help that he has less personality than my right boot.

As much as I like Crolla I donít see Flanagan losing that fight. Burns is just not even worth discussing anymore.

Again how you blame Flanagan for fights not being made I donít know. Anyway I think we will have to agree to disagree on this subject.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2017, 08:04:24 PM »

Am I right in thinking that neither DeGale or Shelby have opponent names yet? Say what you want about Hearn but he doesnít give you world champions v TBA with less than a month to the event.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2017, 02:03:43 PM »

Not overly fussed about the Frampton fight tonight other than seeing if there have been any adjustments under Moore.

Really looking forward to the Conlon fight though. I canít see him doing it but have no doubt he will give it his all.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: