LiveFight
January 23, 2018, 09:54:24 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frampton signs with W***** and BT Sport!  (Read 3741 times)
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2017, 09:00:23 PM »

Not overly fussed about the Frampton fight tonight other than seeing if there have been any adjustments under Moore.

Really looking forward to the Conlon fight though. I can’t see him doing it but have no doubt he will give it his all.
Anyone else watching? Been a really good night of boxing so far
LiveFight
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2017, 09:00:23 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2017, 09:11:11 PM »

I am. That shot from Tete!
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2017, 09:39:43 PM »

Great card
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2017, 10:21:55 PM »

Conlon is hard as anything. Clearly too big a step for him but there’s no quit in him.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2017, 10:23:38 PM »

Difficult to watch that was.
LiveFight
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2017, 10:23:38 PM »

legs

« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2017, 10:26:37 PM »

Difficult to watch that was.

Agreed he got tore to pieces I thought his corner should have took him out a round or so earlier he was never going to win and was taking some big punches.
legs

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2017, 11:20:52 PM »

Tougher fight for Frampton than I expected
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2017, 12:02:40 AM »

Gruelling fight for Frampton....but in fairness he won't meet many fighters who'll be able to handle some of the bombs he landed on that guy. They'd have put the vast majority of 126 pounders on the floor or at the very least forced them to give ground......but that guy looked virtually impervious to punishment.

Hard to gauge really. Has Framton lost a step? Or was it just a case of shedding rust against a genuinely very tough opponent. I lean towards the latter. I think that fella would be a serious handful for anybody and coming back off a lay off I think Frampton's performance was okay. But his rivals will take comfort from things in that fight. There are certainly some interesting fights to be made at featherweight.
dmp
Executive Member

« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2017, 12:03:40 AM »

a very good night of boxing framton realy had his hand s full with garcia
2 rnds more Huh?
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2017, 08:10:19 AM »

Cracking night of boxing. Frampton didn't look great and I think judging by his interview he under estimated Garcia

Sounds like quigg is going to sign with W***** and bt as well
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2017, 12:32:37 PM »

Did anyone else see Anthony Dirrell pull the classic Dirrell brother quit job last night against Douglin?
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2017, 01:36:05 PM »

Odd fight from Frampton, 4 rounds doing what he wanted then 6 doing what he had to do. Here's hoping that was one to shed rust as his fitness looked far from convincing.

Tete is a beast!

Team Groves
wbamitch

« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2017, 03:58:06 PM »

Tough 10 rounder for Frampton which was good to see rather than a blowout, there were spells of concern, more so with fatigue beating him. There were doubts coming in with Frampton's power but I think Garcia was a very big guy with a great chin, I think a lot of other guys would have at least been forced to take a step back never mind being hurt by some of the shots Frampton was landing.

Frampton didn't seem to have lost any skills, a nice variety of shots and as I've mentioned they did look to have a lot of pop on them but Garcia is just one of those guys. Certainly it appears Frampton may have underestimated that part of his game and he was very clever to hold a lot towards the end, particularly in the last round that I thought it was important for him to win, which he did. It turned out to be an important and beneficial step for him, hopefully he is better conditioned next time out and you definately see him still being right up there and challenging the best, I would like the 3rd Santa Cruz match which is very hard to call, there are a fair few other options for him too.

Tete/Burnett, I want to see that fight!
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2017, 04:22:51 PM »

Tete is a superb fighter but I fear that he'll never get to feature in the fights his talent deserves.....I cannot see Booth and Matchroom letting Ryan Burnett go anywhere near Tete. Burnett is good but Tete is better and would relieve him of his titles and very possibly in a damaging fashion.

W***** needs to earn his money now with Tete, he has to do what is necessary to get this guy big fights.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2017, 09:33:18 PM »

Anyone see any similarities between last night and Hatton's homecoming against lazcano. Coming off a first defeat, new trainer, "tougher" opponent than what they thought that they struggle to get through. Could this be the start of a downward slide for frampton?
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: