LiveFight
November 24, 2017, 04:21:31 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WASTED TALENTS, NEARLY MEN AND CAREER WASTAGE  (Read 711 times)
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 08:25:02 PM »

From these shores I would say naz as there is always a feeling of how much he could have achieved. Still think Hatton could have done more if he hadn't constantly ballooned in weight as well
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 08:25:02 PM »

Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2017, 11:11:56 PM »

Dmitry Pirog
Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 03:30:35 PM »

I have 2 that crop up Paul Spadafora and Harry Simon . Spadafora was a bit of a animal wouldn't think twice of pulling a knife and a gun out to settle a argument and spent long terms in and out of prison. Add to the fact he was a big drinker and liked a line he wasted many years of his career away when he obviously had the talent to achieve far more than he had actually done. His fights with Manfredy and Dorin were very good in top shape he could have given anyone a real fight. He supposedly knocked Mayweather pillar to post in a few spar sessions one of which was on youtube.
Simon was another that wasted years when he was approaching the top of his career to F*ck it up and do prison sentences. He was very underrated and after speaking to Wayne Alexander once he told me Simon was a very good fighter who should have been amongst the elites. You know the guy had talent when he once beat Winky Wright and he last fought in 2016 aged 43 and he is still undefeated in 30 fights but he will never be in a position now to kick and fulfill that early promise he showed nearly 20 years ago.

bigbibbs

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2017, 08:06:05 PM »

Good shout I recall that fight with anderson it was a belter.
 :
Scotland's had a few decent fighters that came short, Kevin Anderson was doing well - and his fight with Young Mutley was one of the best scraps I recall.

But then he lost his way, was defeated by McIntrye and then disappeared.

Willie Limmond came close to a massive upset with Khan and was very unlucky that night. Fought Morales etc.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: