LiveFight
November 24, 2017, 04:41:49 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IBHOF 2018  (Read 518 times)
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: October 10, 2017, 10:26:33 AM »

Really strong line up of first time eligible fighters this year with Erik Morales, Ronald “Winky” Wright, Ivan Calderon, Rosendo Alvarez and Ricky Hatton all on the ballot for the first time.

I think Morales has to be nailed on to get in first time with wins over the likes of Pacquiao, Barrera, McCullouch, Junior Jones, Kelley, etc as well as being a four weight world champion.

Hatton is a tough one.  He obviously had the big win over Tszyu and a good amount of victories over 'decent' opponents but came up short in the two biggest fights of his career.  Whilst he's one of my favourite fighters, I think he'll probably struggle to get in next year but will probably make it in the future when the competition perhaps isn't so strong.  Although there is the chance that the element of the fans making his fights such an occasion could come into play in a way it can't for the likes of Winky and Calderon.
LiveFight
« on: October 10, 2017, 10:26:33 AM »

jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 10:49:11 AM »

Vitali Klitschko is on for the first time this year as well
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 11:14:22 AM »

Vitali Klitschko is on for the first time this year as well

Good shout, I missed that.  It think Vitali is probably on a par with Hatton for me in terms of getting in.  Whilst he ruled the division for a time, he was beaten by Lewis and the competition thereafter wasn't particularly notable. 
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 11:27:12 AM »

Good shout, I missed that.  It think Vitali is probably on a par with Hatton for me in terms of getting in.  Whilst he ruled the division for a time, he was beaten by Lewis and the competition thereafter wasn't particularly notable. 

Both did huge fan numbers. Very very popular fighters.

Stallone is in it FFS
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 12:53:10 PM »

Both did huge fan numbers. Very very popular fighters.

Stallone is in it FFS

He beat creed, drago, T, whats the issue
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 12:53:10 PM »

jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 01:21:45 PM »

I think there is a fair bit of difference in Hatton's defeats to Manny & Floyd as opposed to Vitali being stopped on cuts v Lennox when he was ahead on the cards
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 01:47:50 PM »

Yeah and he did Gunn on the streets then came back at  about 86 years old and gave the champ all he could handle....not to mention he mentored Apollo's lad to glory whilst suffering from a life threatening illness. I've no doubt we'll see him get a second induction as a trainer in the future!!

Back to the main topic......Hatton definitely deserves in, a fanbase pretty much like no other. 2 weight champion. Stoppage wins over ATG's in Tszyu and Castillo. Add to that wins over the likes of Malignaggi, Phillips, etc. He deserves a spot.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 01:49:39 PM »

I think there is a fair bit of difference in Hatton's defeats to Manny & Floyd as opposed to Vitali being stopped on cuts v Lennox when he was ahead on the cards

He was only two points up in a twelve round fight and was stopped because Lewis had punched a hole in his face.  There was nothing controversial about it and a stoppage loss is a stoppage loss.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 03:00:48 PM »

He was only two points up in a twelve round fight and was stopped because Lewis had punched a hole in his face.  There was nothing controversial about it and a stoppage loss is a stoppage loss.
Not saying it was controversial at all but very different to both Hatton's losses. Ricky is a definite for Hall of Fame but not sure it will be first time
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 03:30:15 PM »

I think Hatton should get in first time. He brought something to the game that the Americans had never seen before. Literally a sea of fans would follow him to Vegas and create the best atmosphere they’ve ever witnessed. Nothing like that came before or will come again. How many fighters in history can you say that about?
cowboy55
the court jester supreme
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 03:39:33 PM »

while I like the new card of possibilities I take issue with the HOFand the writers who are responsible.MY grandfather,Pete"The Grey Fox" Reilly has never been included or considered.He was a manager/promoter/guide&innovator in the sport from the late 1910s thru to his death in 1951.He had many great fighters(Jack Sharkey,Freddie Miller,Kid Chocolate to name a few) and was instrumental in the arranging of the first Louis/Schmeling fight.HIs lack of consideration irks the shit out of me and until I see his name up there where it belongs I have no respect for the Hall or the writers.NUFF SIAD Angry

god bless ya Larry Costa-running laps in that track in the sky&remember all the little dudes-they're what it's all about mateys
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 04:30:34 PM »

In Stallone defence the Rocky movies were a big part in the rise of boxing. Isn’t that clown Cortez also HOF?
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 05:48:22 PM »

Great wins however for me he beat Creed on points during the first fight and was robbed by the judges score cards.

A Slice of Life
dmp
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 09:03:38 PM »

I think Hatton should get in first time. He brought something to the game that the Americans had never seen before. Literally a sea of fans would follow him to Vegas and create the best atmosphere they’ve ever witnessed. Nothing like that came before or will come again. How many fighters in history can you say that about?

football fans thats all
tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 11:42:39 AM »

It's a very strong list to pick 3 fighters for this year, apparently this is the leaked list;

Yuri Arbachakov, Paulie Ayala, Nigel Benn, Ivan Calderon, Sot Chitalada, Donald Curry, Chris Eubank, Leo Gamez, Ricky Hatton, Genero Hernandez, Julian Jackson, Vitali Klitschko, Santos Lacier, Rocky Lockridge, Miguel "Happy" Lora, James "Buddy" McGirt, Henry Maske, Dariusz Michalczewski, Sung-Kil Moon, Michael Moorer, Erik Morales, Orzubek "Gussie" Nazarov, Sven Ottke, Vinny Pazienza, Gilberto Roman, Gianfranco Rosi, Samuel Serrano, Meldrick Taylor, Fernando Vargas, Wilfredo Vazquez, Ratanapol Sor Vorapin, Ronald "Winky" Wright.

Morales is a lock for me, so there's a hell of an argument amongst 2 other picks. Hatton, Wright, Vargas, Klitchko, Pasienza

I've always wanted to got the this, if Hatton is a pick it may well convince me, apparently it's not the easiest place to get to or find accommodation for though. And with memorabilia auctions etc il need a few quid in the bank too haha
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: