LiveFight
November 23, 2017, 09:31:59 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chris Eubank Jnr Vs George Groves  (Read 2373 times)
k_kayes and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: October 11, 2017, 10:09:31 AM »

It looks like this fight is going to happen after Groves beats Cox ( most likely outcome ). Its clear to me a lot of what the Eubanks do and I'll include Snr in this is for show it's part of some sort of elaborate act. However its becoming clear Jnr is putting in the graft in the gym and has developed in to a really good boxer and his power looks to be developing.

This fight when it happens next year I think could end up being a classic I tend to think Jnr just has to much hand speed and at times great movement for George. What's everyones thoughts on the bout?

A Slice of Life
LiveFight
« on: October 11, 2017, 10:09:31 AM »

Goldenboy87
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 10:20:42 AM »

It looks like this fight is going to happen after Groves beats Cox ( most likely outcome ). Its clear to me a lot of what the Eubanks do and I'll include Snr in this is for show it's part of some sort of elaborate act. However its becoming clear Jnr is putting in the graft in the gym and has developed in to a really good boxer and his power looks to be developing.

This fight when it happens next year I think could end up being a classic I tend to think Jnr just has to much hand speed and at times great movement for George. What's everyones thoughts on the bout?

Eubank Jr has always been a very good fighter and inevitably in my mind will win a World Title no problem, just whether he can mix it with the elite fighters will be the big test for him.

Groves will be an excellent fight for him and the British Fight fans, so hoping Groves can come through the Cox fight personally.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 10:24:41 AM »

They are talking about Stamford Bridge in January, surely nobody thinks outside in January is a good idea.

I'm not convinced about Eubank Jnr's power. Saturday looked good but I'm not sure he was up against much. The Groves fight will tell us a lot more. Good fight that and then hopefully the winner v Callum Smith (who I think might be the weakest out the 3)
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 11:42:54 AM »

I think Groves loses to Eubank personally.

It wont be outdoors in Jan, not a chance in hell.
legs

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 12:10:25 PM »

I agree Faulks this fight will take place at O2 Arena as both are from down that way  Grin

Not sure who wins this really Eubank is improving but that guy on Saturday was hopeless Groves will really test him and I look forward to it as it could be a classic
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 12:10:25 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 02:34:29 PM »

Good fight if Groves comes through Cox.  It will represent a big step up at 168 for Eubank Jr facing a live world level fighter who is natural at the weight and won't be stood there in front of him.

I'm sure this will do decent numbers for tickets but imagine that if they had done both Eubank and Groves quarter final fights free to air they'd have drawn in a lot more PPV buys for this.
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 10:47:39 PM »

Great fight.....Eubank has too much speed too much chin and I'd bet a much better gas tank.

Eubank via decision. Cracking fight though
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 07:41:26 AM »

Great fight.....Eubank has too much speed too much chin and I'd bet a much better gas tank.

Eubank via decision. Cracking fight though

I wouldn't be so certain on the gas tank aspect.  Don't forget how he fought against BJS and since then he has only had to fight at his own pace against guys who were never going to be able to hit him as hard as Groves will.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 08:18:51 AM »

I wouldn't be so certain on the gas tank aspect.  Don't forget how he fought against BJS and since then he has only had to fight at his own pace against guys who were never going to be able to hit him as hard as Groves will.

Does Groves not tend to flag back end of fights? Or would you say it was just against Carl/ inexperience/gassed a little
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 08:32:08 AM »

Does Groves not tend to flag back end of fights? Or would you say it was just against Carl/ inexperience/gassed a little

I don't think that Groves has the best stamina going, I'm just not convinced that Eubank Jr's is any better given how much he held himself back against BJS.  Maybe the extra weight will help Eubank a little but he never seemed massive at 160.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 10:55:20 AM »

There’s been question marks over both guys has tanks....can only see this being a great fight though. Hopefully it comes off.
bigbibbs

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 05:11:38 PM »

Is groves getting past cox? That's what I want to know.
Cox has excellent hand sped and power so it's not a done deal yet.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 05:35:02 PM »

This is true
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2017, 05:36:49 PM »

Who’s he shown this speed and power against though? Groves was having harder tests inside 5 fights than Cox has to date.
Goldenboy87
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 08:11:27 AM »

Who’s he shown this speed and power against though? Groves was having harder tests inside 5 fights than Cox has to date.

Agreed, Jamie Cox has literally not fought anyone worth mentioning so far. Just literally skipped straight past British & European level to fight one of the best Super Middleweights in the World.

Just don't see anything other than a stoppage win for Groves myself.
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: