LiveFight
November 24, 2017, 12:20:52 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chris Eubank Jnr Vs George Groves  (Read 2482 times)
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2017, 09:31:28 PM »

It was levels all night long. Commentators seemed to be ignoring all of Groves clean punches. Eubanks face after the body shot was a picture.
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2017, 09:31:28 PM »

legs

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2017, 10:05:50 PM »

It was a good fight as both came to fight I felt Groves would catch him with one as Cox just kept walking in.

Not sure how much Groves has in the tank though I think Eubank Jnr and Groves is going to be a cracker too.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2017, 10:41:43 PM »

If ITV had put both Groves and Eubank on free to air for their quarters they’d have been raking it in for the fight between them in this series on PPV.
Goldenboy87
Executive Member

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2017, 11:05:59 PM »

As expected Groves just on a different level to Cox. Fighting nobody prior to this fight doesn’t help Cox, just not even challenged himself.

Groves was beating very good fighters in his 8th/9th fight and Cox has fought nobody at all.

Anyway excellent fight lined up between Groves and Eubank Jr
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2017, 06:02:38 AM »

If ITV had put both Groves and Eubank on free to air for their quarters they’d have been raking it in for the fight between them in this series on PPV.

I can't argue with you however there is a thought they have already put on good shows that's costing fans a tenner now people are used to paying they will likely pay more for the bigger fight. I think its also great to see someone finally challenging Sky in regard to PPV.

The fight is on and I fully expect it to be a classic if its fought at pace I think it will suit Eubank Jnr more George always looks to slow things down and box at range.

A Slice of Life
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2017, 06:02:38 AM »

willlywalllly
Executive Member

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2017, 07:43:33 AM »

can see it been a classic. the kind of fight where they will bring the best out of each other
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2017, 10:07:40 AM »

Be half tempted to go to this when there's a date time announced.

Expensive trip down London for the weekend but this one will warrant it
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2017, 12:13:48 PM »

I went to Wembley for this last night. Tickets were reasonably priced and got hotel near arena so no transport issues

John Ryder looked brilliant last night. Really good display. Why the ref didn't step in before the final 2 shots I don't know. He was out on his feet with his hands down

Groves looked a level above Cox which I think everyone knew going in but Cox gave it a real go. I thought the production was spot on from being bang on at 10pm to letting everyone know how long until it started

There was so many fights in the crowd. We got in just before the Ryder fight and counted 6 fights. We missed groves ko as we had to move out the way of the fight in the seats next to us and directly behind that must have involved 20 people. Security was very good in getting involved quickly

I hope they keep the Eubanks fight there and don't try for a stadium fight in January
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2017, 09:48:37 PM »

Seems like a ridiculous weekend for fights in crowds. Apparently a guy was stabbed to death at a show in Walsall.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2017, 10:06:25 PM »

Seems like a ridiculous weekend for fights in crowds. Apparently a guy was stabbed to death at a show in Walsall.

Just seen this, I use to work at the venue specifically for a couple of Frank W***** cards.

It’s not just the boxing crowds either, few mates were to cage warrior in Wales over weekend and they say that was just as bad.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2017, 07:04:39 AM »

I went to Wembley for this last night. Tickets were reasonably priced and got hotel near arena so no transport issues

John Ryder looked brilliant last night. Really good display. Why the ref didn't step in before the final 2 shots I don't know. He was out on his feet with his hands down

Groves looked a level above Cox which I think everyone knew going in but Cox gave it a real go. I thought the production was spot on from being bang on at 10pm to letting everyone know how long until it started

There was so many fights in the crowd. We got in just before the Ryder fight and counted 6 fights. We missed groves ko as we had to move out the way of the fight in the seats next to us and directly behind that must have involved 20 people. Security was very good in getting involved quickly

I hope they keep the Eubanks fight there and don't try for a stadium fight in January

The fights at shows lately is bordering the ridiculous.

I saw plenty of videos of it on twitter etc, complete arseholes with a pack mentality whom wouldn’t do half of that if on their own.

The coke & side-parting posse in their Zara jackets.

Sheep.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2017, 07:59:13 AM »

The fights at shows lately is bordering the ridiculous.

I saw plenty of videos of it on twitter etc, complete arseholes with a pack mentality whom wouldn’t do half of that if on their own.

The coke & side-parting posse in their Zara jackets.

Sheep.
That was exactly who started the major trouble on Saturday. Spilling beer on people and generally mouthing off. A couple of them did take a bit of pasting Saturday night. There was a bloke with his lad who was around 16 I would imagine who just managed to get out of the way. Women were also caught up in some of it as well
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2017, 08:33:34 AM »

It won’t be long before alcohol is banned at the bigger shows.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2017, 08:37:38 AM »

It won’t be long before alcohol is banned at the bigger shows.

I remember for a long time that you couldn't take a beer into the actual arena.  I can see it either going back to that (which isn't great as people just stay on the concourse drinking until the main event) or just banned as you say.  It would be a shame that a handful of idiots are ruining the nights of the vast majority who can have a beer and still behave themselves.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2017, 08:49:58 AM »

I remember for a long time that you couldn't take a beer into the actual arena.  I can see it either going back to that (which isn't great as people just stay on the concourse drinking until the main event) or just banned as you say.  It would be a shame that a handful of idiots are ruining the nights of the vast majority who can have a beer and still behave themselves.
Problem is it isn't just alcohol. Its amazing how many people were queing for the toilet cubicles Saturday night

They haven't even managed to control smoking in arena's 10 years after the smoking ban either
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: