LiveFight
November 23, 2017, 09:35:06 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Violence at Boxing  (Read 635 times)
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: October 16, 2017, 10:16:16 AM »

Following the posts on the Groves thread what is everyone's thoughts on what can be done?

I've never seen as many fights break out as I did Saturday night and considering there was 7k there at the most was quite shocking.

I can't see an alcohol ban happening as too much revenue would be lost. Coke also seems to be a big problem now judging by the ques for the cubicles. When someone is seen at ringside like on Sky taking coke it is clear it is a major issue

I'm not saying everyone has to behave like angels but it seems trouble is on the rise at boxing
LiveFight
« on: October 16, 2017, 10:16:16 AM »

cowboy55
the court jester supreme
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 10:41:12 AM »

hey Jaff-attend a fight at MSG.The ones in the stands are usually better than the ones in the ring Grin

god bless ya Larry Costa-running laps in that track in the sky&remember all the little dudes-they're what it's all about mateys
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 10:45:03 AM »

hey Jaff-attend a fight at MSG.The ones in the stands are usually better than the ones in the ring Grin
I went to Calzaghe v RJJ a few years ago and nothing kicked off there. When I have been to fights at MSG & MGM Grand it amazes me how Americans manage to que in an orderly fashion for the toilets and don't find the need to piss in plastic glasses on the concourse
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 11:03:30 AM »

I think generally overseas the atmosphere in general seems less tense.  Only time I've seen trouble abroad was instigated by Warrington's fans when he was on the undercard of Abraham v Smith in Berlin. 

Much more of an effort needs to be made to clamp down on the drug use as that certainly seems to be a catalyst for a lot of the problems with guys having a few lines and then thinking they are Muhammad I'm Hard Bruce Lee.  Then again, you see the state of Kalle Sauerland at the fight on Saturday and find it hard to believe that cracking down on coke use will be high up on some promoters agenda's.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 11:04:11 AM »

I went to Calzaghe v RJJ a few years ago and nothing kicked off there. When I have been to fights at MSG & MGM Grand it amazes me how Americans manage to que in an orderly fashion for the toilets and don't find the need to piss in plastic glasses on the concourse

Agree. just posted similart in other thread
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 11:04:11 AM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 11:20:42 AM »

Here's the poor sod murdered in Walsall stabbing incident - names as Reagan Asbury:

Alba
Executive Member

"For what is a man,What has he got ?"

@Albagary
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 01:47:00 PM »

Following the posts on the Groves thread what is everyone's thoughts on what can be done?

I've never seen as many fights break out as I did Saturday night and considering there was 7k there at the most was quite shocking.

I can't see an alcohol ban happening as too much revenue would be lost. Coke also seems to be a big problem now judging by the ques for the cubicles. When someone is seen at ringside like on Sky taking coke it is clear it is a major issue

I'm not saying everyone has to behave like angels but it seems trouble is on the rise at boxing

i would just stop having them in the south west of england, seems that no C**t down there can handle there gear or drink.

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 02:07:22 PM »

Here's the poor sod murdered in Walsall stabbing incident - names as Reagan Asbury:

You not have to be a certain age to get into these events? Looks about 12
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 08:40:42 PM »

You not have to be a certain age to get into these events? Looks about 12

17 I think mate.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 12:02:37 PM »

Who the F*ck goes to some boxing and finishes the night slicing some kids throat.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 08:25:56 AM »

I saw some try hard ask Hearn what time it was acceptable to start drinking for the AJ fight on Twitter.  He suggested 11am.  Very responsible given the current climate.
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 05:33:56 PM »

Who the F*ck goes to some boxing and finishes the night slicing some kids throat.

Casuals.  Simple as that.  So long as boxing continues to chase the Buck rather than perform as a serious sport, expect more and more trouble.  One of the reasons I don't go any more
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 06:52:00 PM »

Casuals.  Simple as that.  So long as boxing continues to chase the Buck rather than perform as a serious sport, expect more and more trouble.  One of the reasons I don't go any more

The other being the ability to make it past round 2 Cheesy
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2017, 07:08:45 PM »

Fair point, Im certain this topic will be going for a long time....Saturday will likely boost it a couple more pages.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: