LiveFight
November 19, 2017, 03:22:47 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend's Boxing 20-21.10.17  (Read 579 times)
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: October 20, 2017, 01:23:25 PM »

Another busy weekend of fights lined up.  Joe Joyce making his pro debut tonight in a respectable fight against Ian Lewison.  Burnett v ZZ should be a good one tomorrow as should Nurse v Catterall whilst Warrington continues to pretend that he wants to fight for a world title in front of Leeds idiots.  Gassiev v Wlodarczyk is being shown for free on the ITV Box Office channel as well.
LiveFight
« on: October 20, 2017, 01:23:25 PM »

AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 02:56:12 AM »

Warrington has no power and those around him know he loses at world level. That's why only Leeds pays attention to his career.

I have never seen anything of the guy Hatton promotes but Burnett looks very good so fancy him for the win in that.

Catterall vs Nurse is interesting, should be a good scrap.

Team Groves
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 09:25:07 AM »

ZZ reminds me very much of Hatton himself. I think he could cause Burnett a few problems with his pressure. Fair play to Burnett for taking a unification in his first defence.
wbamitch

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 07:49:50 PM »

Decent fights, I like the Nurse vs Catterall fight, Nurse seems to be the better boxer but he loses his concentration, this is the big fight for him, he can't afford to do it again. Curious to see his discipline in this built fight, I hope it gets attention off the Leeds crowd. A decent fight for Warrington to close the year, probably the last one before a big one which I think he will ultimately fall short in.

Burnett and ZZ (Ideal nickname) have both suddenly popped up with solid title victories, Hearn has done well to get a unification straight off the Haskins fight. It appears a very winnable fight for him as well although I didn't get chance to watch ZZ's title fight that I recorded this week.
wbamitch

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 08:06:20 PM »

Forgot to mention you have the controversial rematch of N'Dam and Murata, the winner of course has a belt but definitely puts themselves right in that group I think with Saunders and Lemieux for a possible unification fight.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 08:06:20 PM »

stinka

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 08:56:33 PM »

Joke decision to hyland
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 09:06:18 PM »

117-110 is just incompetence.
legs

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 09:07:39 PM »

Agreed lads seems like they were scared to go against the home fighter.

Looking forward to Burnett now be a good one I think
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2017, 09:37:07 PM »

Agreed lads seems like they were scared to go against the home fighter.

Looking forward to Burnett now be a good one I think
Reading the sky sports commentary if Burnett goes to score cards you know which way it will go
legs

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2017, 09:46:36 PM »

Reading the sky sports commentary if Burnett goes to score cards you know which way it will go

Haha I agree this one is pretty close so far can tell Zhakiyanov is trained by Hatton he isnít going away relentless pressure
legs

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2017, 10:10:56 PM »

First judge 11 rounds to one haha
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2017, 10:14:18 PM »

First judge 11 rounds to one haha
I'm not saying the decision was a robbery but those scorecards are a joke. It's happening far too often and not just on matchroom shows
legs

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2017, 10:21:50 PM »

I'm not saying the decision was a robbery but those scorecards are a joke. It's happening far too often and not just on matchroom shows

I agree mate 11-1 no chance I think Burnett won Iíd say 116-112 or 115-113 was about right

It is disgusting if honest I donít like to see this stuff doesnít matter who you want to win it has to be fair
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2017, 10:48:08 PM »

Awful cards, just awful.
wbamitch

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2017, 12:02:52 PM »

Clear win for Burnett for me, the cards were too wide, I think 115-113 is too close though. Impressed with Burnetts strength, he certainly matched the spite of his aggressive opponent which was not the game plan many expected, maybe he did make it harder for himself to prove a point in there.

I think at the moment you favour him against the other British fighters, whether that be a unification with McDonnell or Butler. The other champions are tough fights for him.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: