LiveFight
November 19, 2017, 03:21:39 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Building Joshua vs Wilder **Wilder v Stiverne SPOILER**  (Read 1995 times)
The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2017, 05:41:41 PM »

Fair enough, I did think about that. But that just makes his reluctance to fight Whyte all the more puzzling.

I'm not sure about any reluctance but Ortiz is higher ranked by the WBC and is/was the better opponent in my opinion, so naturally that was the fight to make.

Other than that with Wilder's ego he won't jump through any hoops to fight Joshua and nor should he have to.. it's the fight to make.

LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2017, 05:41:41 PM »

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2017, 07:29:10 PM »

I'm not sure about any reluctance but Ortiz is higher ranked by the WBC and is/was the better opponent in my opinion, so naturally that was the fight to make.

Other than that with Wilder's ego he won't jump through any hoops to fight Joshua and nor should he have to.. it's the fight to make.

I had no issue with the Ortiz fight....shame that one fell through.
But if Joshua takes on Parker, I don't see why Wilder is adverse to fighting Whyte in the meantime for a career high payday.

AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2017, 09:01:57 PM »

I had no issue with the Ortiz fight....shame that one fell through.
But if Joshua takes on Parker, I don't see why Wilder is adverse to fighting Whyte in the meantime for a career high payday.

Because he's pants and he knows he might lose to Whyte and then the even bigger Joshua payday.

Team Groves
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2017, 09:52:54 PM »

Because he's pants and he knows he might lose to Whyte and then the even bigger Joshua payday.

Yeah that's what I sort of think....Wilder doesn't have as much confidence as he likes to portray and something about Dillian Whyte gives him the jitters.
ScottMillwall
V.I.P
Executive Member

El Chocolatito

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2017, 01:19:53 PM »

Why doesn't Hearn make Parker fight an eliminator to fight Joshua? It's absolutely ridiculous that the WBC heavyweight champion of the world should fight Dillian Whyte (whose best win is Helenius) to get a chance to fight Joshua. It's clearly because he poses a real threat.

Also, Lou DiBella ain't holding things up. He's merely a mouthpiece for Haymon.
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2017, 01:19:53 PM »

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2017, 03:05:29 PM »

Why doesn't Hearn make Parker fight an eliminator to fight Joshua? It's absolutely ridiculous that the WBC heavyweight champion of the world should fight Dillian Whyte (whose best win is Helenius) to get a chance to fight Joshua. It's clearly because he poses a real threat.

I think the reason Hearn wants Wilder/Whyte to happen first is because he thinks it'll add value to Joshua/Wilder if the American can beat a fighter that the British PPV casuals know......and if Whyte pulled off the upset then great because a rematch would Joshua would naturally be big business.

Parker for his part.....did come to the UK to defend against Fury, albeit he looked terrible.

Joshua/Wilder could happen anytime now, but it could be made considerably bigger and that's what Hearn has an eye on.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2017, 05:08:46 PM »

Spot on.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2017, 08:51:16 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-5042073/Anthony-Joshua-vs-Deontay-Wilder-hits-stumbling-block.html

A Slice of Life
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2017, 09:00:59 AM »

WBC causing trouble again......6th and 12th fight each other and it serves as a final eliminator, they make the rules up as they go along. They don't want unification.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2017, 09:52:27 AM »

I still wouldn't be surprised to see Whyte end up as Wilder's mandatory after his win on Saturday being for the Silver title.  He was at #3 in the last rankings and Stiverne will drop down if he loses on Saturday and Ortiz will be out due to his PED test failure.
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2017, 10:05:09 AM »

Wilder has tried to fight top names and they have all pissed hot for PEDís. He obviously isnít worried about testing himself against top opposition. A low risk and low reward fight is the last thing he needs after all of the criticism he has received after his first five defenses. Granted, you canít hold it against him that the sport is full of drug cheats.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2017, 10:08:07 AM »

Wilder has tried to fight top names and they have all pissed hot for PEDís. He obviously isnít worried about testing himself against top opposition. A low risk and low reward fight is the last thing he needs after all of the criticism he has received after his first five defenses. Granted, you canít hold it against him that the sport is full of drug cheats.
I'd agree with that. Take out a 41 year old Wlad that Fury had beaten easily 18 months prior and there aren't any names on his record.

AJ has not signed to fight anyone near the calibre of Povetkin or Ortiz. I don't understand why people think Dillian Whyte is a step up from what Wilder has faced/is facing
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2017, 10:35:04 AM »

I'd agree with that. Take out a 41 year old Wlad that Fury had beaten easily 18 months prior and there aren't any names on his record.

AJ has not signed to fight anyone near the calibre of Povetkin or Ortiz. I don't understand why people think Dillian Whyte is a step up from what Wilder has faced/is facing

It's a bit disingenuous to disregard Wlad, notwithstanding he was coming off the Fury loss.  Wlad absolutely dominated Povetkin and Ortiz looked awful against Scott and Allen in back to back fights before Wilder signed to fight him.  Given the state of the division in general they weren't bad fights but in terms of calibre they are both a long way from Wlad.

I'd say Wilders handlers dropped the ball by not getting a deal done with Wlad once the wheels came off for Fury.  Allowing Eddie to get the deal done for the fight at Wembley meant Wilder was always going to behind AJ in the pecking order after he'd won.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2017, 04:26:31 PM »

Fair play to Wilder for the shape he comes in. 219lbs for a man of his height is very good. You'd be sick of the shape some heavyweights come into the ring in. They're blowing out of their hole after 3 rounds. It makes the heavyweight scene mostly very uninspiring. 

Looking forward to AJ/Wilder/Ortiz and possibly Fury.  
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2017, 06:19:23 AM »

Can we put a spoiler in the thread title with last nights result becoming known?

A Slice of Life
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: