LiveFight
November 20, 2017, 06:58:16 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Building Joshua vs Wilder **Wilder v Stiverne SPOILER**  (Read 2022 times)
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2017, 09:53:31 AM »

Can we put a spoiler in the thread title with last nights result becoming known?

Done
LiveFight
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2017, 09:53:31 AM »

The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2017, 10:02:48 AM »

Just seen on post press conference Wilder & Dibella have said no issues about the UK and will fight Joshua on the moon if necessary. Balls in Eddie Hearns court now, it's the fight to be made.

Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2017, 01:47:32 PM »

Done

Cheers bud,

A Slice of Life
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2017, 01:53:16 PM »

Based on the last two performances and taking into account styles I honestly think Wilder is all wrong for AJ, I listened to Hearn last night talking about what AJ said when he heard Wilders weight. I get the impression they are underestimating Wilder.
The way Wilder comes in will cause AJ problems he's lively quick throws from very awkward angles and he doesn't let an opponent settle.

I just can't see AJ being able to plod through the fight trying to establish the jab followed by the overhand right and doing so against Wilder in fairly straight lines. He would need to be on the money from the first bell and time this guy as he comes in and then who know's.

A Slice of Life
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2017, 01:55:07 PM »

Just seen on post press conference Wilder & Dibella have said no issues about the UK and will fight Joshua on the moon if necessary. Balls in Eddie Hearns court now, it's the fight to be made.

Let's hope it's sooner ather than later. If it's not too one sided you could see modern trilogy. No need to hide for years instead of opening up more opportunities. Smiley
LiveFight
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2017, 01:55:07 PM »

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2017, 04:47:38 PM »

Based on the last two performances and taking into account styles I honestly think Wilder is all wrong for AJ, I listened to Hearn last night talking about what AJ said when he heard Wilders weight. I get the impression they are underestimating Wilder.
The way Wilder comes in will cause AJ problems he's lively quick throws from very awkward angles and he doesn't let an opponent settle.

I just can't see AJ being able to plod through the fight trying to establish the jab followed by the overhand right and doing so against Wilder in fairly straight lines. He would need to be on the money from the first bell and time this guy as he comes in and then who know's.

Makes AJ's weight gain all the more worrying because Wilder despite being crude and raw is fast and powerful....and if this comes down to who can pull the trigger first.......

I don't like Joshua's comments post Wilder/Stiverne on social media where he and Hearn have referenced Wilder's relatively light weight and Joshua commented that he'll eat him.....f*cks sakes if Joshua thinks a 15 st man doesn't have the power to put his lights out then he's delusional. For all his faults one thing about Wilder that can't be doubted is his punching power!

Joshua 'should' beat Wilder, he should be able to exploit the holes in Wilder and knock him out. But if he keeps coming in looking like a bodybuilder then he's increasing Wilder's chances.

Don't think this fight will happen anytime soon though.....if Wilder wanted 7 million to fight Whyte then goodness only knows what kind of cash he's going to demand to fight Joshua. I have a feeling Wilder and his camp will shout their mouths off only to price themselves out when push comes to shove. But since Hearn is pretty transparent when it comes to talking about offers made etc....I guess we'll find out whose been reasonable/unreasonable etc.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2017, 06:12:22 PM »

Makes AJ's weight gain all the more worrying because Wilder despite being crude and raw is fast and powerful....and if this comes down to who can pull the trigger first.......

I don't like Joshua's comments post Wilder/Stiverne on social media where he and Hearn have referenced Wilder's relatively light weight and Joshua commented that he'll eat him.....f*cks sakes if Joshua thinks a 15 st man doesn't have the power to put his lights out then he's delusional. For all his faults one thing about Wilder that can't be doubted is his punching power!

Joshua 'should' beat Wilder, he should be able to exploit the holes in Wilder and knock him out. But if he keeps coming in looking like a bodybuilder then he's increasing Wilder's chances.

Don't think this fight will happen anytime soon though.....if Wilder wanted 7 million to fight Whyte then goodness only knows what kind of cash he's going to demand to fight Joshua. I have a feeling Wilder and his camp will shout their mouths off only to price themselves out when push comes to shove. But since Hearn is pretty transparent when it comes to talking about offers made etc....I guess we'll find out whose been reasonable/unreasonable etc.

Do you think that's purely based on cash or not wanting the fight?
The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2017, 06:42:31 PM »

It works both ways.. Hearn is just as likely to make Joshua v Bellew if Haye's body doesn't hold together enough than arrange the Wilder fight.

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2017, 07:38:26 PM »

Do you think that's purely based on cash or not wanting the fight?

I just think Wilder has a very inflated opinion of his worth. I think he fancies the fight but he'll be excessively greedy in negotiations and want a much bigger slice of the pie than his current worth warrants. Its whether Joshua and Hearn are prepared to overpay. How much is that WBC title worth to them? And how much are they prepared to overpay considering that Wilder is also a dangerous fight too?
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2017, 07:41:29 PM »

It works both ways.. Hearn is just as likely to make Joshua v Bellew if Haye's body doesn't hold together enough than arrange the Wilder fight.

That fight will never happen......Bellew would never fight Joshua, no way no how. He's said it many times and he simply doesn't need money enough at this point to just look for a payday in a fight he doesn't fancy.

Haye on the other hand is a possible option should he beat Bellew. That fight would sell.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2017, 07:52:29 PM »

I just think Wilder has a very inflated opinion of his worth. I think he fancies the fight but he'll be excessively greedy in negotiations and want a much bigger slice of the pie than his current worth warrants. Its whether Joshua and Hearn are prepared to overpay. How much is that WBC title worth to them? And how much are they prepared to overpay considering that Wilder is also a dangerous fight too?

You'd think that both sides should feel the pressure to make the fight.

Every other era made the defining fights of the time. The heavyweight scene isn't exactly awash with talent and they're already out of other people to fight.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2017, 08:28:39 PM »

You'd think that both sides should feel the pressure to make the fight.

Every other era made the defining fights of the time. The heavyweight scene isn't exactly awash with talent and they're already out of other people to fight.

Lewis/Bowe fell by the wayside because the American didn't fancy it.

I do think though that Wilder fancies his chances, its just how realistic will he be when it comes to negotiations.....but him wanting 7 million to fight Whyte isn't a promising omen.

Really both should be falling over themselves to get to Parker first and strengthen their position. That is especially true for Wilder, if he could get his hands on that WBO strap then his position would be bolstered massively. Perhaps we'll see a bidding war for a Parker fight get underway.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2017, 09:28:29 PM »

After his display against Fury Iím not sure Parker adds a huge amount now. Obviously it would be good to see a fight for the undisputed heavyweight championship but as things stand I donít think a win over Parker really ups the interest in AJ v Wilder at all.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2017, 08:33:18 AM »

After his display against Fury Iím not sure Parker adds a huge amount now. Obviously it would be good to see a fight for the undisputed heavyweight championship but as things stand I donít think a win over Parker really ups the interest in AJ v Wilder at all.

The win not so much, Parker has looked poor for 3 consecutive fights now.....but the WBO belt does matter.
That's Parker's bargaining chip and he knows it.
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2017, 11:41:49 AM »

Considering how much Stiverne was able to absorb in the first fight, the last performance by Wilder was impressive in that sense. He canít be blamed for his opponent showing up and looking like a fat f*ck.

If there is someone to expose Wilderís flaws and make him look ordinary, it would be Joshua. Still would love to see the fight though, because Wilder has that equalizer with his power and speed.

Could see it playing out like Hearns vs Hagler I. Wilder taking on the Hearns role and shooting everything in the first round. If he fails to make a dent, it would be tough to picture anything other than a Joshua win. Also huge chance of Wilder breaking his hand again against such a massive fighter like Joshua. To his credit, he has still thrown with relative power after obliterating his hand in past fights.

I think most of us would agree that this fight should be made. I think there will be enough money to make it happen. Might take one more fight each, but it can happen.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: