LiveFight
November 18, 2017, 04:37:27 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Smith v Williams 2  (Read 862 times)
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: November 06, 2017, 11:00:40 AM »

How does everyone see the rematch going?  Williams was certainly producing the better boxing last time out before the cut when Smith started to take over.  Williams will have the extra motivation after being stopped but I imagine it will be a close one if the fight stays free of head clashes.
LiveFight
« on: November 06, 2017, 11:00:40 AM »

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 11:50:50 AM »

How does everyone see the rematch going?  Williams was certainly producing the better boxing last time out before the cut when Smith started to take over.  Williams will have the extra motivation after being stopped but I imagine it will be a close one if the fight stays free of head clashes.

When is it? This coming weekend?
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 12:02:02 PM »

When is it? This coming weekend?

Yes mate, on Box Nation/BT.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 12:21:52 PM »

I fancy Williams this time. I think Smith had the one game plan last time and don't think he can change it this time round.

I also hope WIlliams wins as Smith acted like a cock after he won last time out
tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 12:28:58 PM »

As above I'm not convinced that Smith can do much better but I think Williams has some more development in him as long as he keeps his aggression in check.

I'm going up to Newcastle for this one, Ringside tickets for the same price as a dire Joshua ticket so worth it imo.

There's also the question marks over Smith making the weight too. Williams looks in fantastic shape from what I've seen.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 12:28:58 PM »

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 01:34:31 PM »

Smith didn't fight well last time as a result I think of underestimating the threat that Williams posed.....having said that he still won, and to be honest I think he was coming on and would have overhauled Williams even without Williams suffering the cut.

I know that Smith didn't fight upto his optimum, but I wonder if perhaps Williams did.
Smith was sluggish but did show composure to keep his cool when he got cut, whereas Williams didn't react well when he started to bleed. But I think the tide had turned anyway and the cut was sort of the final straw for him. If he'd still been in the ascendancy I don't think Lockett would have stopped it, but I think Lockett could see the writing was perhaps on the wall for his man.

Its an excellent matchup......Williams is a talented fighter, but I think that Smith is the more robust both mentally and physically. And I do think that Smith will come in with more respect this time and we'll see his intensity and performance levels ratcheted up. He'll still probably have some issues with Williams speed and boxing ability early on, but I think he'll start to get at him earlier and when the smoke clears he'll score another TKO somewhere between 8-11.
tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 01:59:45 PM »

I have also wondered if whether Lockett got things wrong by pulling Williams out and not asking for the doctor? Can the corner ask for The Doctor to judge whether the injury is severe enough to pull the fighter out>

If Doctor said fight over then Williams would have won on the scorecards by 1 round (unless the partial 10th round was scored to Smith).

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 04:56:01 PM »

I have also wondered if whether Lockett got things wrong by pulling Williams out and not asking for the doctor? Can the corner ask for The Doctor to judge whether the injury is severe enough to pull the fighter out>

If Doctor said fight over then Williams would have won on the scorecards by 1 round (unless the partial 10th round was scored to Smith).

Good point....Yeah they could have asked the doctor to take a look and let him make a ruling. I think Lockett initially thought it would still go the cards with the injury coming as a result of a butt, but because he made the decision and not the doctor or the referee then it went down as a corner retirement.

But they've got the rematch so both fighters get a chance to right perceived wrongs. I think it'll definitely be another good value scrap whichever way it goes.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 09:24:48 AM »

I went to the first one and met some Taffy off here. To be fair he was an good lad for a Welshman  Grin

I'llk watch this as i thought Williams did well last time out.  Perhaps Smith underestimated him.

We were gutted at the stoppage. The fights in the crowds were 'interesting' if i remeber rightly
tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 10:51:30 AM »

I went to the first one and met some Taffy off here. To be fair he was an good lad for a Welshman  Grin

I'llk watch this as i thought Williams did well last time out.  Perhaps Smith underestimated him.

We were gutted at the stoppage. The fights in the crowds were 'interesting' if i remeber rightly

Haha that was me mate, youíre not to bad for a manc either.

Crowd trouble was embarrassing donít know whatís wrong with these people if they want to fight get in the ring themselves.

Weíre going to this one as well but weíre ringside this time so hopefully away from any trouble, itís likely inevitable though. Security needs to be much better at these events.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 12:02:53 PM »

Haha that was me mate, youíre not to bad for a manc either.

Crowd trouble was embarrassing donít know whatís wrong with these people if they want to fight get in the ring themselves.

Weíre going to this one as well but weíre ringside this time so hopefully away from any trouble, itís likely inevitable though. Security needs to be much better at these events.

Was winding you up pal  Grin I knew it was  you ...

Should be a good occasion, ive not done a fight up there though the geordies are good for a laugh usually and the birds are mint, or the accent is anyway
tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2017, 08:23:28 AM »

Haha yeah Iím told itís a cracking night out,

The undercard isnít to bad as well itís at least somewhat competitive in comparison to the AJ Card a fortnight ago. 1/10 being the worst odds I can find for a home fighter.

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2017, 03:15:03 PM »

Gorman v Soltby and Leather v Foot both have the makings of decent fights on the undercard and with Taylor v Vazquez on C5 it should be a decent night of boxing.
dmp
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2017, 10:29:19 PM »

i cant wait for this  i hope dul  wins this
dul r8
tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2017, 06:08:55 PM »

Just been to the weigh in and smith looks very tight at the weight, especially compared to last time I saw Williams in the flesh and he looked tight. Williams looked very much the bigger guy.

Hoping for a dully win and gonna take a punt on the stoppage mid rounds.
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: