LiveFight
November 18, 2017, 06:38:03 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mikey Garcia  (Read 267 times)
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: November 09, 2017, 10:36:21 AM »

Just read that Garcia turned down a 50/50 offer to fight Linares on 27th January 2018 as he had a better financial offer for a fight on Showtime.

There's a lot to like about Garcia talent wise, but it seems his career is going the same way as Adrian Broner's.  He is somehow a three weight world champion without any really notable wins and after a couple of years out of the ring just seems content to pick up pay cheques instead of engaging in meaningful contests and looking to prove himself as the best in the division.
LiveFight
« on: November 09, 2017, 10:36:21 AM »

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 06:25:36 PM »

18month ago everyone was waiting to see who he’d fight, who he was gonna beat ..

Having haymon as your ‘adviser’ ‘ promotor’ ‘’manager’ or whatever the F*ck he is tends to have this effect on careers. 

Who’s looking out for him? I can’t work out who’s meant to be running things in Garcia’s career? Is he trying to look out for himself?
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 07:44:56 PM »

I didn’t think Mikey Garcia was advised by Haymon? I thought he was a free agent which is why he’s struggling for opponents. I read somewhere a few weeks ago that he’s turning down big money fights because the opponents promoter wanted options on him.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 08:04:44 PM »

I think he is a free agent but advised by Haymon who isn’t officially a promoter. Bar Floyd, it seems all Haymon does for the most part is advise guys how to tank their careers. He didn’t mention GB wanting options for the Linares fight. Seems more like he just wants a stack of money for another easy night which is the reason the PBC model has all but disappeared.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 10:34:25 AM »

I think he is a free agent but advised by Haymon who isn’t officially a promoter. Bar Floyd, it seems all Haymon does for the most part is advise guys how to tank their careers. He didn’t mention GB wanting options for the Linares fight. Seems more like he just wants a stack of money for another easy night which is the reason the PBC model has all but disappeared.

That’s what I thought, adviser (promoter then though not ‘officially) is a load of bollocks

He’s really screwed a lot up over there. Hundreds of Millions it’s los I read
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 10:34:25 AM »

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 05:32:20 PM »

Haymon has been an absolute boil on the sports arse for a few years now. How many fighters careers is this 'invisible' tosspot ruining? They'll never admit it, but he's messed up the careers of both DeGale and Selby. They were both penny wise pound foolish signing with him. He does nothing for a fighters profile, he's a complete waste of space.

Look at the state of Wilder's profile?! More people attended Joshua's weigh in than bothered going to watch Wilder's fight!

The sooner Haymon just p*sses off back to wherever he came from the better.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: