LiveFight
September 26, 2018, 03:40:43 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [VIDEO] Groves vs Eubank Jr full press conference  (Read 2119 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« on: November 28, 2017, 06:41:57 PM »

Full presser
LiveFight
« on: November 28, 2017, 06:41:57 PM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 10:04:06 AM »

The fight is a win-win for many onlookers.

Someone is losing their smugness , unless itís a draw or a point in it.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 10:19:20 AM »

It's almost hard to believe that Groves is only a year older than Eubank given the trajectories of their careers.  In some ways, that seems to make it more of a must win for Eubank given that he is still largely trading off his name and this is his first real 'big' fight.

There seem to be quite a few people online thinking that Jr walks this without having any solid foundations to base it on.  Groves is an entirely different proposition at 168 to Abraham and Quinlan.  I can't think that Eubank has faced a puncher at either 160 or 168 and one of the few certainties in this fight is that Groves has power.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 08:26:48 PM »

It's almost hard to believe that Groves is only a year older than Eubank given the trajectories of their careers.  In some ways, that seems to make it more of a must win for Eubank given that he is still largely trading off his name and this is his first real 'big' fight.

There seem to be quite a few people online thinking that Jr walks this without having any solid foundations to base it on.  Groves is an entirely different proposition at 168 to Abraham and Quinlan.  I can't think that Eubank has faced a puncher at either 160 or 168 and one of the few certainties in this fight is that Groves has power.

Looking at both fighters and having watched both fight, I just think Eubank is on the up and I have said before but his hand speed and punch selection are fantastic. I also like the way he seems far more confident in his stamina.

Groves has power and experience however he's never reached the heights he did during the first Froch fight. If the fight is slow paced and a bit of a slug match then Grove's might come into his own but I just see Eubank Jnr being to quick to high paced for Groves.

A Slice of Life
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 08:55:05 PM »

I do think that a lot will come down to who is able to fight at their preferred pace. But whilst Eubank does seem more confident in his stamina, he hasnít really face a guy who was going to put pressure on him since BJS and that was when he seemed to worry about his ability to fight a full twelve knowing it wouldnít be one way traffic.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 08:55:05 PM »

glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 09:16:33 PM »

is groves really that good? he gets a lot of praise on here, he is obviously a talent, but there is something missing.

i cant see him getting any better either, hes had a fairly hard career in many respects, whereas eubank has had an easier path so far.

Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 11:25:10 PM »

is groves really that good? he gets a lot of praise on here, he is obviously a talent, but there is something missing.

i cant see him getting any better either, hes had a fairly hard career in many respects, whereas eubank has had an easier path so far.

He hasnít had a hard career, he was flattened by a single punch in the second froch fight and had a pretty even 12 round scrap in the Badou Jack fight but outside of those fights he hasnít taken any sort of real punishment. What he has is experience in big championship fights. Something Eubank doesnít.
legs

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 09:18:11 AM »

I fancy Eubank Jnr slightly to win this one I am basing this on Groves last two fights he doesn't look to have that pace and snap he once did but I guess he will up his game against Jnr.

When I hear Groves & Degale speak nowdays they sound abit punch drunk to me which is a concern.

Whatever happens this is a proper 50/50 fight and I cannot wait to see it I wouldn't say i'm a huge fan of either so may the best man win.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 09:30:05 AM »

I fancy Eubank Jnr slightly to win this one I am basing this on Groves last two fights he doesn't look to have that pace and snap he once did but I guess he will up his game against Jnr.

When I hear Groves & Degale speak nowdays they sound abit punch drunk to me which is a concern.

Whatever happens this is a proper 50/50 fight and I cannot wait to see it I wouldn't say i'm a huge fan of either so may the best man win.

Both Chudinov and Cox have a much more aggressive approach to Eubank though.  And those fights ended with Chudinov on the verge of being battered senseless and Cox was folded in half with a brilliant body shot.
The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 11:14:46 AM »

Both Chudinov and Cox have a much more aggressive approach to Eubank though.  And those fights ended with Chudinov on the verge of being battered senseless and Cox was folded in half with a brilliant body shot.

They're also both shite..

You must have some idea what Eubank Jr would do to the dinosaur Felix Sturm who Chudinov went tooth and nail with twice.. and Cox had never stepped beyond pub fight level.

Groves only hope in this is that he can hurt Eubank Jr as every other attribute he comes second best by far.

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 11:48:01 AM »

They're also both shite..

You must have some idea what Eubank Jr would do to the dinosaur Felix Sturm who Chudinov went tooth and nail with twice.. and Cox had never stepped beyond pub fight level.

Groves only hope in this is that he can hurt Eubank Jr as every other attribute he comes second best by far.

Eubank Jr being better at everything based on what?  An extremely weak run at 160 where his best win was probably Chudinov's equally average brother.  Or his last two fights where he beat Yildrim (on par with Cox) and a shell of Abraham who no longer throws any punches and has never been a force at Super-Middle.

It's amazing how much credit people are giving Eubank despite him having never faced a guy who was genuine world class at the point he fought them.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 02:15:13 PM »

Eubank Jr being better at everything based on what?  An extremely weak run at 160 where his best win was probably Chudinov's equally average brother.  Or his last two fights where he beat Yildrim (on par with Cox) and a shell of Abraham who no longer throws any punches and has never been a force at Super-Middle.

It's amazing how much credit people are giving Eubank despite him having never faced a guy who was genuine world class at the point he fought them.
I agree with this. I think Eubank has talent but not sure why people are that confident he will beat groves based on what he has faced before
The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 02:49:34 PM »

On that basis what's Groves biggest win? Martin Murray maybe? Well that shell of Abraham you mentioned still beat him.

Eubank Jr better at everything based on my 2 eyes.. Groves looks increasingly cumbersome and easy to hit.. he'll be an easy target for Jr and the only equaliser he has is power 'if' it's enough.

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2017, 02:58:27 PM »

Iíd probably go with his win over current IBF champion DeGale who was looking every bit as good, if not better, than Eubank is now when Groves beat him.
The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2017, 06:37:00 PM »

Iíd probably go with his win over current IBF champion DeGale who was looking every bit as good, if not better, than Eubank is now when Groves beat him.

A couple of novice pro's, from a razor thin decision fight 6 years ago, that quite a few thought he lost? Reaching much?

To have your biggest win being for a British title 6 years on is embarrassing to say the least. Tavoris Cloud and Matt Macklin were top 3 rated fighters in there divisions back then to put things into perspective a lot can change in that time.

LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: