LiveFight
January 20, 2018, 09:23:36 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [VIDEO] Groves vs Eubank Jr full press conference  (Read 958 times)
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 07:50:03 PM »

The amount of time ago it was, nor the fact it was a close decision diminishes the standing of the win. He obviously went on to put in creditable performance against top level champions subsequently.

Unfortunately for you, none of what you say is relevant and is merely trying to distract from the fact that Eubank has no wins of consequence at any point in his career.
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 07:50:03 PM »

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2017, 09:01:57 PM »

Think the debate on this thread alone shows why this will be a must see fight. Opinions differ so dramatically on the outcome and the quality of the two fighters. I'm undecided up to yet.

On one hand I sort of fancy Eubank Jnr to really do a number on Groves who quite often looks vulnerable even in victories....but then when all is said and done, Groves usually gets the job done and often in vicious fashion. His vulnerability sort of works for him, opposition get a sniff of a win and then usually run onto something nasty. Groves has plenty of big fight experience, he has a superb jab and KO power.

Eubank for his part has looked to be an improving fighter, he's got loads of speed and plenty of moves. But its one thing being a flashy f*cker against opposition who were 'picked' to flatter Jnr's attributes. Quite another against an opponent who won't play ball. He didn't look so hot against BJS, though that was some time ago. But Groves is an acid test.

Certainly if Eubank gets gung ho on the attack he runs the risk of running onto big punches.....and how will he handle Groves jab which is a real weapon. Jnrs offense has kept recent opposition very much on the defensive, but they lacked the speed and explosiveness of Groves. So will Eubank look to a more cautious approach? Perhaps but then maybe he'll give Groves time and space to get his jab going and to settle into a rhythm.

I think this is a fight where their strengths and weaknesses perhaps play into each others hands.....Both seem very confident, so much at stake, the tension will build nicely and by fight time this will be a real edge of seat type super fight.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2017, 09:25:42 PM »

Groves wins this by a good few rds imo. Hell be well up by mid way and Eubank will windmill a few rds in the second half.
Eubank cant punch hard enough to keep a super middle off him, hes got fast hands but shit feet.

That daft old sod talking about him moving up again has gone potty!
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: