LiveFight
January 22, 2018, 08:48:12 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Price is back...again!  (Read 390 times)
glenn_user
Executive Member

« on: December 03, 2017, 10:03:53 PM »

looked as bad as ever, personally i give the fight to the other fella. but there we go. he managed 6 rounds, but sounded like he was about to drop dead in the interview afterwards. he continues to come across as a likeable enough guy, but hasnt addressed any of the issues he has.

it was free on IFL tv on youtube.
LiveFight
« on: December 03, 2017, 10:03:53 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 11:33:00 AM »

Just had a look at the record of the guy he beat and whilst he looks reasonably sturdy, he was stopped by both Whyte and Gorman.  If there was even the slightest hope that Price were to get back to British level I think he'd have done likewise.  I can't see where there is for Price to go now as I think even novice pro's like Dubois and Joyce would be heavily favoured over him. 
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 01:44:05 PM »

Price looked dreadful. His stamina issues are still clearly evident. If he got tagged it looked like he was just desperate to cling on.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 06:00:52 PM »

Price's main issue now is he has no faith in his chin or stamina and that leads him to fight likes he's just waiting for the axe to drop.

He is chinny, but that in itself wouldn't necessarily be the death knell for his career. Plenty of other chinny fighters have had success, particularly when they carry destructive power in their own fists like Price does. If he had a more devil may care attitude he'd still be a very dangerous opponent for anyone because his power is certainly for real and he's got some serious size and weaponary......But he's stopped committing to his punches now, he's not snapping the jab like he means it. He fights with a clear trepidation. He burns up a lot of nervous energy and fights like a 'victim' now.

Its a shame because he seems a genuinely nice man but its hard to see how he can come back successfully. What I will say is he's training with Derry Matthews now and Derry came back to have success after being written off as fragile, so he's got a great role model there. Maybe with a few wins his confidence will grow and he can find some form.....I doubt it, but I wish him well.
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 04:02:36 PM »

4 ROUND fighter at best. As long as the opponent lets him lay on him for 2 rounds.
  I'd love for him to go in and try to K.O. From the start. He has a punch that is equal to being kicked by a shire horse so use it.

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 04:02:36 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: