LiveFight
April 19, 2018, 09:59:34 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tyson Fury Free to Fight Again  (Read 727 times)
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: December 12, 2017, 04:13:39 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/dec/12/tyson-fury-free-to-fight-again-after-ukad-backdates-two-year-boxing-ban

Tyson Fury has been cleared to fight again immediately after receiving a two-year ban from boxing which has been backdated to December 2015, UK Anti-Doping (Ukad) has announced.

The Ukad statement read: ”Ukad, Tyson Fury and Hughie Fury have agreed to resolve the proceedings brought by Ukad (1) against Tyson Fury and Hughie Fury based on the reported presence of elevated levels of nandrolone metabolites in urine samples that they provided after their respective fights in February 2015; and (2) against Tyson Fury based on his alleged failure to provide a sample in September 2016.

“Ukad’s position is that the anti-doping rule violations it has asserted have been committed and the consequences set out in the Ukad rules should apply. Tyson and Hughie Fury’s position is that they have never knowingly or deliberately committed any anti-doping rule violation. In recognition of the respective counter-arguments and the risks inherent in the dispute resolution process, each side has accepted a compromise of its position.”
LiveFight
« on: December 12, 2017, 04:13:39 PM »

Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 06:38:47 PM »

Tyson is kidding himself on how much is showmanship on social media I have no idea but he's talking about shedding seven stone it doesn't matter who you are that takes months even the best part of a year. I genuinely have no idea how he'll do against the current heavyweights he does have a bit of movement to him. However does he beat Joshua, Whyte, Wilder etc not sure tbh.

A Slice of Life
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 08:03:18 PM »

Tyson is kidding himself on how much is showmanship on social media I have no idea but he's talking about shedding seven stone it doesn't matter who you are that takes months even the best part of a year. I genuinely have no idea how he'll do against the current heavyweights he does have a bit of movement to him. However does he beat Joshua, Whyte, Wilder etc not sure tbh.

Fury on form beats them all imo.

7 stones a lot though. Could do it in 6 months with strippers and diet, training though take some doing
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 11:25:46 PM »

when he started out he was obviously a talent, plus knew how to use his advantages, but he was not professional in any way shape or form. his dad seemed to be the big influence.

his uncle peter turned him into the fighter he became by making him take it seriously.

he now sounds like his dad again, not just his voice but the stuff he seems to come out with. he will struggle to shift that weight despite what he might think and i wonder if he isnt listening to a lot of garbage from some people close to him. 

just look at khan and hatton for family involvement ending up a total disaster.
Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 11:41:34 PM »

Its all over for him regardless of today he will get back into some shape and get a few big fights but believe me he as had his Everest moment and the demons won't allow to be the same fighter he was in Dusseldorf. Fury will never be the same he is far to easy led I can't say to much but don't expect him to be back long term and committed.

LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 11:41:34 PM »

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 12:28:19 AM »

when he started out he was obviously a talent, plus knew how to use his advantages, but he was not professional in any way shape or form. his dad seemed to be the big influence.

his uncle peter turned him into the fighter he became by making him take it seriously.

he now sounds like his dad again, not just his voice but the stuff he seems to come out with. he will struggle to shift that weight despite what he might think and i wonder if he isnt listening to a lot of garbage from some people close to him. 

just look at khan and hatton for family involvement ending up a total disaster.

Not professional ? He’s got bi polar.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 06:06:10 AM »

It’ll take him 2 years to get back to his best. 6-8 months to shift the weight, another 3-6 months for his body to perform properly at the weight. Then a year or 2-3 fights to get the sharpness back.

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 11:09:59 AM »

To play devil's advocate, he is still quite young - and if he's fit underneath that blubber, then it will probably melt off pretty fast.

His game has always been about using range, timing and being quite fleet footed - and it's thats what he needs to tune up.

Living the last two years in clubs and in dodgy parties might have gotten it out of his system. He may return and reign for a while, or he may fall apart again on a regular basis.

All of that aside, he beats Anthony Joshua unless he walks onto something. He is (or was) a far better boxer on his A-game than AJ is.

He clowned Klitchko at times and took his best punches, whereas it was life and death for AJ. Sure, Klit might have been more up for it but to be honest, Fury would have boxed him even easier if he did come into the ring 'up for it', like a bull and a matador. He'd have speared him with the long jab all night long even more so.
mattbaker1510

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 12:53:00 PM »

Key is to get back in the ring and sharpen up.  He probably needs a couple of easy quick fights while cutting weight to do this.  Don’t think diving in within AJ is the best long term option.  Making a quick buck maybe but not if  he is serious about returning
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 01:40:41 PM »

He's already lost 2 stone and despite being so fat its clear to see he's still very fluid, fast and natural. The weight won't be an issue, it'll literally melt off with correct nutrition coupled with training. He sticks to the program he'll comfortably be in a physical position to fight again by around April. A comfortable comeback fight and then something significant.

The big question is consistency....can he stay consistent in his mindset or will the wheels fall off his momentum?

Thing is before he was twiddling his thumbs aimlessly with no direction or plan, its no real wonder he went off the rails. Now he's got an obvious direction to take, huge fights to be made and huge money to put in his bank account. And he's still linear/Ring champion so has his legacy and place in history on the line. He has a lot of reasons to stay on the straight and narrow.

I think he will make it back, and I think he'll fit right in there with the current top men.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: