LiveFight
May 27, 2018, 07:43:25 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BJS Vs Lemieux  (Read 1199 times)
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: December 16, 2017, 04:05:07 PM »

Who does everyone fancy for the win tonight, its being shown on Boxnation not sure of the ring walk times.

A Slice of Life
LiveFight
« on: December 16, 2017, 04:05:07 PM »

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 06:32:15 PM »

Saunders should win but its a perilous fight.

Lemieux is very dangerous. Explosive, powerful and boxing in front of a home crowd. Saunders will need to be on his game and sharp as a tac, can't let Lemieux get any momentum going. Needs to box smartly but make Lemieux pay for mistakes as the Canadian tries to press to keep him contained.

In the past Saunders has faded going into the last quarter, but Lemieux has also shown a tendency to fade. Saunders fade in the past I attribute to a lack of tit top conditioning which should have been put right now he's active and training/eating properly with the Ingles. Lemieux's fade is probably a mixture of him having the fast twitch (punchers) muscle fibers and weight making issues. Of the two I think Saunders issues have been addressed better so I think he'll last the route more efficiently.......So the longer it goes the more comfortable I expect to feel as a fan hoping to see Saunders prevail.

But the early rounds will be edge of seat type stuff, this is where Lemieux roared on by his home crowd will be very dangerous and the threat will be huge. Saunders can't afford any slip ups for about 5 rounds while Lemieux is firing on all cylinders. Having said that Billy Joe shouldn't run, he needs to make an impression himself to stunt any momentum that Lemieux tries to get going.

I wouldn't be shocked to see either on the floor early doors, Either Lemieux finds Saunders with his power punching or he gets clipped with a counter from BJS which puts him over. I think the first 4-5 rounds will be very interesting and highly competitive and will set the scene for the rest of the contest. But when push comes to shove I expect to see Saunders cope with Lemieux's aggression early doors, counter him hard enough to put him in a box, and then I think the fight will become more comfortable the longer it goes with Lemieux getting wilder and more ragged as it goes deeper.

But not the sort of fight where the win can be taken for granted, this is a real title fight between 2 of the top men at the weight. Both are undoubtedly top 5 so this is quality competition with very high stakes.

wbamitch

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 09:48:18 PM »

Looking forward to this, chance for BJS to really cement himself as a serious player in the middleweight division. Lemieux is just below the very top group but is a proven contender whereas Saunders even with the belt, the sporadic defences have put him out the picture. This will definately put him in contention for those huge fights with GGG/Canelo.

This is a biggie though, Saunders has the skills and looks in the best shape I have seen him in, Lemieux not so much but he is a massive threat.

A great breakdown of the fight in the previous post which holds a lot of the thoughts I have so I don't need to go too much into it this time.

Pleased to have a big significant fight to the end year on, intrigued to see BJS focus in this one, rooting for him to be right on point which I think will see him through, some possible problems early on but I'm going to go for him to take it on points, bit of a worry about the judging though.

Those first five rounds are certainly going to be very tense!
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 04:57:10 AM »

This is a flawless performance so far
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 05:49:39 AM »

That was a masterful performance. I'm proud of the way that Saunders fought that fight as a Brit away from home. He was brilliant and actually still fought within himself. He'd have stopped Lemieux if he'd put his foot down, but wisely took no risks and never gave Lemieux a hope in hell.

Made Lemieux look like crap and no threat at all, but that guy can really bang....'if' given a chance to get set. But Billy Joe's movement never allowed Lemieux to get set to unleash with any power. Hovering just out of range and then stinging Lemieux with counters and sneak leads. Broke his heart and resolve and bust him up without taking any risks. It was a perfectly executed plan.

On that form he has the potential to compete and possibly beat anyone at the weight. As he said afterwards that kind of performance could frighten the big names off.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 05:49:39 AM »

stinka

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 09:21:17 AM »

Absolutely world class performance, total boss. 120-108 was the correct score. He was like a southpaw mayweather.
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 09:37:16 AM »

Don't know whether to judge that as an outstanding performance or simply a case of there being a major gulf in class between the two of them, but that's undoubtedly the best BJS performance I've seen. Total dominance from start to finish. Higher calibre opposition clearly brings more out of BJS so let's see him in some big fights next year, hopefully the GGG/Canelo winner at some point in 2018.

Really enjoyed his performance last night.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 09:07:37 AM »

I call it KO by Lemieux  Shocked

Great performance, looked in great shape, got to give the trainer massive credit for his work
wbamitch

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 12:33:16 PM »

Have to add that was a virtuoso performance by BJS, really puts his name up there for the other middleweights to stand and take notice, he's a real threat if he maintains his discipline.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: