LiveFight
September 20, 2018, 05:34:11 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amir Khan signs with Matchroom  (Read 1258 times)
jorg21
Executive Member

« on: January 11, 2018, 01:37:07 AM »

I'm surprised no one's made a thread about this on here.

Very surprising choice by Amir considering the tensions on both sides in the past, will be interesting to see who he fights april 21st and beyond.
LiveFight
« on: January 11, 2018, 01:37:07 AM »

Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 07:40:23 AM »

Carson Jones, Broner, Brook
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 08:52:45 AM »

I imagine that it's difficult for people to get particularly excited about this.  The fight in April will be Khan's sixth in the space of five years and nearly two years since he fought Alvarez. 

I can see why Eddie signed him as Khan is still a relatively 'big' name and he will probably still look to make the Brook fight even though it doesn't hold anywhere near the interest it once would have done.  Seems a strange choice to schedule his comeback for the same night Frampton is fighting Donaire in Belfast though.
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 02:58:10 PM »

I imagine that it's difficult for people to get particularly excited about this.  The fight in April will be Khan's sixth in the space of five years and nearly two years since he fought Alvarez. 

I can see why Eddie signed him as Khan is still a relatively 'big' name and he will probably still look to make the Brook fight even though it doesn't hold anywhere near the interest it once would have done.  Seems a strange choice to schedule his comeback for the same night Frampton is fighting Donaire in Belfast though.

Quite right!  I think the name Khan has most folk rolling their eyes and yawning these days!   Roll Eyes
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 06:26:23 PM »

I think Khan still have something to offer from a boxing point of view. He's only 31 and is seldom in a boring fight which rightly or wrongly has attracted a following over the years. If he can box a couple of comeback fights then a Brook fight if both keep winning builds momentum again.

If its Khan of old I think possible he would beat Brook, I think from a boxing style he troubles Kell if he fights from range and moves.

A Slice of Life
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 06:26:23 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 12:16:55 PM »

Just been confirmed that Khan will be facing Phil Lo Greco.  A solid enough opponent for a comeback fight I guess but I imagine that FW will be pleased as there should be much more interest in Frampton v Donaire.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 02:02:43 PM »

Khan is ready for the scrap heap.

His heyday was around the Haye, Froch, Cleverly era - and they have all wrapped up now apart from Haye (whom might as well have)

His big fight should have been Brook about 2 years ago, but now that's stale and won't be filling Wembley anymore.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 07:28:28 PM »

Iíve never seen/heard of this Phil Lo Greco but wasnít expecting any world beaters in his comeback.

Is Khan still with Virgil Hunter?
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 10:30:27 PM »

His heyday was around the Haye, Froch, Cleverly era - and they have all wrapped up now apart from Haye (whom might as well have)

His big fight should have been Brook about 2 years ago, but now that's stale and won't be filling Wembley anymore.

Completely agree.
Khan will not last 2 fights before retirement (will want to spend time with his family - guessing this will be the line used). He may well get dropped by this Canadian bloke.

Haye wonít make it through camp again.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 08:29:02 AM »

Iíve never seen/heard of this Phil Lo Greco but wasnít expecting any world beaters in his comeback.

Is Khan still with Virgil Hunter?

He was on a few undercards in Vegas a few years back and has fought Spence and Porter.  In theory, he shouldn't have anything to particularly trouble Khan but then again, he managed to make hard work of Julio Diaz.

Hunter has probably forgotten who he is given that he hasn't been in the gym for so long but as far as I know he's still with him.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2018, 09:51:55 AM »

Totally agree. Him and Haye are only there for pay days now. I still expect Khan v Brook to happen but probably at O2 or MEN now. If Haye manages to beat Bellew I actually still expect him and AJ to happen as well though
bigbibbs

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 06:59:33 PM »

Khan might not get past this guy lo groco or whats he called.
Out of the ring for so long even counting the ko by alvarez
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: