LiveFight
April 26, 2018, 04:17:05 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joshua v Parker 31.03.18  (Read 2519 times)
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: January 14, 2018, 11:00:33 AM »

Just been confirmed for Cardiff. Could be a good year in the heavyweight division with hopefully the winner of this and the winner of Wilder v Ortiz meeting around September time.
LiveFight
« on: January 14, 2018, 11:00:33 AM »

bigbibbs

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 09:59:15 PM »

Bets on this one going past four rounds.
Outside of wilder and fury I don't know any names that can trouble aj.
There must be a good all rounder out there who can give him a good fight though.
If there is someone who can move and punch with stamina it's still going to be anyone's fight.
Depending on what fury shows up with on his comeback he might have it.
Bermondsey Boy

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 08:40:39 AM »

Parker is bang average. He looked awful against young Fury, double awful.

I'd be amazed if this goes beyond 4 rounds too.

Parker has won the lottery.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 10:16:19 AM »

We've seen Parker's level in his last 3 fights, he's mediocre....having said that he was in with slippery, spoiler types.
Joshua will come out and look to have a fight so he'll give Parker a chance to have an uncomplicated dust up. And Parker does have a bit of power and speed and Joshua we know isn't impervious. Parker should come out attacking and hope to hit the lottery again, he's nothing to lose really apart from his trinket, but he's gaining maximum cash out of that WBO strap and he and his team have done good business.

I'm interested to see if Joshua comes in lighter and more streamlined for this fight. I hope to see him buck the worrying trend of him becoming a meathead and get back to focusing on what actually works best at making him an effective boxer. He's been noticeably slower and more predictable in his last couple of fights and if he comes out musclebound again then Parker's chances will increase slightly, but more importantly the likes of Fury and Wilder will look on and lick their chops.

But I think with this fight, its about levels and Parker just doesn't operate on the same level as Joshua. I'd expect a stoppage within 5. Dave Higgins can big up Parker's chin all he likes, but its a question of competition and Parker just hasn't been hit yet by anyone with the power to lay him out...That'll end in March though along with his reign.

Havoc
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 12:56:47 PM »

This is a mismatch imo.

I really don't rate Parker. He is flat footed and one dimensional.

Easy win for AJ
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 12:56:47 PM »

pogo
V.I.P

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 09:24:05 PM »

I havent seen anything from Parker that would suggest he has anything that will trouble Joshua. In fact quite the opposite, a come forward flat footed type without too much power, i can quite imagine Parker walking on to something big early. Easy nights work for joshua.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 06:12:01 PM »

I can't see past a fairly quick win for Anthony Joshua. I don't think Parker brings anything of note to the table to force the stoppage or points win. This will simply make the Wilder fight bigger which should both come through now has to happen.

A Slice of Life
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 09:35:23 PM »

Iím still a bit undecided on Parker. Takam is a durable opponent and very difficult to look good against and we still donít really know how good hughie fury is to judge him off that fight either. Hopefully he makes it competitive.

I see David Price and agreed to fight Pulev on the undercard as well.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 08:22:28 AM »

Iím still a bit undecided on Parker. Takam is a durable opponent and very difficult to look good against and we still donít really know how good hughie fury is to judge him off that fight either. Hopefully he makes it competitive.

I see David Price and agreed to fight Pulev on the undercard as well.
I saw something interesting on Twitter yesterday that said Tyson fury has to defend his ring belt by 5 April against a top 5 opponent to keep it. The only top 5 heavyweight not signed up for a fight is povetkin and that is the reason he is on the card so aj can get the ring belt without facing fury

I can't see past a quick win for aj v Parker unless Parker produces something not seen so far. I am a lot more interested in wilder v ortiz as a contest.

David price is becoming the new Audley. Just wheeled out for name value. His last fight was a 6 rounder in a leisure centre and now he is fighting a top 5 heavyweight?
legs

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 09:57:01 AM »

looks that way Jaff rumours suggesting its going to be Price v Povetkin might be interesting for a few minutes you'd have to back Povetkin to win early but it would be funny if he got KO'd.

From what i've seen of Parker i'd say Joshua should win easy but in fairness to Parker the last 2-3 fighters both ran from him we know Joshua won't do that.

My prediction Joshua inside 6 rounds and Povetkin in 2 rounds.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 10:55:14 AM »

Anyone getting tickets for this? Iím not but just curious.

Iím sure the cheapest seats will be ďsold out in 30 secondsĒ.

Team Groves
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 01:29:56 PM »

I've got no interest in stadium fights.  Unless you are shelling out for the £2k tickets then the view isn't going to be up to much and the place is just going to be full of people who buy tickets to be able to beg Eddie Hearn for retweets. 

Me and my brother were talking the other day about what boxing events we may go to this year and I think it's unlikely we'll go to any Matchroom or FW events.  We'll most likely do a couple of the Goodwin cards at York Hall and maybe the WBSS Cruiser final overseas or suchlike but that will be it.
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 02:15:37 PM »

I've got no interest in stadium fights.  Unless you are shelling out for the £2k tickets then the view isn't going to be up to much and the place is just going to be full of people who buy tickets to be able to beg Eddie Hearn for retweets. 

Me and my brother were talking the other day about what boxing events we may go to this year and I think it's unlikely we'll go to any Matchroom or FW events.  We'll most likely do a couple of the Goodwin cards at York Hall and maybe the WBSS Cruiser final overseas or suchlike but that will be it.

I'm extra picky about attending fights these days but have tickets to Groves -v- Eubank Jr, which should be a decent event.  And a number of folk attending I haven't seen for a while
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2018, 02:25:27 PM »

Have to admit my two stadium experiences if fights were both great...Calzaghe Kessler and Hatton Lazcano both had tremendous atmospheres even though the view for either fight wasn't up to much (too high up in the top tier for Calzaghe, too low on the ground seats for Hatton).

I do think the spectacle of a stadium fight is something to behold but these days stadiums and arenas both suffer from the same issues...........dickheads in the crowd.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 06:10:10 PM »

Talking of dickheads in the crowd, I see Selby vs Warrington has just been announced. From the reports of others Iím of the thought that Josh has the largest gathering of dickheads behind him of any fighter.

I donít think I attended a fight last year, this year Iím doing Frampton donaire but nothing else lined up. Iíd have gone groves vs Eubanks only for forgetting about tickets as I was in work.

Iím looking forward to seeing how Whyte vs Brown sells as the headliner at the O2.

Team Groves
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: