LiveFight
April 26, 2018, 04:31:19 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spence v Peterson  (Read 832 times)
Vlad The Impaler
V.I.P

« on: January 14, 2018, 03:43:01 PM »

Doesn't look like either Sky or BN have picked this fight up next weekend.

Disappointing considering Spence is coming off a big win and is testing himself against an established fighter.

With regards to Spence, you wonder what his management/promoters are doing when he hasn't been in the ring since end May last year.
LiveFight
« on: January 14, 2018, 03:43:01 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 07:15:06 PM »

This fight seems to have been promoted awfully. There’s barely a mention of it anywhere given the performance Spence put in against Brook. If it wasn’t for Twitter I’m not sure I’d even know it was happening.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 10:18:29 AM »

Doesn't look like either Sky or BN have picked this fight up next weekend.

Disappointing considering Spence is coming off a big win and is testing himself against an established fighter.

With regards to Spence, you wonder what his management/promoters are doing when he hasn't been in the ring since end May last year.

Pretty sure he's managed by Al Haymon which says it all really.
wbamitch

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 06:18:11 PM »

There’s still time for BN to pick it up, they sometimes announce later on in the week, I really hope and expect them to in this case. This is a good first defence for Spence, the guy needs to be seen.

Easter on the undercard against a known opponent as well.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 05:17:15 PM »

Boxnation have picked it up
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 05:17:15 PM »

Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 10:18:46 AM »

Did anyone watch this last night I forgot all about it.

A Slice of Life
mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 12:15:08 PM »

Yeah, Spence looked great.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 02:43:43 PM »

Spence looked good, but it was an ideal fight for him to look good in. We know that Peterson is game and willing to stand and trade and that was never going to work out well against a big 47 pounder like Spence. As soon as Peterson landed flush with the right hand and Spence didn't blink the writing was on the wall.

I like Spence's attitude, he's very confident but he's not a d*ckhead (surprising really considering he hangs around with the Charlo's who are cast iron clowns) I want to see him in with the likes of Thurman, Crawford, Porter, etc and I think he's more than willing to make those fights so we should see some great action at 147 in the next year.

Thurman wants an April tune up and Spence wants a homecoming in May, but after that I see no reason why they can't meet in Autumn. If Thurman isn't ready then lets see a Crawford/Spence title unification made first.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 04:13:41 PM »

Spence looked good, but it was an ideal fight for him to look good in. We know that Peterson is game and willing to stand and trade and that was never going to work out well against a big 47 pounder like Spence. As soon as Peterson landed flush with the right hand and Spence didn't blink the writing was on the wall.

I like Spence's attitude, he's very confident but he's not a d*ckhead (surprising really considering he hangs around with the Charlo's who are cast iron clowns) I want to see him in with the likes of Thurman, Crawford, Porter, etc and I think he's more than willing to make those fights so we should see some great action at 147 in the next year.

Thurman wants an April tune up and Spence wants a homecoming in May, but after that I see no reason why they can't meet in Autumn. If Thurman isn't ready then lets see a Crawford/Spence title unification made first.

There's an interview where Thurman basically ruled out fighting Spence in 2018...it's the one where he says Spence is not on his 'to do list'
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: