LiveFight
September 25, 2018, 11:37:01 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Selby vs Warrington May 19th.  (Read 1591 times)
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: January 23, 2018, 06:11:24 PM »

Confirmed but no venue yet (probably Elland Road). Who do people want and think will win?

Team Groves
LiveFight
« on: January 23, 2018, 06:11:24 PM »

Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 06:33:48 PM »

Confirmed but no venue yet (probably Elland Road). Who do people want and think will win?

I think Selby will win a shut out.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 09:22:06 PM »

Neither fighter does anything for me. Although Iíd rather Shelby won as I despise Warrington fans and I canít see what Warrington brings to the table to stop that from being the case.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 09:56:49 PM »

Neither fighter does anything for me. Although Iíd rather Shelby won as I despise Warrington fans and I canít see what Warrington brings to the table to stop that from being the case.

Iíve never been a Warrington fight but Iíve not heard anyone who has speak fondly of them.

Team Groves
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 08:47:42 AM »

Iíve never been a Warrington fight but Iíve not heard anyone who has speak fondly of them.

He was on the undercard of Abraham v Smith 2 so that's the only reason I've had the displeasure of being around them.  The police ended up hauling a load of them out of the arena after his fight which was on early doors.  But it ended up reflecting badly on everyone else who'd traveled over.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 08:47:42 AM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 09:02:52 AM »

Selby had a real aura around him for a bit, but his profile has completely dropped off the radar in recent times.

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 09:10:28 AM »

Selby had a real aura around him for a bit, but his profile has completely dropped off the radar in recent times.

Yeah he made the mistake of taking the Haymon dollar and invisible Al killed all his career momentum. But this is a big chance for Selby to boost his profile on home shores again. This fight will capture the imagination. After all the back and forth we'll see if it actually delivers.
G-man
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 09:47:39 AM »

Selby has looked flat of late but he does have the potential to up his game when he's 'up for it'. This will probably end up at bell-end road and he could thrive in a hostile atmosphere.

Warrington is a nice kid but his lack of power will kill him at this level.

If Selby turns up in shape then he should win comfortably.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 06:36:34 PM »

Selby has looked flat of late but he does have the potential to up his game when he's 'up for it'. This will probably end up at bell-end road and he could thrive in a hostile atmosphere.

Warrington is a nice kid but his lack of power will kill him at this level.

If Selby turns up in shape then he should win comfortably.

Yeah I agree, Warrington is aggressive and has a workrate, but he'll be walking onto a lot of counters. At the end of the day I think this is a 'levels' type of fight. And when Selby is on his game he's at least a level above Warrington possibly more. And I think after all the build up, all the hype and needle will bring the best out of Selby. I think he'll be inspired and we'll see the gap in class between the two.

This is certainly a fight that is ripe for crowd trouble though and W***** needs to be mindful of that. 
pogo
V.I.P

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 03:21:27 AM »

I predict a riot after Selby outclasses Warrington.

Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 05:02:14 PM »

The kaiser chiefs are performing some time before the main event. They must be absolutely skint.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 05:25:35 PM »

The kaiser chiefs are performing some time before the main event. They must be absolutely skint.

This must be one of the few boxing events in history that Iíd pay good money to not have to attend.
Goldenboy87
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2018, 08:54:22 AM »

I have been talked in to going on Saturday, although this will only be my 2nd Stadium (unfortunately went to Calzaghe v Manfredo Jr.) as I tend to avoid them.

Do have a feeling Warrington may do it on Saturday, although if Selby turns up how we know he can and can keep Warrington at distance then he should have the better skills.

Anyway just wondering if anyone familiar with the Leeds area closer to Elland Road or on the way could recommend any pubs / bars that are not shitholes?

Cheers
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2018, 09:35:03 AM »

I have been talked in to going on Saturday, although this will only be my 2nd Stadium (unfortunately went to Calzaghe v Manfredo Jr.) as I tend to avoid them.

Do have a feeling Warrington may do it on Saturday, although if Selby turns up how we know he can and can keep Warrington at distance then he should have the better skills.

Anyway just wondering if anyone familiar with the Leeds area closer to Elland Road or on the way could recommend any pubs / bars that are not shitholes?

Cheers

Harrogate or York are nice - probably don't want to be going any closer

I think Selby wins this comfortably to start a riot at Bellend Road, although I did think they same about Haye over Bellew so what do I know
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2018, 11:18:16 AM »

Warrington fans were kicking off amongst themselves on the Abraham v Smith undercard in Berlin when his fight was on at something like 6pm. I canít see there not being trouble on Saturday particularly if Selby handles him with ease. And itís not like W***** shows have a great reputation when it comes to security either.
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: