LiveFight
April 26, 2018, 12:01:25 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GGG v Canelo 2  (Read 1504 times)
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: January 29, 2018, 09:25:37 PM »

The rematch has just been confirmed for 5th May in Vegas. Great that itís been made, hopefully there wonít be any ridiculous judging this time around.
LiveFight
« on: January 29, 2018, 09:25:37 PM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 01:07:17 PM »

The rematch has just been confirmed for 5th May in Vegas. Great that itís been made, hopefully there wonít be any ridiculous judging this time around.

Interesting, although strangely not that excited by it tbh.

Probably exactly same outcome with a point in it.
Vlad The Impaler
V.I.P

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 09:20:46 PM »

Glad it's finally been confirmed.

It's same night (well early hours of the Sunday) after Bellew-Haye which means if Sky don't pick up the rights then there's gonna be 2 PPV cards on the same night  Roll Eyes.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 08:38:31 AM »

Glad it's finally been confirmed.

It's same night (well early hours of the Sunday) after Bellew-Haye which means if Sky don't pick up the rights then there's gonna be 2 PPV cards on the same night  Roll Eyes.

At least the first GGG v Canelo fight was effectively free for BN subscribers.  I'd still rather pay twice over to see that rematch than give Sky £20 to see if Haye's leg falls off again.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 08:04:00 PM »

Canelo will knock him out in 3-4 rounds this time...no messing, no playing
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 08:04:00 PM »

jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 09:11:57 PM »

Canelo will knock him out in 3-4 rounds this time...no messing, no playing

I think the other way tbh. Think GGG will go early for him knowing heís only getting stuffed again on the cards.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 08:06:55 PM »

I think the other way tbh. Think GGG will go early for him knowing heís only getting stuffed again on the cards.

LOL yeah mate I actually meant the other way around (GGG KO's Canelo)...I was tired when I wrote that post haha...yeah, GGG will not play this time round, he will cut off the ring, impose his size, and do him early (given what happened with the scorecards last time out)
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 09:44:53 PM »

LOL yeah mate I actually meant the other way around (GGG KO's Canelo)...I was tired when I wrote that post haha...yeah, GGG will not play this time round, he will cut off the ring, impose his size, and do him early (given what happened with the scorecards last time out)

Yep, thatís my thinking.
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 03:03:51 AM »

Would have liked to see Canelo have to fight Jacobs first. Think he already beat GGG and would handle Canelo. But, this is prize fighting and not pride fighting. This is definetly the biggest money fight to be made.
bigbibbs

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 06:10:30 PM »

I see a hagler hearns battler this time.
GGG goes looking for him quickly and gets hurt rocked even put down.
But then he comes back with metal and destroys canelo with relentless attacks.
Of course this could be reversed too.
It's still fifty fifty but overall I think GGG wins and gets out on top.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 09:33:17 PM »

To be honest I canít see it going much different to the first. GGG canít get going from minute one and Canelo is good enough to keep it live until the middle of the fight. Then GGGís class will take over and Canelo will start to run out of gas, get on his bike and lose rounds. I think this time the judges will give it to GGG by 2 or 3 rounds.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 09:16:32 PM »

Canelo has tested positive for clenbuterol, potentially via consuming meat. Seriously, every Mexican fighter just needs to go veggie now.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2018, 07:40:25 AM »

Itís well known the Mexican meat industry supplement their cattle with hormones but thatís not an excuse to test positive for a banned substance. Canelo has enough money to set up camp wherever he wants and import his food from wherever he chooses. He should be banned.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2018, 10:21:53 AM »

Itís well known the Mexican meat industry supplement their cattle with hormones but thatís not an excuse to test positive for a banned substance. Canelo has enough money to set up camp wherever he wants and import his food from wherever he chooses. He should be banned.

I agree.  Mexican fighters have been using this as an excuse for I don't know how long now.  For Canelo to come up positive for it going into what will probably be the biggest fight of the year is ridiculous.

Edit: Arguably the worst thing arising here is that the WBC and WBA have both already come out backing Canelo.  All they care about is collecting some hefty sanctioning fees with scant disregard for pursuing a clean sport agenda.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 10:46:25 AM by The Hurricane » Logged
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2018, 07:32:36 PM »

Due to the positive test I believe Canelo must now use another more regular drug testing agency? I suspect he might look the part on fight night but I wouldn't be surprised if he's a lot flatter and less lively than the previous fight. Just a thought.

A Slice of Life
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: