LiveFight
September 19, 2018, 04:02:30 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wilder vs Ortiz full fight [VIDEO]  (Read 1258 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« on: March 04, 2018, 11:28:48 AM »

video

Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz (03-03-2018) Full Fight - Video Dailymotion
LiveFight
« on: March 04, 2018, 11:28:48 AM »

ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 06:39:41 PM »

Read articles before seeing the actual fight. Dan Rafael has to be one of the worst journalist of any genre.

I was under the impression that Wilder was beaten to within an inch of his life in the 7th round. He clearly lost that round and was hurt, but it was nothing like the way it was reported. Rafael making it sound like the ref was seconds away from stopping it. At no point did Wilder not respond with shots of his own and look like he was in the fight. It was a bizarre recalling of events.

I honestly think Wilder will beat Joshua. I think he has more power and will be more active. If anyone can hurt Wilder, it is big punchers like Ortiz and Joshua. However, we have seen him take some of the more powerful shots in the division and respond in kind. This is the perfect time in his career for him to fight just about anyone. With that said, I donít se this being a very wide window.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 09:51:16 AM »

Read articles before seeing the actual fight. Dan Rafael has to be one of the worst journalist of any genre.

I was under the impression that Wilder was beaten to within an inch of his life in the 7th round. He clearly lost that round and was hurt, but it was nothing like the way it was reported. Rafael making it sound like the ref was seconds away from stopping it. At no point did Wilder not respond with shots of his own and look like he was in the fight. It was a bizarre recalling of events.

I honestly think Wilder will beat Joshua. I think he has more power and will be more active. If anyone can hurt Wilder, it is big punchers like Ortiz and Joshua. However, we have seen him take some of the more powerful shots in the division and respond in kind. This is the perfect time in his career for him to fight just about anyone. With that said, I donít se this being a very wide window.

Whatever people think of Wilder's style, it's been effective for him. Ortiz and Stieverne are no mugs - and I sense they were there to give their all.

I like Deontay, he's daft but seems pretty genuine.

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 11:48:00 AM »

I think the fight was a good one to build anticipation for a fight between Wilder and AJ (assuming AJ beats Parker).  Both carry plenty of power but can be caught themselves and become disorganised.

If Fury can get back to anywhere close to what he was against Wlad then I'd still see both Wilder and AJ being there for the taking for him.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 02:03:09 PM »

Wilder is a poor fighter overall.....but he's awkward, fast and extremely powerful and those attributes mean he's been able to prevail despite being technically lacking. He was losing his title. He'd been outboxed and outfought, but then managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. So vulnerable but so dangerous. You can't write him off.

I would expect Joshua to trample over him, especially if they have gotten a grip on Joshua's weight and plan on coming in sleeker and so faster and more fluid......but Wilder's power and speed make him extremely live and dangerous. Be an edge of seat type of encounter for AJ fans even if AJ was dishing out a one sided beating. For as long as it lasted Wilder would pose real danger.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 02:03:09 PM »

bigbibbs

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 09:59:20 PM »

I think AJ outboxes him all night long just like ortiz did.
But then if Wilder can get one wild punch in and follow it up fully it'll be goodnight for AJ.

We will see if AJ wants the fight or not. I don't think he will fight him anytime he's with the promoter who won't lose his cash cow for anything.
I think AJ will have to get out of his contract and go it alone and then make the wilder fight.
Just because they might want it and us too, it will only happen when hearn wants it.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 04:16:56 PM »

I think AJ outboxes him all night long just like ortiz did.
But then if Wilder can get one wild punch in and follow it up fully it'll be goodnight for AJ.

We will see if AJ wants the fight or not. I don't think he will fight him anytime he's with the promoter who won't lose his cash cow for anything.
I think AJ will have to get out of his contract and go it alone and then make the wilder fight.
Just because they might want it and us too, it will only happen when hearn wants it.

The problem is Wilder brings nothing but his WBC title to the negotiating table. He's not well know outside of the hardcore, he doesn't generate big money, he doesn't draw big crowds, he has to be real with his demands....IF.....he really wants to take on Joshua. At the moment Wilder's demands make the fight a non starter.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 04:49:10 PM »

The problem is Wilder brings nothing but his WBC title to the negotiating table. He's not well know outside of the hardcore, he doesn't generate big money, he doesn't draw big crowds, he has to be real with his demands....IF.....he really wants to take on Joshua. At the moment Wilder's demands make the fight a non starter.
The demands aren't a non-starter. Hearn really wants AJ to have all the belts, hence the #roadtounification everywhere. Trust me, if they think they can beat Wilder to get all the belts they will pay whatever he wants
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 08:13:44 AM »

The demands aren't a non-starter. Hearn really wants AJ to have all the belts, hence the #roadtounification everywhere. Trust me, if they think they can beat Wilder to get all the belts they will pay whatever he wants

They will be prepared to pay over the odds, but they can't allow Wilder to take the p*ss.

There is pressure on Hearn to deliver the fight, but there is also pressure on Wilder too. Joshua has more options available to him than does Wilder. Both are dangerous to potential opposition but at least with AJ the potential foes know they'll be getting paid handsomely. With Wilder its risk and much less reward. Wilder needs to come to terms if he wants to get involved in the real major events and get his hands on the mega money.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 08:58:33 AM »

They will be prepared to pay over the odds, but they can't allow Wilder to take the p*ss.

There is pressure on Hearn to deliver the fight, but there is also pressure on Wilder too. Joshua has more options available to him than does Wilder. Both are dangerous to potential opposition but at least with AJ the potential foes know they'll be getting paid handsomely. With Wilder its risk and much less reward. Wilder needs to come to terms if he wants to get involved in the real major events and get his hands on the mega money.
Disagree on that. Anybody taking a Wilder fight knows they have the option for the AJ fight after if they win. Its for the heavyweight championship of the world whoever they fight. The potential millions on offer aren't just for that one fight but as a whole package should they beat either of them. Nobody in the world will turn down a WIlder or AJ fight. Wilder will demand 50/50 and I think he will get it, IF Hearn wants to take the risk.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 12:01:47 PM »

Wilder is starting to make progress but he has been poorly promoted since he jumped ship from Golden Boy.  He's not a PPV fighter and AJ is, he is just starting to generate reasonable gates at the Barclays Centre but Joshua is selling out stadiums, he's got one belt compared to being a unified champion.  The Ortiz win certainly built the interest but he's still not getting 50%.  And if Fury does mount a comeback successfully, him v Joshua is a bigger fight, particularly with Tyson being the lineal champion.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2018, 01:56:01 PM »

Disagree on that. Anybody taking a Wilder fight knows they have the option for the AJ fight after if they win. Its for the heavyweight championship of the world whoever they fight. The potential millions on offer aren't just for that one fight but as a whole package should they beat either of them. Nobody in the world will turn down a WIlder or AJ fight. Wilder will demand 50/50 and I think he will get it, IF Hearn wants to take the risk.

Wilder does not deserve 50/50. He doesn't generate anything like the money that Joshua does. He also only holds 1 strap in comparison to Joshua who'll hold 3 if/when he beats Parker. Why the onus on Hearn to bend over backwards for Wilder?

Why no pressure on Wilder and Haymon to get realistic with their demands?
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2018, 08:24:33 PM »

Wilder does not deserve 50/50. He doesn't generate anything like the money that Joshua does. He also only holds 1 strap in comparison to Joshua who'll hold 3 if/when he beats Parker. Why the onus on Hearn to bend over backwards for Wilder?

Why no pressure on Wilder and Haymon to get realistic with their demands?
For the Las Vegas millions. If a heavyweight unification was such a big fight on its own AJ v Parker would be in Vegas. AJ is a big name over here but how big is he actually in America.? He's not on a major ppv over there. The wilder fight would make him a massive star over there (ala Manny) if he wins. That opens up 2 fights a year in Vegas and the mega money
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2018, 05:56:21 AM »

I'd give Wilder a puncher's chance against AJ, and I think that puncher's chance will be enough...I can see AJ having the best of the fight, and then out of nowhere, I see Wilder buzzing him badly, then taking him out...as good a fighter AJ is, in terms of being sound with the fundamentals, I can't see him being able to effectively deal with Wilder's awkwardness all the way through
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2018, 02:56:55 PM »

For the Las Vegas millions. If a heavyweight unification was such a big fight on its own AJ v Parker would be in Vegas. AJ is a big name over here but how big is he actually in America.? He's not on a major ppv over there. The wilder fight would make him a massive star over there (ala Manny) if he wins. That opens up 2 fights a year in Vegas and the mega money

Joshua doesn't need Vegas to make mega money, he's already earning big over here and his fights are on already on American TV. Its another market they could look to target, but a win over Wilder doesn't transcend Joshua because Wilder's profile isn't that great. Cracking America isn't the be all and end all for fighters anymore.

Wilder needs Joshua far more then Joshua needs him.....Joshua earns mega now, Wilder's current purses are leagues below. Wilder is not worth 50/50 or close to it at this point. It won't happen for anything like that and if Wilder insists on 50/50 I can't see it happening anytime soon.

If Wilder was the only opponent really out there for Joshua then he'd have a better bargaining stance, but he's not. Joshua has several options and a Fury fight for example is worth more money. Wilder's WBC strap is certainly his ticket to an AJ payday, but he can't take the p*ss.
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: