LiveFight
February 23, 2018, 02:34:38 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miguel Cotto and Manny Pacquiao: TALE OF THE TAPE  (Read 13812 times)
joey_ed27

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2009, 04:16:54 AM »

160 for cotto, and clottey i beleive was 170.. haha wow

Is that right  Shocked?  Exactly why I dont like the fight to begin with.  Where's Floyd Mayweather Jr. when you need him. 

"..If you train hard, the fight's easy... You know.." - Pacman
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2009, 04:16:54 AM »

Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2009, 06:20:59 AM »

LOL they can choose what gloves they can wear bro. Mayweather with his brittle hands can wear the 10 oz ones while Manny will wear the puncher's gloves cleto reyes 8 oz with less padding on the knuckles. Wink

If they couldnt come to an agreement over gloves ie. floyd wanted 10oz manny wanted 8oz and the fight wasnt made, I put my house on reckoning it was Floyd ducking Manny and not the other way around right???  Grin
Keegan Jacobs
The Truth
Executive Member

The Truth

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2009, 02:44:12 PM »

LOL they can choose what gloves they can wear bro. Mayweather with his brittle hands can wear the 10 oz ones while Manny will wear the puncher's gloves cleto reyes 8 oz with less padding on the knuckles. Wink

is it safe to say that if manny cant wear his 8oz gloves against floyd then he has no chance ? Before you answer that , pacman struggled with morales using bigger gloves and we both know PBF is much better than morales in every category.

Can we also say , if pacman is allowed to use the 8oz gloves then he does have a punchers chance ?

Does it actually come down to the gloves on who wins between PBF vs  PACMAN ? haha

fil1979
Executive Member

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2009, 02:51:28 PM »

is it safe to say that if manny cant wear his 8oz gloves against floyd then he has no chance ? Before you answer that , pacman struggled with morales using bigger gloves and we both know PBF is much better than morales in every category.

Can we also say , if pacman is allowed to use the 8oz gloves then he does have a punchers chance ?

Does it actually come down to the gloves on who wins between PBF vs  PACMAN ? haha

LOL I wonder if you'd be one of the first guys here to come and say that PBF was no longer in his prime, shot, overtrained, undertrained etc...etc... when he loses to Manny in a devastating fashion.  Grin

Keegan Jacobs
The Truth
Executive Member

The Truth

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2009, 02:56:50 PM »

LOL I wonder if you'd be one of the first guys here to come and say that PBF was no longer in his prime, shot, overtrained, undertrained etc...etc... when he loses to Manny in a devastating fashion.  Grin

Fil, you got me for the wrong guy, i never make excuses when the fight happens. We can all say who has the advantages before the fight but when its signed and it actually happens, i truly beleive that skill gets you through the night and nothing else. The only thing You will only hear from me if pacman wins is something like " great win , i cant beleive pacman just beat pbf "

No excuses from this side, and hopefully the same from your side.

LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2009, 02:56:50 PM »

fil1979
Executive Member

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2009, 03:09:51 PM »

Fil, you got me for the wrong guy, i never make excuses when the fight happens. We can all say who has the advantages before the fight but when its signed and it actually happens, i truly beleive that skill gets you through the night and nothing else. The only thing You will only hear from me if pacman wins is something like " great win , i cant beleive pacman just beat pbf "

No excuses from this side, and hopefully the same from your side.

Done deal! no excuses from me either! Smiley so anyway do you think JMM would take a step aside fee so that Manny can fight him this year instead of fighting Cotto?

Keegan Jacobs
The Truth
Executive Member

The Truth

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2009, 03:40:36 PM »

Done deal! no excuses from me either! Smiley so anyway do you think JMM would take a step aside fee so that Manny can fight him this year instead of fighting Cotto?

i sure hope so , no disrespect to JMM hes a great boxer and deserves a payday but i would rather see pacman vs pbf . Also would rather not see pacman against cotto at 147 because he might lose and then there wont be a big fight between pbf and pacman. Dont get me wrong i think pacman can win the cotto fight , only if he fights the right kind of fight which he is doing in his previous battles .

fil1979
Executive Member

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2009, 04:01:38 PM »

i sure hope so , no disrespect to JMM hes a great boxer and deserves a payday but i would rather see pacman vs pbf . Also would rather not see pacman against cotto at 147 because he might lose and then there wont be a big fight between pbf and pacman. Dont get me wrong i think pacman can win the cotto fight , only if he fights the right kind of fight which he is doing in his previous battles .

true, for me the Cotto fight is a toss up Pacquiao can win it but there's also a good chance that he might lose in that fight. Cotto is one tough mofo!

soloboxeo

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2009, 04:13:21 PM »

I can't see Cotto winning this one.  Pacquiao is too fast and skillful.  Clottey had Cotto in a lot of trouble and he's also been hurt by other lesser punchers; Judah and Corley come to mind. 
Cotto is a great and exciting fighter but his time may be up. 
Romanopapa

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2009, 07:16:57 AM »

I can't see Cotto winning this one.  Pacquiao is too fast and skillful.  Clottey had Cotto in a lot of trouble and he's also been hurt by other lesser punchers; Judah and Corley come to mind. 
Cotto is a great and exciting fighter but his time may be up. 

Well I can Sad One perfectly-timed left hook from Cotto and he has a good chance.  But I can see Manny frustrating Cotto with his in-out footwork, head movement and incessant output.  For me its Manny by UD or TKO due to cuts.   

Hmm makes me wonder... what do you guys think of the odds on this fight? Who will be favored?

PildiLagiMo

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2009, 05:55:38 PM »

160 for cotto, and clottey i beleive was 170.. haha wow

well now i've been hearing rumors in esb it will be at 147, but with the added twist that at fight night cotto may not weight more than 153.  very unusual if true, but actually kinda makes sense. well, sort of. cotto will not be draining himself to make weight, and pac gets to fight cotto at closer weight. just not sure how that affects the fight really...kinda sensible and weird at the same time.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 05:57:22 PM by PildiLagiMo » Logged

They never run out of reasons saying why it wonít happen. But the truth is they donít want the fight, and they say so many nasty things about me. But I donít mind. I wonít even say anything bad against them. Letís show them that Filipinos know how to respect people,Ē Pacquiao to PhilStar
Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2009, 05:58:08 PM »

well now i've been hearing rumors in esb it will be at 147, but with the added twist that at fight night cotto may not weight more than 153.  very unusual if true, but actually kinda makes sense. well, sort of. cotto will not be draining himself to make weight, and pac gets to fight cotto at closer weight. just not sure how that affects the fight really.

If thats the case that will be even worse than a catchweight!!! At keast at a catchweight Cotto has the option to rehydrate fully, by making him weigh in at no more than 153 on fight night there forcing him to fight at an unhealthy weight! That will be even more tainted than a win over DLH if it happens imo, it shouldnt even be sanctioned!
PildiLagiMo

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2009, 05:59:20 PM »

If thats the case that will be even worse than a catchweight!!! At keast at a catchweight Cotto has the option to rehydrate fully, by making him weigh in at no more than 153 on fight night there forcing him to fight at an unhealthy weight! That will be even more tainted than a win over DLH if it happens imo, it shouldnt even be sanctioned!

anyone can enlighten us how that affects the fighters?

They never run out of reasons saying why it wonít happen. But the truth is they donít want the fight, and they say so many nasty things about me. But I donít mind. I wonít even say anything bad against them. Letís show them that Filipinos know how to respect people,Ē Pacquiao to PhilStar
PildiLagiMo

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2009, 06:03:30 PM »

the other part of the rumour is that pac will have to weigh in at not less than 144 too. again its just forum rumours, but i'm still scratching my head until someone with more experience adds their 2 cents.

Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2009, 06:05:29 PM »

anyone can enlighten us how that affects the fighters?

If cotto weighs in at 160lbs on average on fight night, clearly that is a healthy weight his body reaches whilst having a low body fat % but being fully hydrated, if he's forced to weigh no more than 153lbs on fight night, this is not allowing him to hydrate to a healthy level, hence making him fight whilst dehydrated by a good half of a stone (7lbs). This shouldnt even be sanctioned imo because its obvious Cotto will not be fighting fit on the night due to being dehydrated, at least if its a catchweight it still gives him the opportunity to get himself fighting fit after the weigh in
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: