LiveFight
October 19, 2017, 08:08:15 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All things Pacquiao!  (Read 7983 times)
RAZZ-MCFC
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 12:05:32 AM »

cheers mate just wanted to read the article
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 12:05:32 AM »

Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 12:10:15 AM »

Maybe so but that was then and this is now. Money talks in boxing and now Manny has the money and is the main man so im sure he could get around it if he wished   Smiley

I assume with you  knowing so much about this contract you have seen a copy of it?  Huh?

I am not saying the contract was never made. Im just stating that a lot of contracts arent worth the paper they are written on Wink

yeah true enough, anything can happen i suppose like if valero lost that would be the end of it but its signed anyway so heres hoping....its a fight i would love to see happen!!!! not sure it would last very long doh  Grin
Leve Lad
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 12:12:22 AM »

yeah true enough, anything can happen i suppose like if valero lost that would be the end of it but its signed anyway so heres hoping....its a fight i would love to see happen!!!! not sure it would last very long doh  Grin

Oh yes it would definetly be lively!!  Shocked

"I'm not saying I have any pearls of wisdom, but I have a few questions to ask."  Jim Kerr
BrownBomber

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 12:51:55 AM »

Mosley vs PacMan - No - too much weight difference.

Probably in the later stages, imagine the exchanges though - Mosley's performance against Margarito was a masterclass but to be fair Margarito is not the quickest of cats and was so pedestrian it made Mosley look even better than he actually was.

Would be a very entertaining fight imo.

Floyd vs PacMan - Nope, don't want to see that as I want to see Floyd fight actual Welterweights. Floyd vs Cotto is good, Floyd vs Mosley is good but Floyd vs Paul Williams is Great. 'The Punisher' would beat Floyd.

Cotto vs Manny can be done but I think Manny is at a disadvantage. Cotto is very strong.

Without question Floyd has to establish himself against the elite welters to cement his standing as a great and with a possible Pacquiao fight looking a slim possibility with those purse demands, those 3 fights would secure his right to be called a legendary fighter and I agree that Williams would provide the sternest test, I would still back Floyd to take care of business though.

That would be the perfect chapter for Floyd to end his career in my eyes.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 01:11:54 AM by BrownBomber » Logged

Ich Dien........
Zodiac_1

My passion is to fight

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 03:43:49 PM »

I would still rather see pacquiao vs mayweather than any other fight with pacman. I think that pacquiao would be able to defeat mayweather giving him his 1st defeat
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 03:43:49 PM »

PildiLagiMo

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 06:25:23 PM »

Maybe thats why Freddie wants Manny retired before within the next 12 months or so, so Valero doesnt get his shot

:Smiley somehow that statement sounds so biased and wrong... true stripes beginning to show?

They never run out of reasons saying why it wonít happen. But the truth is they donít want the fight, and they say so many nasty things about me. But I donít mind. I wonít even say anything bad against them. Letís show them that Filipinos know how to respect people,Ē Pacquiao to PhilStar
Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2009, 07:51:28 PM »

:Smiley somehow that statement sounds so biased and wrong... true stripes beginning to show?

true stripes? what other stripes have I shown that your refering too? it was a comment, I didnt say nothing bad about Manny so you can relax now ok 'bro'
brocktonbomber
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 10:44:31 PM »

Well, I still doubt the whole bit about Arum guaranteeing a fight with Pacquiao in Valero's contract. Guess I'd believe it if I saw the contract or maybe heard it from a more reliable source than 'an article on the internet'  :Smiley   I will admit, nothing's impossible and Manny's a very agreeable guy. I read where he signed a contract with Golden Boy, took some bonus money and then just a couple of months later signed with Top Rank, too. I don't know all the specifics, but it necessitated a big lawsuit between the two promoters. More recently, there was the TV dispute he caused in the Philippines before the Hatton fight. The guy's one of my favorite boxer's and he seems like a genuinely nice person. I think at times he's just too agreeable, perhaps even naive, and signs things or says things without thinking, trying to please everyone. Just I little while ago I thought he was agreeing to fight Mosley, then he wasn't. Frankly, I think he'd fight anyone at 147 if it was up to him and Roach and Arum weren't there to watch out for him.
Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 10:50:56 PM »

Well, I still doubt the whole bit about Arum guaranteeing a fight with Pacquiao in Valero's contract. Guess I'd believe it if I saw the contract or maybe heard it from a more reliable source than 'an article on the internet'  :Smiley   I will admit, nothing's impossible and Manny's a very agreeable guy. I read where he signed a contract with Golden Boy, took some bonus money and then just a couple of months later signed with Top Rank, too. I don't know all the specifics, but it necessitated a big lawsuit between the two promoters. More recently, there was the TV dispute he caused in the Philippines before the Hatton fight. The guy's one of my favorite boxer's and he seems like a genuinely nice person. I think at times he's just too agreeable, perhaps even naive, and signs things or says things without thinking, trying to please everyone. Just I little while ago I thought he was agreeing to fight Mosley, then he wasn't. Frankly, I think he'd fight anyone at 147 if it was up to him and Roach and Arum weren't there to watch out for him.

Personally Im starting to think he's a bit of a dark horse, comes accross as mr nice guy but on several occasions has back stabbed people with contracts, maybe Im been too critical  Huh?
brocktonbomber
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 11:05:22 PM »

Personally Im starting to think he's a bit of a dark horse, comes accross as mr nice guy but on several occasions has back stabbed people with contracts, maybe Im been too critical  Huh?
Perhaps you're right and it's me who's being naive. But for now, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Funny, maybe what I'm thinking is a lack of understanding on matters such as contracts, etc. is actually a shrewdly disguised very high business acumen. Maybe we'll never know for sure.
Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2009, 11:06:57 PM »

Perhaps you're right and it's me who's being naive. But for now, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Funny, maybe what I'm thinking is a lack of understanding on matters such as contracts, etc. is actually a shrewdly disguised very high business acumen. Maybe we'll never know for sure.

I dont know the ins and outs of the contracts, just what ive picked up off pacland in my time served there so I may be leaving out key details, who knows
dimtrykuznetsov

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2009, 11:34:35 PM »

I dont like manny
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: