LiveFight
February 19, 2018, 09:58:40 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Tribute to Darren "Dazzler" Sutherland  (Read 1634 times)
Alba
Executive Member

"For what is a man,What has he got ?"

@Albagary
« on: September 15, 2009, 06:54:14 PM »

i haved a lot of things going about my heid about this;a lot of questions like why?

but i feel i want to write something to honour the Bold Darren Sutherland,so here goes

When Darren turned profesional i had only seen him fight amatuer (as im sure most of the readers would have) and seen him lift Bronze at the olympics.Some people are eclisped by the Gold of degale,but to me Sutherlands decorum and manner in which he conducted himself ,outshone any gold medal .

The thing that to me,Made Sutherland stick out was the fact that when he turned profesional ,instead of starting on four rounders Sutherland started on six rounders .his to me showed his intentions and while the fights are (predictabbly) short at this stage of his career it was clear to see that Sutherland had a style that would keep folk entertained ,and that he could go onto join the list of great super middleweights we have seen on these shores over the last few years

also to add to this belief,there was once a former olympian medalist who started out on six rounders aswell and his name was sugar ray leonard ;but make of that what you will ...

so now we are faced with the death of a promising boxer and true gent .The only contact i had with the guy was just occasional chat on facebook and in the forums lbut that alone shows you the measure of the guy .A profesional sportsman who is happy to give his spare time to speak to total strangers and give them the time of day

i hope this wee bit helps you in the same way it has hlped me to spill the beans,and would love to hear what some people are thinking
LiveFight
« on: September 15, 2009, 06:54:14 PM »

MikeyP

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 09:23:25 PM »

IQ for that mate. I agree with you.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 09:32:10 PM »

Class act mate. Sutherland was a top guy.
Terrible
Executive Member

With great power, comes great responsibility

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 11:24:43 PM »

Very nice tribute Rielly. I dont know if any of you like to do this. But if i find out that someone has died i like to go on youtube and find a tribute video in their memory which has a great song to it. I find it very comforting and i think its one of the nicest things people can have done for them. Can you imagine if you occomplished great things like Darren did and people are sitting showing thier kids etc. Thats Darren Sutherland he was a great boxer who was destined for great things. I dunno it just makes me feel inspired. I know if i had occomplished great things and i seen a highlight video of myself at my best moments i would be very humbled.

Two songs i never see on a fighters tributes and i think they would be two of the best is... Staind - So Far Away and  Alter Bridge - In Loving Memory.
Alba
Executive Member

"For what is a man,What has he got ?"

@Albagary
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 06:16:51 AM »

to see such a nice,genuine person go in such a way is what is horryfing to me ... Cry
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 06:16:51 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: